FYI 2022 Updated Production Schedule

Spoke to my dealership this morning, I ordered on 5/15, they said mine is the oldest order they have and the spoke to the scheduler and the priority code was moved to 01, hopefully will see an email soon.

I’m thankful for everyone on here sharing their experiences to help me navigate this with dealership.
I ordered mine 5/31 alittle after you (6.7 Tremor w/black appearance package) never got an email just a week or two ago got a vin number from my dealer. Been checking order tracking website and saw my truck is in production status with "sent to factory on 9/15" according to tracking spreadsheet. My priority code was 16 and they told me nobody but the factory can change the priority code.


The dealer has my email, ford marketing has my email how are you gents getting updates by email directly from ford?
 
Keep your head up man! I think its highly unlikely they will do a model change for my23 since they cant even get parts for a 22 let alone a whole other set of new parts. Heres to hopin you get on the schedule this week!!!
Thanks, Ryan. I have the same thoughts around '23s. I think we may experience something similar to when GM was in Chapter 11 and had unchanged models for a few years.
 
The only instance I can think of off hand when Ford made an early release was when they introduce the MY2011 Super Duties in early/mid 2010, but with the current climate with all of the parts shortages, and seeing as how GM just pushed their HD trucks to MY24 as of a few days ago I see a Ford repeat as being highly unlikely.


Heck, if anything I would have to assume that any new truck/platform change would require MORE computer chips due to the ever increasing technology included in new vehicles. Some of the 2021 F150 models have a full digital dash and that folding console gear shift lever which you know came with an increase in computer chips, not that they will go away from a column shift in the Super Duty trucks. At least I hope not lol.
 
Last edited:
Unfortunately the 53W option is the 5th wheel hitch prep package..

5th-Wheel/Gooseneck Hitch Prep Package • 5th-Wheel/Gooseneck Hitch Prep Package (53W) provides the necessary under-the-box hardware that allows the installation of select 5th-Wheel or Gooseneck Hitch Kits in the box • The Prep Package provides a flat cargo box floor when any of the 5th-Wheel or Gooseneck Hitch Kits are not in use. This is not always the case with aftermarket installations.

With all of this being said, everyone needs to realize that the Ford release that Mojave_Idiot posted is just the scheduling for that one week... Guys, the 23MY truck will not even begin building until next summer and Ford is NOT going to stop producing/selling one of its top profit margin vehicles for the next 10 months. Even if the note is not just for the NYC region and those option are on hold everywhere it is only a temporary production hold due to lack of specific parts, or reallocation of specific resources.

Take spray in bed liners for instance, that is a sprayed on coating, not even an actual part which might have production issues. They could have simply switched over to spraying F150 beds for the week or something to catch up on a backlog.
My "yeah - but" statement:

Sure we do no have all the answers - and we don't see far behind the curtain of Ford's inner decision making process.

Adaptive Steering may end up being a canceled option if the lack of parts continue. Sure, this is for the week, but the weeks seem to string in to months as time passes. Pretty soon we find ourselves at the end of a model year with a - wow - never got the parts. Still, not Ford fault, just seems to take place.

Hence the fact that a few of us are "crispy" on this continued trend.
 
The only instance I can think of off hand when Ford made an early release was when they introduce the MY2011 Super Duties in early/mid 2010, but with the current climate with all of the parts shortages, and seeing as how GM just pushed their HD trucks to MY24 as of a few days ago I see a Ford repeat as being highly unlikely.
Can you clarify this? GM pushed the release of a new truck back to 2024, but you think Ford will not follow that? Want to be sure understand. I am not aware of GMs plan - so happy to learn more.
 
Can you clarify this? GM pushed the release of a new truck back to 2024, but you think Ford will not follow that? Want to be sure understand. I am not aware of GMs plan - so happy to learn more.

Not sure if they will or not, but there is a lot of monkey see, monkey do in the auto industry. Would not surprise me in the least if Ford pushed as well. Easier to push than it is to disappoint customers by not being able to deliver.

With that being said who knows right? We all need that buddy who is involved in Ford corporate planning..? :LOL:
 
I told myself I wasn’t going to settle and delete options to get built quicker, but I dropped the fifth wheel pack today. I don’t own nor do I plan to own a fifth wheel/gooseneck trailer, it was just one of those “why not” kinda options. It can always be added after the fact if the need arises.
 
