FYI 2022 Updated Production Schedule

My wait of almost 6 months came to an end yesterday. Ordered on 4/14 drove it home on 9/30.
4C14E7C3-2773-456D-8A5E-302ADB768E94.webp
 
For me it’s not about consumerism, it’s about replacing a 2000 model Super Duty with 300,000 miles that I bought 21 years ago. It’s been a good truck. It’s just time…
No doubt. If I had to split hairs I would just get an XL and tow horses. Everything else is fluff. But I want the fluff, and am willing to pay!
 
No doubt. If I had to split hairs I would just get an XL and tow horses. Everything else is fluff. But I want the fluff, and am willing to pay!
When I ordered my model year 2000 Super Duty I got all the creature comforts offered at the time, and I’ve enjoyed it. The option that I currently have, and that I’m really going to miss because it is no longer available, is the five-speed manual transmission.
 
Now that the truck that I ordered on April 17th is finally in production, I feel like I’m floating on air. Thus the inspiration for updating my avatar image. This was at the end of a really cool hike in Norway called Trolltunga, or the “Troll’s Tongue.” It is a finger of granite that jets out beyond a sharp cliff. The lake below is about 2100 feet straight down. It has been rated as one of the ten best hikes in the world. It is truly awe inspiring.
 
My wait of almost 6 months came to an end yesterday. Ordered on 4/14 drove it home on 9/30.
View attachment 35434
Seems like our trucks were built and shipped at exactly the same time. I wonder If I was the first stop on the bus route and you were the second. Hoping to pick mine up this afternoon or tomorrow morning.
 
Just spoke to my dealer and my 4/20 order Platinum with AS build week has been pushed to Dec 6th.
He also said that Ford is going to be giving an incentive to the buyers that have had excessive waits. At this point I am over it, could care less if it gets built.. my new car fever is dead. I have a Raptor on order too and no signs its going to get built either. Not cancelling , but not holding my breath they will get built.

So all of you with adaptive steering should reach out to your dealer to get your bad news.
 
For me it’s not about consumerism, it’s about replacing a 2000 model Super Duty with 300,000 miles that I bought 21 years ago. It’s been a good truck. It’s just time…
Awesome... I hope to achieve the same with mine!
 
Just spoke to my dealer and my 4/20 order Platinum with AS build week has been pushed to Dec 6th.
He also said that Ford is going to be giving an incentive to the buyers that have had excessive waits. At this point I am over it, could care less if it gets built.. my new car fever is dead. I have a Raptor on order too and no signs its going to get built either. Not cancelling , but not holding my breath they will get built.

So all of you with adaptive steering should reach out to your dealer to get your bad news.
I hope that they do give some kind of incentive. Those of you that ordered early deserve it. It will be interesting to see what they consider an extended wait time.
 
Yes, that is part of the Ultimate package. View attachment 35404
mine didn't come with them, i have the ultimate package. which recourse do i have after accepting the truck ?

was the running boards an additional line item on your window sticker, or just included in the ultimate package.
 
Last edited:
I hope that they do give some kind of incentive. Those of you that ordered early deserve it. It will be interesting to see what they consider an extended wait time.
If they do give an incentive I would expect it would be in the form of "Ford OEM Accessories Dollars" - a gift certificate or card good for OEM Ford accessories or parts at dealer - keep the money in the Family :) .

Hope they do, as those who waited since April - May etc. who still have no truck in sight and patiently wait, to buy a $80K +/- truck - should get some kind of recognition from Ford - good will is easy to loose and hard to gain back - doing something for those loyal customers would generate good will for Ford and every auto Mfg. can use a bit of that right now!
 
Last edited:
mine didn't come with them, i have the ultimate package. which recourse do i have after accepting the truck ?

was the running boards an additional line item on your window sticker, or just included in the ultimate package.
Power running boards are not part of the Lariat Ultimate and are separate line item.
 
Oh hell - we don't. We have tricked ourselves into thinking we do - and now it's too late. :devilish: Gotta love consumerism. My intentions are to keep this truck for a long time, so somehow it makes it reasonable. It's still not...
Well yes and no. When I bought a new truck in 2001 it cost me 22K. Anything that more than doubles in price in 20 years isn't reasonable. But, given where we are, and the sparseness of new trucks, the price is at least explainable. My 20 year old truck is done. It's got 250K, a recently replaced engine because Chevy couldn't make heads that will last 200K miles without cracking, and now I lost high gear in the tranny. With things highly mechanical, at some point it is better to buy the new one. When doing so, we should buy the best one for us that we can afford regardless of the cost.
 
mine didn't come with them, i have the ultimate package. which recourse do i have after accepting the truck ?
What trim to you have - they come on KR as part of Ultimate package - but not Lariat - for Lariat they are an additional option with added cost. The power deployable running boards are standard on the Platinum trim.
 
Well yes and no. When I bought a new truck in 2001 it cost me 22K. Anything that more than doubles in price in 20 years isn't reasonable. But, given where we are, and the sparseness of new trucks, the price is at least explainable. My 20 year old truck is done. It's got 250K, a recently replaced engine because Chevy couldn't make heads that will last 200K miles without cracking, and now I lost high gear in the tranny. With things highly mechanical, at some point it is better to buy the new one. When doing so, we should buy the best one for us that we can afford regardless of the cost.
Not going to argue that. It points out that we have several folks on here who have old tired cars/trucks. We are not the ones trading every two or three years.
 
What trim to you have - they come on KR as part of Ultimate package - but not Lariat - for Lariat they are an additional option with added cost. The power deployable running boards are standard on the Platinum trim.

In both the King Ranch and the Platinum when you select the Tremor package the default boards are the Tremor ones & you need to have that specfically changed to the power boards.
 
Back
Top Bottom