FYI 2022 Updated Production Schedule

What TF is this? If any of this is real I’ll never own a ‘22.

@Mojave_Idiot what are you thinking? Bailing completely?

Unless supply chain improves, this is likely going to pour into MY23.
Probably. I e-mailed my guy at the dealership to find out if there’s anything that corroborates this. What else can you do?

This came off of Blue Oval Forums, scheduling notes.
 
Probably. I e-mailed my guy at the dealership to find out if there’s anything that corroborates this. What else can you do?

This came off of Blue Oval Forums, scheduling notes.
It is beyond disappointing. I spoke with the dealer yesterday regarding a few items and they said, “no holds on your truck.” Riiiiiiiiiight. I know that’s simply not the case. I had built up my hopes quite a bit for this week based on some platinums with AS being scheduled last week.

I’m not dropping anything from the package to get a truck that is not exactly what I want. Based on this post I have many of the “unavailable options” and of course the infamous AS.

I didn’t really want to get the truck delivered in the winter, and that may not be an issue - haha! I’m not going with a MY23 because I don’t like the idea of a first year model. So I’m gridlocked due to my own desires and Ford’s lack of supplies.

I guess I’ll likely fade into the darkness. I’m not going to do anything other than mentally prepare myself for not having a truck right now. I assume I’ll get a call from the dealer in the next few weeks letting me know the truck is NLA and offering me my refund of deposit.
 
Last edited:
Curious for those of you that have received your trucks. Did you receive a case to put your owner manual(s) in or did they stop providing those this year?
No case. I called my dealer when I realized I had a bunch of manuals with no home and they confirmed (as did others on this forum). I think I have an old one laying around somewhere I will employ. I realize they are electronic and available via FordPass but sometimes the tangible copy is nice.
 
I don't know what to believe honestly. I asked my sister if she was aware of any GFX holdups such as bed liners, 5th wheel prep, etc., and she isn't aware of any. Note that it mentions 5th wheel, not 5th wheel prep. Those are two different things. So it could be that they have issues getting certain tool boxes and 5th wheel hitches. Since my sister works on the line, she obviously wouldn't know about specific products being at another company being in or out of stock. But if they run out of bed liner spray, and cannot get any in for a week or two, that gossip could make it's way back to the factory easily since it is one of the top selling options. But there is a chance that it wouldn't get back to factory employees as well.

I will say that there are a lot more rumors spreading outside the plant on forums like this one as to what parts are available or not available, than there are rumors circulating at the factory. I do find that a little odd though as one would think that if the Dana axle bin and warehouse were empty, and they couldn't build any 6.7L F350s, F450, or even zero Tremor package trucks, that would circulate through the factory at some point. As it stands, the only commodity shortage rumors being spread there are about chip shortages and Navigators being built without synch radios. They are not even aware of any AS shortages or limitations. We see it with folks like #Vermonster and others with AS on their build constantly being passed over, and others who drop AS being picked up. But zero knowledge with the plant folks on these limitations.
So I don't have any advice for anybody as to what is truth or Rumors, and first hand factory employee information doesn't seem 100% accurate either.

We all have to do what we feel is right based on the information available to us. I'll continue to forward information from my relatives, but I cannot guarantee that it is the real story as Ford seems to have perfected the ability to keep it's employees and customers alike, completely in the dark as to what it can and cannot build.
 
I don't know what to believe honestly. I asked my sister if she was aware of any GFX holdups such as bed liners, 5th wheel prep, etc., and she isn't aware of any. Note that it mentions 5th wheel, not 5th wheel prep. Those are two different things. So it could be that they have issues getting certain tool boxes and 5th wheel hitches. Since my sister works on the line, she obviously wouldn't know about specific products being at another company being in or out of stock. But if they run out of bed liner spray, and cannot get any in for a week or two, that gossip could make it's way back to the factory easily since it is one of the top selling options. But there is a chance that it wouldn't get back to factory employees as well.

I will say that there are a lot more rumors spreading outside the plant on forums like this one as to what parts are available or not available, than there are rumors circulating at the factory. I do find that a little odd though as one would think that if the Dana axle bin and warehouse were empty, and they couldn't build any 6.7L F350s, F450, or even zero Tremor package trucks, that would circulate through the factory at some point. As it stands, the only commodity shortage rumors being spread there are about chip shortages and Navigators being built without synch radios. They are not even aware of any AS shortages or limitations. We see it with folks like #Vermonster and others with AS on their build constantly being passed over, and others who drop AS being picked up. But zero knowledge with the plant folks on these limitations.
So I don't have any advice for anybody as to what is truth or Rumors, and first hand factory employee information doesn't seem 100% accurate either.

We all have to do what we feel is right based on the information available to us. I'll continue to forward information from my relatives, but I cannot guarantee that it is the real story as Ford seems to have perfected the ability to keep it's employees and customers alike, completely in the dark as to what it can and cannot build.
You’re a hot ticket, @Big_Ed. Thanks for adding the updates as you learn/see them.

I’m worried about the supply chain in the United States. I’m waiting on several items (nothing to do with this truck) and each time I inquire, the only thing I hear is, “we don’t have an eta.”
 
