FYI 2022 Updated Production Schedule

Any idea how bad the parts shortages really are, sounds like other car manufacturers are having major issues also and new car production is slowing more and more instead of getting better
Any chips the company gets seem to go to KTP first from what my relatives have told me. They were not aware of the AS issue until I told them, as they are not involved in scheduling and KR with AS were being built. So they just assumed not many AS was being ordered. But the sync systems which use the chips and axles are definitely an issue right now. I watched a video where someone mentioned that after the axle issue was discovered. Dana fired everyone and shut down production at the plant. Then moved production to a new plant. I haven't been able to verify that, but the fact that there are limited number of axles available tends to confirm at least part of the story. I think Dana will be back up to full production before the chip shortage is fixed. Who knows how many chips are sitting off the CA coast. I'm not getting political, but the mess out there was avoidable and could be easily fixed if Newsom really wanted it fixed. I read an article today that said many companies are diverting ships to Jacksonville, FL since the FL ports are working 24/7 and not turning trucks away because they are older. CA ports charging companies fines when the mess is due to their own mismanagement will also make a lot of companys consider FL I imagine.

I would hope that Ford is scheduling trucks with these shift cuts in mind, but who really knows how the people in scheduling make decisions.....😳
 
Any chips the company gets seem to go to KTP first from what my relatives have told me. They were not aware of the AS issue until I told them, as they are not involved in scheduling and KR with AS were being built. So they just assumed not many AS was being ordered. But the sync systems which use the chips and axles are definitely an issue right now. I watched a video where someone mentioned that after the axle issue was discovered. Dana fired everyone and shut down production at the plant. Then moved production to a new plant. I haven't been able to verify that, but the fact that there are limited number of axles available tends to confirm at least part of the story. I think Dana will be back up to full production before the chip shortage is fixed. Who knows how many chips are sitting off the CA coast. I'm not getting political, but the mess out there was avoidable and could be easily fixed if Newsom really wanted it fixed. I read an article today that said many companies are diverting ships to Jacksonville, FL since the FL ports are working 24/7 and not turning trucks away because they are older. CA ports charging companies fines when the mess is due to their own mismanagement will also make a lot of companys consider FL I imagine.

I would hope that Ford is scheduling trucks with these shift cuts in mind, but who really knows how the people in scheduling make decisions.....😳
What a bummer, based on the Q3 news today and the CEO saying the chip shortage was getting better i was hoping they would start pumping these trucks out faster.

I ordered mine on 10/21 and im already antsy as hell. Congrats to all who have progress, and ill be sure not to complain about my wait for a while!
 
Any chips the company gets seem to go to KTP first from what my relatives have told me. They were not aware of the AS issue until I told them, as they are not involved in scheduling and KR with AS were being built. So they just assumed not many AS was being ordered. But the sync systems which use the chips and axles are definitely an issue right now. I watched a video where someone mentioned that after the axle issue was discovered. Dana fired everyone and shut down production at the plant. Then moved production to a new plant. I haven't been able to verify that, but the fact that there are limited number of axles available tends to confirm at least part of the story. I think Dana will be back up to full production before the chip shortage is fixed. Who knows how many chips are sitting off the CA coast. I'm not getting political, but the mess out there was avoidable and could be easily fixed if Newsom really wanted it fixed. I read an article today that said many companies are diverting ships to Jacksonville, FL since the FL ports are working 24/7 and not turning trucks away because they are older. CA ports charging companies fines when the mess is due to their own mismanagement will also make a lot of companys consider FL I imagine.

