FYI 2022 Updated Production Schedule

I did substantiate, actually. My first three reasons are all from Truck Hero products I've owned. I've owned 3 variations of extang covers, and 2 variations of BAK covers - far more than you have. If you research BAK and extang issues in other forums online, you'll find similar stories.

My last claim cannot be substantiated via online article or on their website (which is what you're using as sources) so I'm leaving it out. Let's just say they were forcing non-essential staff back in-office when the stay at home order in MI was in place and then firing them for not complying.

I guess you could say I have a grudge.. after many substandard products and then learning about recent events - I refuse to support this company and would rather spend my hard earned dollars with agricover or Diamondback.

You misunderstood me, I am/have not been talking about the products, depending on the forum they are either well spoken about or hated, they are not built or designed to the same Diamondback quality nor are they priced the same. I can find tons of information about them on line.

I was talking about the covid claim you made & it seems more of a political and emotional you hate them due to making employees work thing & that is your right, but it’s also opens up a huge can of worms if one was to go down that politically charged rabbit hole.

All I will say as a former MI resident and one who still has lots of family in MI and visits MI regularly, the Governor of MI is a far left progressive power hungry demigoddess & failed to follow the rules she established for the citizens of MI as she felt she is above the rules.
 
You misunderstood me, I am/have not been talking about the products, depending on the forum they are either well spoken about or hated, they are not built or designed to the same Diamondback quality nor are they priced the same. I can find tons of information about them on line.

I was talking about the covid claim you made & it seems more of a political and emotional you hate them due to making employees work thing & that is your right, but it’s also opens up a huge can of worms if one was to go down that politically charged rabbit hole.

All I will say as a former MI resident and one who still has lots of family in MI and visits MI regularly, the Governor of MI is a far left progressive power hungry demigoddess & failed to follow the rules she established for the citizens of MI as she felt she is above the rules.
I wouldn't call it a political issue or an emotional issue, it's one of ethics and product quality mainly. Like I said, I don't care to tell the entire story online as it turns into a he-said, she-said situation, but I've worked for and seen first-hand both liberal and conservative leaning organizations in our state abide by the rules/guidelines provided at the time - right, wrong, or indifferent. I also don't care for our governor either, but that's besides the point.

I also refrain from shopping on Amazon or at Walmart as much as possible as well. Nothing to do with politics and more so with their unethical treatment of employees and business practices. Nothing political about it, just like to spend my money where I think or know their staff are getting treated well - I worked my way up from the gutter and have an immense appreciation for companies that value their employees.
 
I just made the journey over the the dealership. Haven’t been having much luck getting info through text/email. They said Ford has changed my priority level to 2. They say that’s good news.
It is a Lariat, 7.3, ultimate with blackout and dual batteries.
Does Ford changing it to lvl2 actually mean anything?
Mine was changed to 1 and the following week I got a VIN and build date so there is hope.
 
Who’s feeling good about this Thursday?

3CC5F1D5-F9DA-4FB6-AC13-4E5EB6D63FAB.webp
 
Its getting interesting, for sure. Both dealerships here (Ram & Ford) have lost nearly all of their salesmen. The owners are now working the floor which must be a humbling experience. The salesman I have been working with finally called me back to let me know he was going camping with his boys for the next few weeks, but assured me I wouldnt miss any updates since he doesnt expect there to be any updates. I like to give car salesmen crap, but I do feel bad when they have families to feed and nothing to sell. The John Deere dealership in town is the same way. Not a lick of inventory beyond a few garden tractors.
 
Its getting interesting, for sure. Both dealerships here (Ram & Ford) have lost nearly all of their salesmen. The owners are now working the floor which must be a humbling experience. The salesman I have been working with finally called me back to let me know he was going camping with his boys for the next few weeks, but assured me I wouldnt miss any updates since he doesnt expect there to be any updates. I like to give car salesmen crap, but I do feel bad when they have families to feed and nothing to sell. The John Deere dealership in town is the same way. Not a lick of inventory beyond a few garden tractors.
But cars and trucks are selling well. Sure they don't get paid till the vehicle is built and delivered, but I would expect sales people to be taking lots of orders, no?

Plus, many dealers are getting at or near MSRP. Manufacturers are making great profits, I have to assume dealers are also?

Well maybe not Dodge dealers, cause who wants to wait for a Dodge?
 
5 1/2 month wait, but so far I'm pretty satisfied. Good luck to those who have been waiting, I hope it's as satisfying for you as it is for me. This is the first truck I've ordered to my specification and my style, rather than the dealer, no one to blame but me. I was really disappointed when they changed my option for blue, but I think having Michigan State Police blue isn't so bad.
View attachment 35545
View attachment 35546
View attachment 35547
View attachment 35550
You are going to have to make the garage bigger!!
 
But cars and trucks are selling well. Sure they don't get paid till the vehicle is built and delivered, but I would expect sales people to be taking lots of orders, no?

Plus, many dealers are getting at or near MSRP. Manufacturers are making great profits, I have to assume dealers are also?

Well maybe not Dodge dealers, cause who wants to wait for a Dodge?
Hahaha I hear you on the Dodge, the more they get passed around, the less confidence I have in them.

I think the increased profits are probably a bandaid for reduction in overall volumes. Most automaker profit is driven by volume since margins are not typically as high as consumer goods. Hopefully volumes go back to normal once commodity and labor shortages phase out. The thing that worries me is if they continue to keep prices higher than pre-pandemic levels even after volumes normalize despite reduction in demand.
 
