FYI 2022 Updated Production Schedule

Ok BroncoHooves, I'm sure that you know the answer, and likely have already posted at some point earlier (which I tried to dig into the past and find, to no avail)...

My date at the bottom of my window sticker has been 9/1 since it was built, but this afternoon it now says 9/11. It's been sitting at the rail yard since Tuesday night. Sales guy thinks something may happen Monday with getting it brought to the dealership. Why would it change to today's date, unless it's been 1) finally off-loaded from the train or 2) off-loaded and loaded onto truck, OR 3) all of the above and delivered this evening to the dealership. Any ideas?

Disclaimer: Today (before the Bama game) I drove out to the rail yard, but didn't see anything of note, also drove by the dealer, wasn't anything new there yet either.
My date has changed at the bottom every week since it went into production (and during shipping). The last three stickers are identical. I am guessing they generate one each week around production scheduling. I don't know if that is what actually happens, but it sure seems like it.
 
I have never owned a Diesel truck. Is there a break in time for engines?
I think the manual says something like drive it for 1000 miles before pulling a trailer, don't go too fast, don't use cruise control, and drive such that the transmission shifts a fair bit. You should be able to log in to Ford or your app and take a look at the manual. I plan to change the oil at 1000 miles and then start pulling my trailer.
 
I think the manual says something like drive it for 1000 miles before pulling a trailer, don't go too fast, don't use cruise control, and drive such that the transmission shifts a fair bit. You should be able to log in to Ford or your app and take a look at the manual. I plan to change the oil at 1000 miles and then start pulling my trailer.
Manual also says to keep speed max 70 for 1st 500 miles of towing.
 
Have you had a chance to check out that powder coat yet on the sun?
Oh shit, thanks for the reminder. I actually did. It's pretty damn close but not 100% which is to be expected since powder and metallic paint will never look 100% the same.

PXL_20210908_184612881.webp
 

Attachments

  • PXL_20210908_184636381.webp
    PXL_20210908_184636381.webp
    195.9 KB · Views: 68
  • PXL_20210908_184653827.webp
    PXL_20210908_184653827.webp
    389.4 KB · Views: 67
  • PXL_20210908_184625658.webp
    PXL_20210908_184625658.webp
    271.3 KB · Views: 67
Ok BroncoHooves, I'm sure that you know the answer, and likely have already posted at some point earlier (which I tried to dig into the past and find, to no avail)...

My date at the bottom of my window sticker has been 9/1 since it was built, but this afternoon it now says 9/11. It's been sitting at the rail yard since Tuesday night. Sales guy thinks something may happen Monday with getting it brought to the dealership. Why would it change to today's date, unless it's been 1) finally off-loaded from the train or 2) off-loaded and loaded onto truck, OR 3) all of the above and delivered this evening to the dealership. Any ideas?

Disclaimer: Today (before the Bama game) I drove out to the rail yard, but didn't see anything of note, also drove by the dealer, wasn't anything new there yet either.
Sorry about the delay, I didn't see your message since you didn't tag me.

From what I've seen, window sticker dates may change to the date of most recent access by you or anyone else requesting a window sticker for the VIN or token. Doesn't happen every day of the week though.
 
Oh shit, thanks for the reminder. I actually did. It's pretty damn close but not 100% which is to be expected since powder and metallic paint will never look 100% the same.

View attachment 33588
That would be alot closer match if the sample didn't have all the black fleck in it.
 
Last edited:
Sorry about the delay, I didn't see your message since you didn't tag me.

From what I've seen, window sticker dates may change to the date of most recent access by you or anyone else requesting a window sticker for the VIN or token. Doesn't happen every day of the week though.
Ok, that makes sense. I was reading more into it than I should. I did call the CSX 800 number and it now reports the rail car as "unloaded", so that's good I guess. Thanks for the info!
 
Bummer! Got the dreaded email others have received about their production dates moving later. My order date was 8/19, VIN received 8/26 with a production date of 9/20. Received an email tonight for production now being 9/27. How true are these estimated dates? I don’t have AS.
 
looks like you have a fantastic life there.
Absolutely. That last photo was Ireland. Right when we arrived and drove to the Cliffs. We had to stop and see some horses on the way. Haha!
 
Emailed dealer last week asking them to make a minor ad to my build. They emailed me Friday morning and said it was too late to add, then emailed me later Friday and said they called, got it added, but no more adds as my truck is about to "kick to the Factory". Hope that turns out to be true and it is gets a build date soon!
Just curious, when did you actually place your order? i’m trying to get a recent estimate from order to nexts steps as I ordered 8/18.
 
Absolutely. That last photo was Ireland. Right when we arrived and drove to the Cliffs. We had to stop and see some horses on the way. Haha!
Ah, I thought that might be case. The rock walls are very distinctive!
 
Just curious, when did you actually place your order? i’m trying to get a recent estimate from order to nexts steps as I ordered 8/18.
That Order was "confirmed" by Ford to me via email on 7/11/21 - dealer put it in on 7/10/21. But that does not seem to make much difference on when you order gets picked up. There are folks on here with orders dating back to April and other who ordered after you and their trucks are built and close to delivery. So seems like how long the que at your dealer ahead of you is, how big they are (allocation wise) and what options you choose all play into how long until your order goes to build then shipping.

Good luck getting quick turn around!
 
I placed my order 7/10 it was built 8/30 and then shipped. It arrived 9/11 in Phoenix so I figure a min 3 to 5 days to unload sort then load on the truck and travel time to my dealer . I did have spray in bedliner so no hold up there. I didn't have the AS never wanted it.... Just got pictures for the auto facility but don't know how to flip..lo

l
 

Attachments

  • IMG_7408-1.webp
    IMG_7408-1.webp
    109.5 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_7411 (13)-1.webp
    IMG_7411 (13)-1.webp
    242.7 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:
I can't seem to find a good average for the delivery time. My truck is scheduled for production in a week, and my dealer said it would be 3-4 weeks after that to take delivery. Seem reasonable to folks?

I get that it's region dependent, I'm in the Northeast.
 
Back
Top Bottom