FYI 2022 Updated Production Schedule

I showed those scheduling notes to my sales manager and we searched through his (Great Lakes region) scheduling notes. We could not find anything about the axles. He called me yesterday to tell me that he heard back from his zone manager who also said there isn’t any hold ups. Very strange, as I agree that parts are parts and ice’s notes are obviously true as we didn’t see anyone scheduled last week. Just not sure why it’s not more publicized if there’s an apparent axle shortage.

meanwhile, Ford is going to launch more vehicle lines, plants, options, model changes. Cool. Lol.
Let's hope you're immune to it. For what it's worth - my dealer told me (for months now) there are no hold-ups. Even after checking with the zone manager. lol
 
Well, I tried to cancel my cover and liner and got this from salesman:

"Eric it will not let me change it at this point. Its marked priority 2 and is being previewed which means they are gathering the parts and should have a vin soon..."

Not cracking open the champagne or anything, but fingers crossed :rolleyes:
Mine was moved to 01 priority last week and I haven’t heard anything yet. Based on the info from BO forum, I’m not getting my hopes up yet, only been waiting since May.
 
Mine was moved to 01 priority last week and I haven’t heard anything yet. Based on the info from BO forum, I’m not getting my hopes up yet, only been waiting since May.
Yeah, I’m not too optimistic. I originally ordered mid July then completely changed it to what was considered a new order mid august. Hopefully we’ll both be sipping the bubbly soon.
 
going to pick mine up on Thursday. a good news story, my dealer honored X-Plan and PCO so my 105,849$ CAD msrp is coming in at 95,678$. i am super happy to be saving my self $10,171
Where were you able to get a pco? I haven’t seen any up for canadian trucks, wouldn’t mind snagging one myself!
 
I showed those scheduling notes to my sales manager and we searched through his (Great Lakes region) scheduling notes. We could not find anything about the axles. He called me yesterday to tell me that he heard back from his zone manager who also said there isn’t any hold ups. Very strange, as I agree that parts are parts and ice’s notes are obviously true as we didn’t see anyone scheduled last week. Just not sure why it’s not more publicized if there’s an apparent axle shortage.

meanwhile, Ford is going to launch more vehicle lines, plants, options, model changes. Cool. Lol.
I would refer to the scheduling that happened two weeks ago (09/16). The day before, ice-capades posted a New York Regional note that stated that no SDs would be scheduled that week. Then, the next day, to everyone's surprise, a LARGE NUMBER of folks around here (and on the SD tracker sheet) got scheduled. So, there certainly does seem to be a regional component to this puzzle. Now, how much does that apply to noted commodity shortaged? I would think that region wouldn't apply at all, but then again, maybe restricting scheduling region by region is one way that Ford level-loads their production to what parts they have available (similar to how they skip whole models being scheduled from week to week).

-SR-
 
I ordered mine on June 30. Removed the Active Steering option on August 16th, It went into production last Monday 9/20 and it now says the vehicle has already shipped to my dealer and could be ready for pick up on 10/5. The build had both the 5th wheel prep package as well as the spray in liner. Who knows what's going on over there, but I'm happy to finally get the truck!
 
I updated my order yesterday removed the black package and the 5th wheel prep since I was removing the black package I decided Iconic silver looked better and updated my color as well. Again with the Axel hold up it probably does not make any difference but figured may as well remove it and see what happens
 
I would refer to the scheduling that happened two weeks ago (09/16). The day before, ice-capades posted a New York Regional note that stated that no SDs would be scheduled that week. Then, the next day, to everyone's surprise, a LARGE NUMBER of folks around here (and on the SD tracker sheet) got scheduled. So, there certainly does seem to be a regional component to this puzzle. Now, how much does that apply to noted commodity shortaged? I would think that region wouldn't apply at all, but then again, maybe restricting scheduling region by region is one way that Ford level-loads their production to what parts they have available (similar to how they skip whole models being scheduled from week to week).

-SR-
Absolutely. That was another odd piece to the puzzle. I also was thinking about Big Ed’s post about how the plant was going to be doing trucks only starting this week as well. Certainly wouldn’t be ramping up production if there was a shortage. Lots of people’s priority codes got bumped to 2’s with no explanation.. I am wondering if those are coming up on deck in these next couple weeks.