I told myself I wasn’t going to settle and delete options to get built quicker, but I dropped the fifth wheel pack today. I don’t own nor do I plan to own a fifth wheel/gooseneck trailer, it was just one of those “why not” kinda options. It can always be added after the fact if the need arises.
I think that makes good sense. If you don’t have, or won’t have a use for it, free yourself up.
 
In looking at the F 250 over the Power Wagon on thing that help sway me more was I just didn't want a dial gear shift I like having a column shift lever. I have driven 1500 Ram with the dial shift and just don't care for it. Update just got gas for the 1st time and my MPG was 10.9 so its about 3 MPG less than my Titan as the motor loosens up I expect it to improve. MY friend gets 13 mph on his 21 Tremor. We are both lucky as we have company cars we drive during the week so our trucks are weekend warriors...LOL
 
I told myself I wasn’t going to settle and delete options to get built quicker, but I dropped the fifth wheel pack today. I don’t own nor do I plan to own a fifth wheel/gooseneck trailer, it was just one of those “why not” kinda options. It can always be added after the fact if the need arises.
It is always an option you can add later.
 
You’re a hot ticket, @Big_Ed. Thanks for adding the updates as you learn/see them.

I’m worried about the supply chain in the United States. I’m waiting on several items (nothing to do with this truck) and each time I inquire, the only thing I hear is, “we don’t have an eta.”

Everytime I drive over the 73 toll road north in Orange County CA - I see 100 + cargo ships sitting off the coast of long beach waiting to get into port to offload product. last week each day they hit an "all time" record of ships waiting to port at 143 + - Port was working 24/7, but can't keep offloading ships due to shortage of trucks and rail cars - port has containers stacked to the moon, hence no place to offload ships containers until the ones in port get moved.

Everything is backed up beyond belief!

And so we wait for our trucks and everything else to arrive!
 
Everytime I drive over the 73 toll road north in Orange County CA - I see 100 + cargo ships sitting off the coast of long beach waiting to get into port to offload product. last week each day they hit an "all time" record of ships waiting to port at 143 + - Port was working 24/7, but can't keep offloading ships due to shortage of trucks and rail cars - port has containers stacked to the moon, hence no place to offload ships containers until the ones in port get moved.

Everything is backed up beyond belief!

And so we wait for our trucks and everything else to arrive!
I wouldn’t be surprised if all those missing chips are sitting on a boat somewhere waiting to come into port. 😝
 
I just spent an hour at the dealership talking to the sales manager about my order (and other peoples orders) and I can say that the weird axle parts not being scheduled is not in the Great Lakes Region scheduling notes. Spray in liner and adaptive steering wasn’t even listed in the notes for this region. He even called the regional manager to see what’s going on, and it seems there’s no answer for why that was on there for the New York region. My dealer also has a location in Florida, and it wasn’t listed in their weekly notes either.

When checking my order he said someone also bumped my order from a 19 to a 2 priority so I’m really hoping I see a vin in the next week or so. I could see his screen that there were several priority 2’s on there which was strange. When we dug into the covp, I was verified but he also pointed out that trucks that weren’t enrolled got scheduled and mine didn’t, so clearly it’s just another way to hopefully get scheduled but doesn’t seem to hold much weight. He’s got 17 trucks waiting for scheduling and 11 are getting picked up tomorrow.

I guess the main take away is be patient and I’m sure something will happen. The priority numbers, scheduling notes, COVP, commodities, regions all play into this random number generator. Lol
 
No case. I called my dealer when I realized I had a bunch of manuals with no home and they confirmed (as did others on this forum). I think I have an old one laying around somewhere I will employ. I realize they are electronic and available via FordPass but sometimes the tangible copy is nice.
Thanks
 
I just got a VIN and a build date of 10/18. I had to drop adaptive steering.
Carbonized Gray Platinum 6.7
Forgot how long ago i order - April 3rd. YIKES - long time coming
 
Last edited:
I just got a VIN and a build date of 10/18. I had to drop adaptive steering.
Carbonized Gray Platinum 6.7
Can I check the build status on a website with the VIN?
Black package?
 
Back
Top Bottom