I would hope that Ford is scheduling trucks with these shift cuts in mind, but who really knows how the people in scheduling make decisions.....😳

Interesting how Ford sends chips to KTP first, must be a huge profit margin for them, was wondering about how the new larger/upgraded sync systems were having on building the trucks

Had no idea about the axles, that sounds like a huge goat rope

I read this article the other day & it does cause one to pause and think, the supply chain “shortage” issue is a very complex one with no fast/easy answer at this point


I have been told (have family that work in Port of Long Beach) the longshoremen union basically runs the ports and they are a huge part of the problem, plus the layouts are garbage and not designed for logical/economical & rapid movement of containers in and out between the rail roads and semis & like you said, the government of Calif has seriously cock blocked things & just made matters way worse

Hopefully the ships that are now rerouted to Florida have a impact on reducing the backlog of imported products, but as in everything that will take time & is not an overnight fix
 
What a bummer, based on the Q3 news today and the CEO saying the chip shortage was getting better i was hoping they would start pumping these trucks out faster.

I ordered mine on 10/21 and im already antsy as hell. Congrats to all who have progress, and ill be sure not to complain about my wait for a while!
The complete shutdown next week was a shocker to the folks on the line at KTP for sure. Most don't mind as they make almost as much with UI when they are off. That might push things out. I don't know if they already sent reschedule notices out for those scheduled next week, or if there were any trucks even originally scheduled. I still think based on the last 6 months, 3 months is a good average for build times. They have been running partial shifts off and on for a while, just not every week. 2 shifts can still pump out a lot of trucks and since they are only making customer orders, hundreds of thousands of usual dealer ordered trucks are not being built. Only issues will be things like temporary parts issues. Non-KR AS issues and GFX running out of bedliner spray for instance. AS issues seems to be letting up a little as vermonster's Lariat AS got scheduled.
 
Interesting how Ford sends chips to KTP first, must be a huge profit margin for them, was wondering about how the new larger/upgraded sync systems were having on building the trucks

Had no idea about the axles, that sounds like a huge goat rope

I read this article the other day & it does cause one to pause and think, the supply chain “shortage” issue is a very complex one with no fast/easy answer at this point


I have been told (have family that work in Port of Long Beach) the longshoremen union basically runs the ports and they are a huge part of the problem, plus the layouts are garbage and not designed for logical/economical & rapid movement of containers in and out between the rail roads and semis & like you said, the government of Calif has seriously cock blocked things & just made matters way worse

Hopefully the ships that are now rerouted to Florida have a impact on reducing the backlog of imported products, but as in everything that will take time & is not an overnight fix
I see these port operations as legal mafia. You have containers coming out of your ass and you are turning away trucks because they are too old? Seriously? That tells me all I need to know. Then add in that fines per container will be issued to companies, but it is the union, port owner, and government refusing to move the containers out. Fine a ship for sitting in port too long, but the port cannot unload the ship so it can move.....only in California.
 
The complete shutdown next week was a shocker to the folks on the line at KTP for sure. Most don't mind as they make almost as much with UI when they are off. That might push things out. I don't know if they already sent reschedule notices out for those scheduled next week, or if there were any trucks even originally scheduled. I still think based on the last 6 months, 3 months is a good average for build times. They have been running partial shifts off and on for a while, just not every week. 2 shifts can still pump out a lot of trucks and since they are only making customer orders, hundreds of thousands of usual dealer ordered trucks are not being built. Only issues will be things like temporary parts issues. Non-KR AS issues and GFX running out of bedliner spray for instance. AS issues seems to be letting up a little as vermonster's Lariat AS got scheduled.

I have a “basic” Platinum Tremor build scheduled for the week of 8 November and have not received anything from Ford (yet) pushing back the build date, but as I am a pessimist am expecting it to happen
 
I have a “basic” Platinum Tremor build scheduled for the week of 8 November and have not received anything from Ford (yet) pushing back the build date, but as I am a pessimist am expecting it to happen
It is always a possibility. Has anyone checked the spreadsheet to see if any builds are scheduled for next week? If there are none, then maybe they thought ahead and blocked next week and you might be fine. I didn't use the spreadsheet so I don't know anything about it.
 
I see these port operations as legal mafia. You have containers coming out of your ass and you are turning away trucks because they are too old? Seriously? That tells me all I need to know. Then add in that fines per container will be issued to companies, but it is the union, port owner, and government refusing to move the containers out. Fine a ship for sitting in port too long, but the port cannot unload the ship so it can move.....only in California.

