FYI 2022 Updated Production Schedule

What if the dealer messed up the order? I asked for power deployable running boards, but the dealer forgot to add them. He said he would have his GM make the change. Am I out of luck too?!😳
It's like moving a mountain to get anything changed. They sent us a memo out that they will not be able to do any changes on retail orders.
 
It's like moving a mountain to get anything changed. They sent us a memo out that they will not be able to do any changes on retail orders.
In that case, can I expect the dealership to make it right once my truck arrives? This is the first time I've bought a truck through them, but we use them for service a lot and they seem very reputable...
 
I was curious about this. I’m getting the retractable cover. My production date was 9/21 and released 9/22. It’s showing awaiting shipment. Does that mean everything is complete? If it does, the retractable cover did not take long at all.
Yes, if it's released its all good. Did you get bedliner also? Odd how some are fast and others take a lot longer.
 
It's like moving a mountain to get anything changed. They sent us a memo out that they will not be able to do any changes on retail orders.

If we ordered a tonneau cover and decide to drop it due to it possibly delaying an order do you get put back to the front of the cue by dropping that item?
 
If we ordered a tonneau cover and decide to drop it due to it possibly delaying an order do you get put back to the front of the cue by dropping that item?
If it doesn't have a vin yet you can drop it. It really doesn't effect your spot in line, it just eliminates one possible constraint from being scheduled.
 
In that case, can I expect the dealership to make it right once my truck arrives? This is the first time I've bought a truck through them, but we use them for service a lot and they seem very reputable...
Sounds like you already have a VIN, so nothing can be updated. But BDS is the factory supplier on those running boards, so it can be added once the truck arrives. Ultimately it's up to your dealer to work with you on that, but it sounds like they're good people. I'd visit with a manager now about your concerns so you can get that ironed out now.
 
If it doesn't have a vin yet you can drop it. It really doesn't effect your spot in line, it just eliminates one possible constraint from being scheduled.

Thanks Zach, Sean at Granger took my order when I emailed so I will ask him to drop the tonneau cover. Too easy to add once I have the truck.
 
Warning…I feel the need to vent. Ford really needs to get their heads out of their ass. When you have people that have confirmed orders that date back to April and you can’t communicate with them about their order but schedule a build for someone that placed an order a week to two weeks ago with a damn near identical build, total bullshit. I personally feel that the dealership size shouldn’t matter. My 70+ grand isn’t as good as the guy that just placed his order? Rant over.
 
Warning…I feel the need to vent. Ford really needs to get their heads out of their ass. When you have people that have confirmed orders that date back to April and you can’t communicate with them about their order but schedule a build for someone that placed an order a week to two weeks ago with a damn near identical build, total bullshit. I personally feel that the dealership size shouldn’t matter. My 70+ grand isn’t as good as the guy that just placed his order? Rant over.

In theory this is what the COVP program is supposed to fix, but I agree with you. I am not sure how the allocation system works but anyone who orders a vehicle (which is the model Ford is now promoting) should have their vehicles built in the order they were received once the parts are on hand to do so. Period.
 
Tonneau Covers are a big holdup. If you look at who has them on the spreadsheet, you'll find several trucks not yet shipped. Seems to typically take 7-10 days to install.
I thought if it was scheduled there wouldnt be anymore hold ups? Damn thing only takes less than 10 mins to install...
 
So now the unpicked, forgotten clients wait another week to only hope that the Ford gods announce your name to rise, yes rise to the line up of the great build.
 
Is it possible to see the complete order details online prior to getting the VIN? I have my order confirmation email and a copy of the order sheet I filled out with the dealer. I'm sure they submitted it correctly but wouldn't mind a way to double check their work, especially if changes are not being allowed past a certain point. My confirmation email and link provide the same basic info, copied below.

A SUMMARY OF YOUR ORDER IS OUTLINED BELOW.*​

​
2022 Super Duty F-350 Lariat Crew Cab 4X4:
  • Pickup
  • SRW
  • 7.3L 2-Valve V8 Gas Engine
  • TorqShift® 10-speed Automatic Transmission
  • Atlas Blue
  • Black Onyx Front Leather Seating Surfaces 40/Console/40 Seats
  • 20” High-Gloss Black Premium Painted Aluminum Wheels
  • Black Appearance Package
*Does not show all optional and included packages/features.​
 
Is it possible to see the complete order details online prior to getting the VIN? I have my order confirmation email and a copy of the order sheet I filled out with the dealer. I'm sure they submitted it correctly but wouldn't mind a way to double check their work, especially if changes are not being allowed past a certain point. My confirmation email and link provide the same basic info, copied below.
​

​
​

A SUMMARY OF YOUR ORDER IS OUTLINED BELOW.*​



​

​
2022 Super Duty F-350 Lariat Crew Cab 4X4:​
  • Pickup
  • SRW
  • 7.3L 2-Valve V8 Gas Engine
  • TorqShift® 10-speed Automatic Transmission
  • Atlas Blue
  • Black Onyx Front Leather Seating Surfaces 40/Console/40 Seats
  • 20” High-Gloss Black Premium Painted Aluminum Wheels
  • Black Appearance Package

*Does not show all optional and included packages/features.​

I am not 100% but I think the order sheets at the dealers is exactly what they enter. Could be very wrong though.
 