I’m just going to assume they are saving the axles for the tremor packages as the note says they have tremor parts.

might drop the spray in bed liner today though, just in case. Lol
 
Was talking to the dealer yesterday and they mentioned that Ford is beginning to send the unfinished MY '21 Super Duty's back through the production line to be fit-out with chips and finished. The salesman knew someone who lived next to the Kentucky Speedway who said that the unfinished trucks were beginning to clear out. Not sure how much truth there is to this, but that may be a reason why there has been a slow down in the MY '22 production/scheduling. If Ford really does have to send every '21 back down the line to install chips, that would severely delay any new orders
 
To all: Just as an FYI, ice-capades post on the blue oval forum with the above information clearly states: “regionally controlled commodity” and is for the New York region. This Does NOT mean that it applies to ALL regions. …. Just saying.
 
To all: Just as an FYI, ice-capades post on the blue oval forum with the above information clearly states: “regionally controlled commodity” and is for the New York region. This Does NOT mean that it applies to ALL regions. …. Just saying.
Is region specific to just NY? Or does the region blanket other states as well? I'm in Michigan and just tossed my order in for a '22 F250 Tremor... So there are few things on that scheduling bulletin that peak my interest.
 
Was talking to the dealer yesterday and they mentioned that Ford is beginning to send the unfinished MY '21 Super Duty's back through the production line to be fit-out with chips and finished. The salesman knew someone who lived next to the Kentucky Speedway who said that the unfinished trucks were beginning to clear out. Not sure how much truth there is to this, but that may be a reason why there has been a slow down in the MY '22 production/scheduling. If Ford really does have to send every '21 back down the line to install chips, that would severely delay any new orders
Ford doesn't put these trucks back on the line. They have mobile teams that go out and install the parts. The QC work is done remotely. They might bring them back to the factory lot to be shipped by rail or truck to their final destination, but these trucks do not go back on the line
 
Ford doesn't put these trucks back on the line. They have mobile teams that go out and install the parts. The QC work is done remotely. They might bring them back to the factory lot to be shipped by rail or truck to their final destination, but these trucks do not go back on the line
Good to know, maybe he meant back to the factory for shipment. Either way, it sounds like there has been a lot of movement on these unfinished trucks in the past few weeks. Thanks @Big_Ed!
 
Is region specific to just NY? Or does the region blanket other states as well? I'm in Michigan and just tossed my order in for a '22 F250 Tremor... So there are few things on that scheduling bulletin that peak my interest.
I believe this is the US sales region map.
 

Attachments

  • Ford Zones.webp
    Ford Zones.webp
    49.4 KB · Views: 105
It is beyond disappointing. I spoke with the dealer yesterday regarding a few items and they said, “no holds on your truck.” Riiiiiiiiiight. I know that’s simply not the case. I had built up my hopes quite a bit for this week based on some platinums with AS being scheduled last week.

I’m not dropping anything from the package to get a truck that is not exactly what I want. Based on this post I have many of the “unavailable options” and of course the infamous AS.

I didn’t really want to get the truck delivered in the winter, and that may not be an issue - haha! I’m not going with a MY23 because I don’t like the idea of a first year model. So I’m gridlocked due to my own desires and Ford’s lack of supplies.

I guess I’ll likely fade into the darkness. I’m not going to do anything other than mentally prepare myself for not having a truck right now. I assume I’ll get a call from the dealer in the next few weeks letting me know the truck is NLA and offering me my refund of deposit.
Keep your head up man! I think its highly unlikely they will do a model change for my23 since they cant even get parts for a 22 let alone a whole other set of new parts. Heres to hopin you get on the schedule this week!!!
 
I believe this is the US sales region map.
Word, thanks for this... I'm inquiring with the sales manager and my sales guy on some of this information for the Michigan region.
 
I don't know what to believe honestly. I asked my sister if she was aware of any GFX holdups such as bed liners, 5th wheel prep, etc., and she isn't aware of any. Note that it mentions 5th wheel, not 5th wheel prep. Those are two different things. So it could be that they have issues getting certain tool boxes and 5th wheel hitches.

Unfortunately the 53W option is the 5th wheel hitch prep package..

5th-Wheel/Gooseneck Hitch Prep Package • 5th-Wheel/Gooseneck Hitch Prep Package (53W) provides the necessary under-the-box hardware that allows the installation of select 5th-Wheel or Gooseneck Hitch Kits in the box • The Prep Package provides a flat cargo box floor when any of the 5th-Wheel or Gooseneck Hitch Kits are not in use. This is not always the case with aftermarket installations.

With all of this being said, everyone needs to realize that the Ford release that Mojave_Idiot posted is just the scheduling for that one week... Guys, the 23MY truck will not even begin building until next summer and Ford is NOT going to stop producing/selling one of its top profit margin vehicles for the next 10 months. Even if the note is not just for the NYC region and those option are on hold everywhere it is only a temporary production hold due to lack of specific parts, or reallocation of specific resources.

Take spray in bed liners for instance, that is a sprayed on coating, not even an actual part which might have production issues. They could have simply switched over to spraying F150 beds for the week or something to catch up on a backlog.
 
Last edited:
Spoke to my dealership this morning, I ordered on 5/15, they said mine is the oldest order they have and the spoke to the scheduler and the priority code was moved to 01, hopefully will see an email soon.

I’m thankful for everyone on here sharing their experiences to help me navigate this with dealership.
 
Spoke to my dealership this morning, I ordered on 5/15, they said mine is the oldest order they have and the spoke to the scheduler and the priority code was moved to 01, hopefully will see an email soon.

I’m thankful for everyone on here sharing their experiences to help me navigate this with dealership.
I hope you get an email soon!
 
Back
Top Bottom