My neighbor is a truck driver for Union Pacific rail road and he was detained at a Calif entry port & marked out of service/denied entry into Calif with his company inspected/certified semi due to some Calif only law when he was actually responding with needed equipment for a derailment & it took an additional 3 days for the equipment to be transferred from his semi to a Calif legal semi & he turned around and went home

Have 2 guys I was in the military with that are OTR truckers & the stories they tell, they work for different companies and both refuse to go into Calif due to driver safety as well as the unreal laws for truckers
 
It is always a possibility. Has anyone checked the spreadsheet to see if any builds are scheduled for next week? If there are none, then maybe they thought ahead and blocked next week and you might be fine. I didn't use the spreadsheet so I don't know anything about it.

I’m not on the spreadsheet and only know about it due to reading posts here, have never even looked at it
 
Thanks for all the info on the ports. I love getting political and 100% blame one party particularly. This is bad news because my other car is literally falling apart. I try and drive my car until the wheels fall off and this thing has become unsafe to drive. We traveled back to Cincinnati and drove around dealerships here while trying to get our son to fall asleep and lots are empty. I knew it was but it just seems like fake news until you actually see it in a big city. I live in a small town in NC and drive the highway to Norfolk and never see a dealership unless I go on purpose. Elizabeth city ford is a small dealership and probably shot myself in the foot ordering from them but at this point I think it would be a waste to try someone close to Norfolk or Virginia Beach. We thought we would have it built by now but looks more and more likely to be built in January or February. ‘24 couldn’t get here soon enough
 
The complete shutdown next week was a shocker to the folks on the line at KTP for sure. Most don't mind as they make almost as much with UI when they are off. That might push things out. I don't know if they already sent reschedule notices out for those scheduled next week, or if there were any trucks even originally scheduled. I still think based on the last 6 months, 3 months is a good average for build times. They have been running partial shifts off and on for a while, just not every week. 2 shifts can still pump out a lot of trucks and since they are only making customer orders, hundreds of thousands of usual dealer ordered trucks are not being built. Only issues will be things like temporary parts issues. Non-KR AS issues and GFX running out of bedliner spray for instance. AS issues seems to be letting up a little as vermonster's Lariat AS got scheduled.

I was hoping my buddy was wrong. I know my truck is currently on The line So that will suck knowing it’s stuck there, the way he talked They were already down as of yesterday
 
My neighbor is a truck driver for Union Pacific rail road and he was detained at a Calif entry port & marked out of service/denied entry into Calif with his company inspected/certified semi due to some Calif only law when he was actually responding with needed equipment for a derailment & it took an additional 3 days for the equipment to be transferred from his semi to a Calif legal semi & he turned around and went home

Have 2 guys I was in the military with that are OTR truckers & the stories they tell, they work for different companies and both refuse to go into Calif due to driver safety as well as the unreal laws for truckers
And i thought gretchen was bad
 
Go green!
Go White! (both kids are at MSU... even though I went to UofM its 3 against 1 now)

1635506859459.webp
 
Rumor is worse than shut down till Monday. The rumor going on at the factory right now is that KTP will be completely shut down next week, all 3 teams/shifts. She is waiting for the official letter stating that. On top of that, the next rumor is that they will only run 2 teams the rest of the year. Each team will alternate, working 2 weeks, then be off a week.

So looks like no trucks next week at all, then reduced production rest of the year. As soon as I have definitive information, I'll pass it on.
I heard similar rumors over in a Facebook group. If true, that’s a bummer.
 
Go White! (both kids are at MSU... even though I went to UofM its 3 against 1 now)

View attachment 37875
I went to MSU my wife went to U of M. We get along great for 364 days a year but tomorrow is the one day where we piss each other off😂
 
@Rhino have you taken delivery?
 
Back
Top Bottom