In theory this is what the COVP program is supposed to fix, but I agree with you. I am not sure how the allocation system works but anyone who orders a vehicle (which is the model Ford is now promoting) should have their vehicles built in the order they were received once the parts are on hand to do so. Period.

Sounds like the allocation process is nothing short of a voodoo priestess rolling chicken bones in the back alley
 
Sounds like you already have a VIN, so nothing can be updated. But BDS is the factory supplier on those running boards, so it can be added once the truck arrives. Ultimately it's up to your dealer to work with you on that, but it sounds like they're good people. I'd visit with a manager now about your concerns so you can get that ironed out now.
I have already addressed it with them. I sent them the build that I did on Ford.com which showed the power deployable running boards. They agreed that it should have been on there. This was about a day after I got my VIN. The salesperson said the GM called and had it switched, but I guess we'll see! Thanks, Zach!
 
It's disappointing to watch all these fine fellas/gals waiting week after week. Hopes go up each week only to be letdown on thirsty Thursday. I know many of you are suffering in silence...I am probably a wee bit louder about it.

What aggravates me is when I call the dealer and they tell me they checked with the regional rep and there are no holds on my truck. Listen, I know there are holds - how can I know that but the dealer can't? (I assume they don't read their email, don't care, or don't understand).

I am not dropping the options, because I want what I want. It is what it is.
 
It's disappointing to watch all these fine fellas/gals waiting week after week. Hopes go up each week only to be letdown on thirsty Thursday. I know many of you are suffering in silence...I am probably a wee bit louder about it.

What aggravates me is when I call the dealer and they tell me they checked with the regional rep and there are no holds on my truck. Listen, I know there are holds - how can I know that but the dealer can't? (I assume they don't read their email, don't care, or don't understand).

I am not dropping the options, because I want what I want. It is what it is.
I really thought you would be scheduled, sorry
 
Is it possible to see the complete order details online prior to getting the VIN? I have my order confirmation email and a copy of the order sheet I filled out with the dealer. I'm sure they submitted it correctly but wouldn't mind a way to double check their work, especially if changes are not being allowed past a certain point. My confirmation email and link provide the same basic info, copied below.
​

​
​

A SUMMARY OF YOUR ORDER IS OUTLINED BELOW.*​



​

​
2022 Super Duty F-350 Lariat Crew Cab 4X4:​
  • Pickup
  • SRW
  • 7.3L 2-Valve V8 Gas Engine
  • TorqShift® 10-speed Automatic Transmission
  • Atlas Blue
  • Black Onyx Front Leather Seating Surfaces 40/Console/40 Seats
  • 20” High-Gloss Black Premium Painted Aluminum Wheels
  • Black Appearance Package

*Does not show all optional and included packages/features.​

That order summary from Ford isn't always 100% accurate. I'd ask for a WBDO order summary and that is how the order is input into Ford's system. That should be the final check for you.
 
It's disappointing to watch all these fine fellas/gals waiting week after week. Hopes go up each week only to be letdown on thirsty Thursday. I know many of you are suffering in silence...I am probably a wee bit louder about it.

What aggravates me is when I call the dealer and they tell me they checked with the regional rep and there are no holds on my truck. Listen, I know there are holds - how can I know that but the dealer can't? (I assume they don't read their email, don't care, or don't understand).

I am not dropping the options, because I want what I want. It is what it is.
Spending that much money you should be able to get what you want. I respect your decision.
 
Getting closer!

Is it possible to see the complete order details online prior to getting the VIN? I have my order confirmation email and a copy of the order sheet I filled out with the dealer. I'm sure they submitted it correctly but wouldn't mind a way to double check their work, especially if changes are not being allowed past a certain point. My confirmation email and link provide the same basic info, copied below.
​

​
​

A SUMMARY OF YOUR ORDER IS OUTLINED BELOW.*​



​

​
2022 Super Duty F-350 Lariat Crew Cab 4X4:​
  • Pickup
  • SRW
  • 7.3L 2-Valve V8 Gas Engine
  • TorqShift® 10-speed Automatic Transmission
  • Atlas Blue
  • Black Onyx Front Leather Seating Surfaces 40/Console/40 Seats
  • 20” High-Gloss Black Premium Painted Aluminum Wheels
  • Black Appearance Package

*Does not show all optional and included packages/features.​

I was in the same boat, aggravated by lack of communication from Ford and the dealer, both. I eventually got in touch with the sales manager and, step by step, confirmed all the options I wanted had been ordered. Other than that, I don't know of another way to confirm. I agree, that initial email is vague and it's been nothing but crickets for me since July 8th.
 
Back
Top Bottom