FYI 2022 Updated Production Schedule

@Vermonster - No email notice from Ford but my dealer just informed me that my Build week has been pushed out to 12/6 so now again we can be iconic silver twins going down the line. Loving this New waiting phase so far! :ROFLMAO:
Dude - I still have not received a single email from Ford. It's been my dealer only too! Twinning!!!
 
5 Months, 20 days, 11 hours and 13 minutes! Finally and I absolutely love it! Really glad I added the winch
 

Attachments

  • profile pic.webp
    profile pic.webp
    438.7 KB · Views: 98
@Vermonster - No email notice from Ford but my dealer just informed me that my Build week has been pushed out to 12/6 so now again we can be iconic silver twins going down the line. Loving this New waiting phase so far! :ROFLMAO:
Funny mine is also Iconic Silver with the same scheduled build date...7.3 gas however on mine
 
I've heard this, but I've also heard this upgrades some components as well. I know the capacity upgrade adds a third leaf-spring, but I think there are other changes as well, but I can't find anybody who can 100% confirm it.
@Gadgetwiz There are multiple threads in this forum regarding this topic. The rear leaf pack, rear axle, structural crossmembers are items that have been confirmed from members to be identical between an F250 and F350 Tremor (this is not the case for non-Tremors, btw). I am not aware of any additional items that are present on an F350 (gas vs. gas or diesel vs. diesel). Here are some links to the many discussions that all end up with the same conclusion (after some spirited debate in some):






Now, when I was faced with this decision, I read through all the debates, reviewed the graphic evidence and made the decision that made sense for my usage. I originally had a non-Tremor F350 on order but switched to a Tremor F250 for multiple reasons - this being one. I am not recommending you get a F250 or F350, just presenting the same facts I was offered. If you think you may need the payload someday, or are unsure, the F350 may be the correct choice so you do not find yourself overloaded based on the door sticker.
 
Funny mine is also Iconic Silver with the same scheduled build date...7.3 gas however on mine
Maybe there was a pain shortage we didn't know about! :)
 
@Gadgetwiz *snip*...If you think you may need the payload someday, or are unsure, the F350 may be the correct choice so you do not find yourself overloaded based on the door sticker.

This was the deciding factor with going for the 350 gasser for me. The nearly 4k lb payload is just a beautiful thing.
 
@Gadgetwiz There are multiple threads in this forum regarding this topic. The rear leaf pack, rear axle, structural crossmembers are items that have been confirmed from members to be identical between an F250 and F350 Tremor (this is not the case for non-Tremors, btw). I am not aware of any additional items that are present on an F350 (gas vs. gas or diesel vs. diesel). Here are some links to the many discussions that all end up with the same conclusion (after some spirited debate in some):






Now, when I was faced with this decision, I read through all the debates, reviewed the graphic evidence and made the decision that made sense for my usage. I originally had a non-Tremor F350 on order but switched to a Tremor F250 for multiple reasons - this being one. I am not recommending you get a F250 or F350, just presenting the same facts I was offered. If you think you may need the payload someday, or are unsure, the F350 may be the correct choice so you do not find yourself overloaded based on the door sticker.
And according to the 2022 Ford towing guide, there is differences between the towing capabilities of the 250 v 350, and between the 6.7 v 7.3, but only when it comes to gooseneck/5th wheel. So really, just comes down to the payload/towing need and the legalities of the indicated capabilities.
 
Got a call from my dealer yesterday. She arrived earlier than expected! I'm picking her up today.

Order Date: 07.03.21
Production Date: 10.21.21
Shipment Date: 10.26.21
Delivery Date: 11.03.21

6.7L F350 Lariat Ultimate
Agate Black / Black Onyx
Black Appearance Package
5th Wheel Prep

Can't wait to take her home!
I guess I am now paying penance for how fast my build was or something.

