FYI 2022 Updated Production Schedule

I just got a VIN and a build date of 10/18. I had to drop adaptive steering.
Carbonized Gray Platinum 6.7
Forgot how long ago i order - April 3rd. YIKES - long time coming
Thursday is here a day early? Congratulations!
 
Thursday is here a day early? Congratulations!
Fantastic news! Now we can anxiously check our emails for a day and a half instead of the standard 24 hours. Seeing as I’m in NY and have both the 5th wheel prep and the spray in liner, I’ve literally got no hope. What a disappointing journey this has been.
 
Fantastic news! Now we can anxiously check our emails for a day and a half instead of the standard 24 hours. Seeing as I’m in NY and have both the 5th wheel prep and the spray in liner, I’ve literally got no hope. What a disappointing journey this has been.
Clay - I hear that 100%!! We are in some special kind of purgatory.
 
Fantastic news! Now we can anxiously check our emails for a day and a half instead of the standard 24 hours. Seeing as I’m in NY and have both the 5th wheel prep and the spray in liner, I’ve literally got no hope. What a disappointing journey this has been.
I have those options as well. I’m ready to take my toys and go home. Tell Ford to take a hike. The problem is my garage is too full of accessories to quit 😎
 
I told myself I wasn’t going to settle and delete options to get built quicker, but I dropped the fifth wheel pack today. I don’t own nor do I plan to own a fifth wheel/gooseneck trailer, it was just one of those “why not” kinda options. It can always be added after the fact if the need arises.
I think I might end up doing this myself. I anticipate keeping the truck for awhile and we are in the market for a 5er, but that's a few years out. I just watched a detailed vid of a ford 5er prep install and it didn't seem too difficult, outside of getting the bed off the frame.
 
I think I might end up doing this myself. I anticipate keeping the truck for awhile and we are in the market for a 5er, but that's a few years out. I just watched a detailed vid of a ford 5er prep install and it didn't seem too difficult, outside of getting the bed off the frame.

Someone on this forum posted something of a warning, or at least I took it as such, in regards to this very subject. Noting once all was said and done, it was something like $1,600 for them to install the 5th wheel prep.

If I recall, one of the larger cited expenses was related to the additional wiring.

Maybe it's just me -- but if I'm spending this kind of money on a truck I'm going to drive for a long time -- I'm going to buy what I want, even if it means waiting a few more weeks or even a few more months. Particularly given how fast we're starting to see people get build dates. Seems to me, and this is just my opinion, that the parts issue has shifted from an availability of production issue to an availability of logistics issue. (EG there's a metric f-ton of parts sitting in container ships outside of port and warehouses and no trucks to move them)
 
Someone on this forum posted something of a warning, or at least I took it as such, in regards to this very subject. Noting once all was said and done, it was something like $1,600 for them to install the 5th wheel prep.

If I recall, one of the larger cited expenses was related to the additional wiring.

Maybe it's just me -- but if I'm spending this kind of money on a truck I'm going to drive for a long time -- I'm going to buy what I want, even if it means waiting a few more weeks or even a few more months. Particularly given how fast we're starting to see people get build dates. Seems to me, and this is just my opinion, that the parts issue has shifted from an availability of production issue to an availability of logistics issue. (EG there's a metric f-ton of parts sitting in container ships outside of port and warehouses and no trucks to move them)
Right after I typed my reply... I looked up parts and costs... seems as if this kit has what is necessary. Brackets, wiring harness, and the in-bed connector.

 
I was at Anderson Ford to in SC today and saw a black on black 250 6.7 that was getting delivered. First time actually opening the door of a Tremor. Had roof and power boards. Wonder if they are member here?
My Star White has been built and shipped on Sept 4th. Hoping delivery next week.
 
Right after I typed my reply... I looked up parts and costs... seems as if this kit has what is necessary. Brackets, wiring harness, and the in-bed connector.

I 100% recommend the B and W gooseneck hitch kit. Then you can get a drop in 5th wheel. It's really convenient cause you can remove the 5er and still have the entire bed. I have the setup in my current tremor and love it. The gooseneck kit is about 600$ and you can even get a factory ford trailer plug for the bed. Great setup.
 
I have those options as well. I’m ready to take my toys and go home. Tell Ford to take a hike. The problem is my garage is too full of accessories to quit 😎
Just got this email from my dealer in response to my inquiry on the scheduling delay on bed liner, 5th wheel pkg and X3j axle (asked if I should drop bed liner and 5th wheel pkg)

“Ford moved your priority to 02, so I don’t want to mess with your order…
You have 53W on your order…you also have spray in liner…your axle code is X3J bc of the tremor”

So Ford moving order to 02 is good but those items may outweigh the new priority? 🤷🏻‍♂️
 
Just got this email from my dealer in response to my inquiry on the scheduling delay on bed liner, 5th wheel pkg and X3j axle (asked if I should drop bed liner and 5th wheel pkg)

“Ford moved your priority to 02, so I don’t want to mess with your order…
You have 53W on your order…you also have spray in liner…your axle code is X3J bc of the tremor”

So Ford moving order to 02 is good but those items may outweigh the new priority? 🤷🏻‍♂️
I hate to say this - but welcome aboard! I was code 19, then the zone rep bumped me to 01. Ford put me at 02 last week. So here I am. Now, I have AS. So I may still have a delay where you don’t. I also have the black pack (liner) and the 5th wheel.
 
I hate to say this - but welcome aboard! I was code 19, then the zone rep bumped me to 01. Ford put me at 02 last week. So here I am. Now, I have AS. So I may still have a delay where you don’t. I also have the black pack (liner) and the 5th wheel.
You’ve been in purgatory much longer than me. I’m rooting for you and know many others have been in limbo much longer than me. I’m gonna ride it out for a while…I’m gonna concentrate on more pressing matters to pass the time…like what Black Friday truck accessory deals can I capitalize on 😎
 
Back
Top Bottom