FYI 2022 Updated Production Schedule

I believe this. I was talking with my salesman about two weeks ago. Both Ford and the dealers are planning to limit the stock they carry because too much stock leads to big rebates.

The plan is to have more "mannequin" vehicles, but placing retail orders. He explained how rebates to move last years models leads to more rebates, and they (Ford Corporate) are now planning to continue to hold closer to MSRP even after the shortages ease.

I'm not saying this will work, but it's what they are planning. Without all the Big 3 doing the same thing, buyers who need a truck fast will likely go to the manufacturer that has them on the lots.

I think it will be years before we get back to pre-pandemic stock levels, and maybe never. I also, personally, don't expect to see rebates (like the large pre-pandemic) until production exceeds demand by a large margin. Probably several years at minimum.

Not to mention that the prices of our trucks went up several times this year, but a smaller percentage than what Ford is likely paying for components.

Plus, with a 2023 redesign, they have an opportunity for a significant price increase across the board.

So, yeah right now is probably the cheapest time to get a SD.
I think it will take a huge shift in buyer behavior...an external influencer like a recession. Then they will be trying to motivate the savers to spend.
 
Woke up to this and I’m so glad I pulled the trigger Saturday and bought dealer stock. The commodity restraints are no joke, hopefully they have some things figured out before the 23’s are slated to come out
7E647E1B-75C4-493A-8914-9124AA3F4F13.webp
 
So after seeing the see-saw of build dates for my order I found this needle in a hay stack all the way in NC. I begged my dealer to contact the rep and take off adaptive steering and was told no way guess they can mark up my order and make some profit. Missing one option and is a totally different color but I’m happy the wait is over. Drove it home 500 miles through the mountains on West VA at 80 every where I could go 80 and averaged 18.2 by manually calculating. The steering is a little squirmy but I’ll get used to it. Hope you guys get your builds sooner than later. Especially you Vermonster!View attachment 35647
Sweeet rig!!! Thanks for the cheering! I’m looking forward to it!
 
Woke up to this and I’m so glad I pulled the trigger Saturday and bought dealer stock. The commodity restraints are no joke, hopefully they have some things figured out before the 23’s are slated to come outView attachment 35702
When were you scheduled for? Adaptive steering?
 
I believe this. I was talking with my salesman about two weeks ago. Both Ford and the dealers are planning to limit the stock they carry because too much stock leads to big rebates.

The plan is to have more "mannequin" vehicles, but placing retail orders. He explained how rebates to move last years models leads to more rebates, and they (Ford Corporate) are now planning to continue to hold closer to MSRP even after the shortages ease.

I'm not saying this will work, but it's what they are planning. Without all the Big 3 doing the same thing, buyers who need a truck fast will likely go to the manufacturer that has them on the lots.

I think it will be years before we get back to pre-pandemic stock levels, and maybe never. I also, personally, don't expect to see rebates (like the large pre-pandemic) until production exceeds demand by a large margin. Probably several years at minimum.

Not to mention that the prices of our trucks went up several times this year, but a smaller percentage than what Ford is likely paying for components.

Plus, with a 2023 redesign, they have an opportunity for a significant price increase across the board.

So, yeah right now is probably the cheapest time to get a SD.
I dont think it will be years before dealer lots are stuffed with cars/trucks again. Fords sales numbers are down big time and will continue to decline through next year. Say a dealer normally moves 500 trucks a month, right now he is only selling 50 but he is getting full MSRP or even a few K over. Do you think that sales model work? Most dealers are set up for volume and while they can survive for maybe a year or so in the current market conditions long term they wont last. Neither can Ford.... YTD sales are 360k trucks! normally sales volume is 1,000,000 trucks.. They will be lucky if they hit 500k . Fords stock price will eventually get pummeled when the earnings report hits. Right now its jacked up because of EV news.. new plant, batteries .. yadda yadda
 
The Ford and Mach-E tracking apps both show my truck having been delivered to the dealer yesterday! I just reached out to the salesmen and he's going to check now to see if it is in fact delivered! It was due to arrive last week so hopefully all going well I get the confirmation soon- its been a painful wait since 5/23!
2022 F250/6.7 diesel Lariat Tremor/ Blackout package/High Capacity Tow/Ultimate
 
The Ford and Mach-E tracking apps both show my truck having been delivered to the dealer yesterday! I just reached out to the salesmen and he's going to check now to see if it is in fact delivered! It was due to arrive last week so hopefully all going well I get the confirmation soon- its been a painful wait since 5/23!
2022 F250/6.7 diesel Lariat Tremor/ Blackout package/High Capacity Tow/Ultimate
Awesome!!!
Man I hope it’s there for you!
 
Finally got a build date of 10/21!

ordered 6/20 f350 6.7 black lariat ultimate. Retractable tonneau cover, power running boards, moonroof, black appearance, rain sensing wipers, heated rear seats, and 5th wheel prep
 
Salesman texted me asking if I was considering dropping AS. Still have the same feelings as I did before, my Land Cruiser is holding up wonderfully and I don’t *need* the tow capacity for another few months. He said it was the only thing holding it up, so maybe there’s some weird details with that advertised axle shortage we aren’t understanding.
 
Salesman texted me asking if I was considering dropping AS. Still have the same feelings as I did before, my Land Cruiser is holding up wonderfully and I don’t *need* the tow capacity for another few months. He said it was the only thing holding it up, so maybe there’s some weird details with that advertised axle shortage we aren’t understanding.
I received same call, Saturday, asking to remove AS. I just can’t bring myself to remove anything from my build.
 
It has definitely arrived and I'm picking it up Wednesday morning.
The Ford and Mach-E tracking apps both show my truck having been delivered to the dealer yesterday! I just reached out to the salesmen and he's going to check now to see if it is in fact delivered! It was due to arrive last week so hopefully all going well I get the confirmation soon- its been a painful wait since 5/23!
2022 F250/6.7 diesel Lariat Tremor/ Blackout package/High Capacity Tow/Ultimate
 
I received same call, Saturday, asking to remove AS. I just can’t bring myself to remove anything from my build.
I can respect that, but if they had never come out with AS, would you have thought any less of your truck? If a "Nice to have" is delaying your satisfaction, and may never materialize, it seems to me a better option to go with getting the truck now. They cancelled my Tremor option on my XLT and so I will just add the components it's now lacking. I still won't have the limited slip front axles, but that's the price I paid to get the truck now. I feel it was worth it.
 
I can respect that, but if they had never come out with AS, would you have thought any less of your truck? If a "Nice to have" is delaying your satisfaction, and may never materialize, it seems to me a better option to go with getting the truck now. They cancelled my Tremor option on my XLT and so I will just add the components it's now lacking. I still won't have the limited slip front axles, but that's the price I paid to get the truck now. I feel it was worth it.
Well, I’ve been all over the place on what to do. At this point I’m committed to this build. (I think)

Thank you for your perspective maybe I’ll reconsider after Thursday 10/7… maybe.

This forum has been amazing.
 
Back
Top Bottom