Ordered 9/11
Vin and Build info 9/16
Build Week 10/11
Built 10/13
Ship Date 10/16

Now seems to be lost on never never land ha ha its 608 Miles from SD Plant to Granger Ford, that seems like a 3 to 5 day delivery to me not 3 weeks especially since yours went across the country and you have have it and it shipped 10 days later. Who knows?
 
Last edited:
Placed my order on 10-5-21. Called today, it has a VIN, but no production date....
 
I guess I am not paying pennance for how fast my build was or something.

Orderd 9/11
Vin and Build info 9/16
Build Week 10/11
Built 10/13
Ship Date 10/16

Now seems to be lost on never never land ha ha its 608 Miles from SD Plant to Granger Ford, that seems like a 3 to 5 day delivery to me not 3 weeks especially since yours went across the country and you have have it and it shipped 10 days later. Who knows?
The shipping process is a black hole. Trucks get shipped, some show up in days others get lost and show up several weeks later. It seems like the dealerships just shrug their shoulders and take an “it will get here when it gets here” attitude.
 
Maybe there was a pain shortage we didn't know about! :)
Little known fact: That paint is reserved for only the coolest of cool... I think they have to mine the minerals out of rare earth magnet extract to complete the formulation. Rare earth production is globally dominated by the Chinese right now - so it complicates things... A keen eye will note that the price does not increase for Iconic Silver but there is a "behind the scenes" selection process. I tried to add it to my order but the pick kept defaulting to the $595 Star White option. I guess I am not cool :(

Please don't believe anything stated above...

Happy Thursday all!
 
Placed my order on 10-5-21. Called today, it has a VIN, but no production date....
Who did you call? Placed my order 8-13-21. Still no VIN, date or any communication from Ford or the dealer.:mad:
 
I guess I am not paying pennance for how fast my build was or something.

Orderd 9/11
Vin and Build info 9/16
Build Week 10/11
Built 10/13
Ship Date 10/16

Now seems to be lost on never never land ha ha its 608 Miles from SD Plant to Granger Ford, that seems like a 3 to 5 day delivery to me not 3 weeks especially since yours went across the country and you have have it and it shipped 10 days later. Who knows?

Ever played a relay race?

That's kinda how UPS/FedEx/USPS (basically non-freight) work.

You give them a package -- they pass it from driver to driver until it gets to where it's going. Those drivers operate under a certain class that is not the same as a semi.

For freight, your truck, it's going to be on a class of truck that has a special set of DoT regulations. Among these regulations are breaks. Not brakes like brakes like brake caliper -- but break like lunch break.

Some of these brakes are literally more than one day.

So, why does it take so long? Look up DoT regulations for driver breaks and you'll loose your mind.

Essentially -- you've got a guy driving around that has to exit the highway and find a place to park and take a break every X hours. So his 30 minute break instead of being 30 minutes is really an hour or two because that's just how things go, realistically. Then every X hours over Y days they have to stop and take a 34 hour break.

Now, you're a driver -- you're human, you don't want to take your 34 hour break just anywhere so you plan your trip so it sucks less while still providing that you have a good place to stop for what will most likely end up being 2-3 days.

There you have it. A one week haul by a vigilant driver turns into 2+ weeks largely due to regulation. Otherwise that driver would most likely bust chops to get things delivered and get back home to have a break they could enjoy more.

You also have to factor in there dealer time -- let's say they've got 10 cars going to 5 dealerships each of those 5 stops probably takes 2-3 hours to deal with unloading, paperwork, etc.. Ideally they'd all be going to one dealer and then you'd see much faster delivery times but with the drivers days all chopped up by stops and unwanted DoT breaks -- it gets stretched out.

Likewise, that results in pissed off drivers who go find loads to carry that are a straight shot so the rates go up. On and on, it's a mess. Almost all of which can be traced back to government action that itself can be traced back to corporate lobbying under the guise of safety with the reality of stifling independent and small operation competition to big corporations.
 
Back
Top Bottom