But cars and trucks are selling well. Sure they don't get paid till the vehicle is built and delivered, but I would expect sales people to be taking lots of orders, no?

Plus, many dealers are getting at or near MSRP. Manufacturers are making great profits, I have to assume dealers are also?

Well maybe not Dodge dealers, cause who wants to wait for a Dodge?
You dont buy a Dodge....you buy a Cummins and rent the transmission.

Yes, cars and trucks are selling great! But the lots are empty. If you're one of those individuals who live month to month you cant afford the wait for special orders to arrive.
 
Last edited:
Hahaha I hear you on the Dodge, the more they get passed around, the less confidence I have in them.

I think the increased profits are probably a bandaid for reduction in overall volumes. Most automaker profit is driven by volume since margins are not typically as high as consumer goods. Hopefully volumes go back to normal once commodity and labor shortages phase out. The thing that worries me is if they continue to keep prices higher than pre-pandemic levels even after volumes normalize despite reduction in demand.
My SIL works in finance and is an econ professor. She said "Today is the least expensive that a new truck will ever be". She is referencing MSRP pricing. Obviously they will eventually have rebates like pre pandemic, but the MSRP bar has been set.
 
It seams as if our wait may be increasing over this axle issue. All this added time has me constantly rethinking my build. Initially I ordered the value package and added everything else that I wanted. So my question, is the added option of the ultimate package worth it? It only adds 1840.00 to the total but adds wireless charging, push button start, power telescoping steering wheel, ambient lighting and I think memory to the peddles and seat. Just curious what other people feel about these options. Might change my order if it doesn't extend anything.
I would just do it!! When do you have the opportunity to get some cool *hit for $1800...
 
My SIL works in finance and is an econ professor. She said "Today is the least expensive that a new truck will ever be". She is referencing MSRP pricing. Obviously they will eventually have rebates like pre pandemic, but the MSRP bar has been set.
I believe this. I was talking with my salesman about two weeks ago. Both Ford and the dealers are planning to limit the stock they carry because too much stock leads to big rebates.

The plan is to have more "mannequin" vehicles, but placing retail orders. He explained how rebates to move last years models leads to more rebates, and they (Ford Corporate) are now planning to continue to hold closer to MSRP even after the shortages ease.

I'm not saying this will work, but it's what they are planning. Without all the Big 3 doing the same thing, buyers who need a truck fast will likely go to the manufacturer that has them on the lots.

I think it will be years before we get back to pre-pandemic stock levels, and maybe never. I also, personally, don't expect to see rebates (like the large pre-pandemic) until production exceeds demand by a large margin. Probably several years at minimum.

Not to mention that the prices of our trucks went up several times this year, but a smaller percentage than what Ford is likely paying for components.

Plus, with a 2023 redesign, they have an opportunity for a significant price increase across the board.

So, yeah right now is probably the cheapest time to get a SD.
 
So after seeing the see-saw of build dates for my order I found this needle in a hay stack all the way in NC. I begged my dealer to contact the rep and take off adaptive steering and was told no way guess they can mark up my order and make some profit. Missing one option and is a totally different color but I’m happy the wait is over. Drove it home 500 miles through the mountains on West VA at 80 every where I could go 80 and averaged 18.2 by manually calculating. The steering is a little squirmy but I’ll get used to it. Hope you guys get your builds sooner than later. Especially you Vermonster!
7379B58C-AF4E-42EE-8F72-05082D1F3BAD.jpeg
 
So after seeing the see-saw of build dates for my order I found this needle in a hay stack all the way in NC. I begged my dealer to contact the rep and take off adaptive steering and was told no way guess they can mark up my order and make some profit. Missing one option and is a totally different color but I’m happy the wait is over. Drove it home 500 miles through the mountains on West VA at 80 every where I could go 80 and averaged 18.2 by manually calculating. The steering is a little squirmy but I’ll get used to it. Hope you guys get your builds sooner than later. Especially you Vermonster!View attachment 35647
Congrats! Sharp looking truck, glad it worked out for you. What option was it missing??
 
I believe this. I was talking with my salesman about two weeks ago. Both Ford and the dealers are planning to limit the stock they carry because too much stock leads to big rebates.

The plan is to have more "mannequin" vehicles, but placing retail orders. He explained how rebates to move last years models leads to more rebates, and they (Ford Corporate) are now planning to continue to hold closer to MSRP even after the shortages ease.

I'm not saying this will work, but it's what they are planning. Without all the Big 3 doing the same thing, buyers who need a truck fast will likely go to the manufacturer that has them on the lots.

I think it will be years before we get back to pre-pandemic stock levels, and maybe never. I also, personally, don't expect to see rebates (like the large pre-pandemic) until production exceeds demand by a large margin. Probably several years at minimum.

Not to mention that the prices of our trucks went up several times this year, but a smaller percentage than what Ford is likely paying for components.

Plus, with a 2023 redesign, they have an opportunity for a significant price increase across the board.

So, yeah right now is probably the cheapest time to get a SD.
Thanks for the insight
 
So after seeing the see-saw of build dates for my order I found this needle in a hay stack all the way in NC. I begged my dealer to contact the rep and take off adaptive steering and was told no way guess they can mark up my order and make some profit. Missing one option and is a totally different color but I’m happy the wait is over. Drove it home 500 miles through the mountains on West VA at 80 every where I could go 80 and averaged 18.2 by manually calculating. The steering is a little squirmy but I’ll get used to it. Hope you guys get your builds sooner than later. Especially you Vermonster!View attachment 35647
Congrats! That’s a awesome looking truck. 👍🏻
 
Back
Top Bottom