Restricting regional allotments by options/parts also could make sense. The way they are scheduled are not by any specific way, and certainly not by date as we’ve seen so far. I’m really thinking it’s a multi-tiered allotment with regional and dealer numbers, and options also in the equation. It’s likely a very complex and constantly changing program as orders are added, changed, or cancelled by the minute.

tomorrow/Friday we will see 😎
 
Absolutely. That was another odd piece to the puzzle. I also was thinking about Big Ed’s post about how the plant was going to be doing trucks only starting this week as well. Certainly wouldn’t be ramping up production if there was a shortage. Lots of people’s priority codes got bumped to 2’s with no explanation.. I am wondering if those are coming up on deck in these next couple weeks.

Restricting regional allotments by options/parts also could make sense. The way they are scheduled are not by any specific way, and certainly not by date as we’ve seen so far. I’m really thinking it’s a multi-tiered allotment with regional and dealer numbers, and options also in the equation. It’s likely a very complex and constantly changing program as orders are added, changed, or cancelled by the minute.

tomorrow/Friday we will see 😎
I agree. There is a ton that goes into scheduling we don't know about.

I also think that they are not necessarily out of those specific components, they just know they can spray 2000 bedliners a week, or are expecting 4000 Dana axles a certain week, and that week already has maxed out the schedule on those components for that week, which MAY only be for one regional area. (Those numbers above randomly made up)
 
I agree. There is a ton that goes into scheduling we don't know about.

I also think that they are not necessarily out of those specific components, they just know they can spray 2000 bedliners a week, or are expecting 4000 Dana axles a certain week, and that week already has maxed out the schedule on those components for that week, which MAY only be for one regional area. (Those numbers above randomly made up)
Phoenix -

Do you have any idea approximately what percentage of builds are covered by your spreadsheet? Thanks again for putting this resource together.
 
Say WHAT? That's pretty crazy! I have it as part of the Black Package. I am shocked that it would not adhere to the bed, unless they didn't prep it correctly.
There is a video on Youtube of them removing the factory spray-in on a 2021 f150. Took them 20 minutes with a simple paint scraper and channel locks. Bummer, but I wanted a Bulletproof brand spray in anyway. Since I cant ditch the spray in option (Black package), I have a great job for the ranch hand who forgot to tighten the lug nuts when he changed a tire on the feed truck. Maybe I will make him use a kitchen spatula just for fun.
 
There is a video on Youtube of them removing the factory spray-in on a 2021 f150. Took them 20 minutes with a simple paint scraper and channel locks. Bummer, but I wanted a Bulletproof brand spray in anyway. Since I cant ditch the spray in option (Black package), I have a great job for the ranch hand who forgot to tighten the lug nuts when he changed a tire on the feed truck. Maybe I will make him use a kitchen spatula just for fun.
OMG on the lug nuts.
 
@Doobie were you also tracking your truck via the Jack Cooper tracking site? I've been tracking mine since it was shipped on 8/28 and the system still says "null" under destination name and "pending" under status! I also received an email last night saying its now scheduled for delivery between 9/26-10/2 whereas 24 hrs ago it was estimated to be delivered 9/24-9/30. this is getting so annoying!
Just got a call my truck will be ready TODAY. Ordered 8/14. Built 9/22. Shipped 9/24.
 
Phoenix -

Do you have any idea approximately what percentage of builds are covered by your spreadsheet? Thanks again for putting this resource together.
Less than 1%, but some weeks I think we approach .5%

My rough numbers: I think max production is around 1000- 1300 trucks a day. They have not been running at max production, so let's say they are building 5,000 trucks a week.

The week where we had the maximum number of trucks being built was around 50 trucks.

So 50 of 5000 would be 1%, and that is best case scenario. So the ballpark weekly percentage is probably about one-half of one percent.

That may seem like a small number, but I think it's a pretty good cross section of what is going on.

Plus that does not include any Stock or Fleet orders, so we could exceed 1% of Retail orders on a good week.
 
Mine was built last week and has the 5th wheel. Maybe I got the last one? lol. Sorry/Not Sorry????? Lmao
I wish they would be clear with the dealers and then the customers as to the honest updates as to what is holding up builds. At least that would allow us to make objective decisions about what to delete or add
 
Back
Top Bottom