FYI 2022 Updated Production Schedule

C' mon Vermonster - Join the Cancel Culture!
Then we can have the same build other than Carpet. So much for 02 Priority and No News being Good News!
Maybe they just lost the sticky note with our contact information?
Happy Scheduling Day!
I just can’t DO it! I need to stand strong. November is not that far away - but it really blows my deer camp “new truck” bragging plans. I guess I’ll have to just get the biggest racker. 🦌
 
Not from Ford!
Like Crickets around here for New Production Notices.
This Sunday will be the 5 month Anniversary of my order confirmation email from Ford and No AS!
Your trucks is bad ass, though. Just sayin’. The right color and everything! 😎
 
I just can’t DO it! I need to stand strong. November is not that far away - but it really blows my deer camp “new truck” bragging plans. I guess I’ll have to just get the biggest racker. 🦌
That was pretty dang funny!
 
I just can’t DO it! I need to stand strong. November is not that far away - but it really blows my deer camp “new truck” bragging plans. I guess I’ll have to just get the biggest racker. 🦌
Just visualize that little worm gear inside your steering wheel spinning back and forth, back and forth, back and forth, thousands and thousands of times, each time wearing down just a tiny bit more, until finally there is excess play between the wheel and the steering column and the steering becomes all mushy. That's what finally got me to cave.

I have no idea if that will actually ever happen, of course. The pictures I've seen look like the worm gear is made from nylon and those self lubricating nylon materials these days can hold up for a long time if the load and temperature are low enough.

-SR-
 
Just visualize that little worm gear inside your steering wheel spinning back and forth, back and forth, back and forth, thousands and thousands of times, each time wearing down just a tiny bit more, until finally there is excess play between the wheel and the steering column and the steering becomes all mushy. That's what finally got me to cave.

I have no idea if that will actually ever happen, of course. The pictures I've seen look like the worm gear is made from nylon and those self lubricating nylon materials these days can hold up for a long time if the load and temperature are low enough.

-SR-
That’s kinda creepy to consider, I agree. I am going to keep calm and carry on. After all, maybe I’ll end up with the only lariat with AS. 😐
 
No emails today? Lovely! I may as well start looking for more accessories while I wait
Check out my build thread for ways to drain your wallet faster than an ex wife.
 
Check out my build thread for ways to drain your wallet faster than an ex wife.
You mean I can start a build thread now? Is that socially acceptable? 😎😎🤗
 
You mean I can start a build thread now? Is that socially acceptable? 😎😎🤗
I started one and don't even have a truck yet. Some guys may have more money in mods than the truck cost lol.
 
I started one and don't even have a truck yet. Some guys may have more money in mods than the truck cost lol.
True story. I always say I’ll but the base model and build it myself, but I never follow through on that. 🙄

Look for a thread soon! 😎
 
That’s kinda creepy to consider, I agree. I am going to keep calm and carry on. After all, maybe I’ll end up with the only lariat with AS. 😐
The unicorn Lariat that someone will be searching for years from now... Because, of course, they know they can pick it up dirt cheap due to the failed steering wheel. :)
 
The unicorn Lariat that someone will be searching for years from now... Because, of course, they know they can pick it up dirt cheap due to the failed steering wheel. :)
Oh maaan.

You cut me deep, Modman…you cut me deep, just now.
 
Hey all! Thank you all for the humor and encouragement over the last 190 pages of this thread! I was going to order a tremor but the dealer talked me out of it so don’t shame me for not being a tremor I just like you guys better than other threads 😜.. but I did this morning wake up to an email from Ford that I finally got a vin!! I don’t post to brag but to say that my order was a platinum 250 ordered on 4/24 with AS, moon roof, cameras, bed liner and the 5th wheel prep. But last Monday I finally caved and removed AS, bed liner and 5th wheel prep and was able to get scheduled today with only being priority 15. Hopefully this helps someone else trying to make the decision!
 

Attachments

  • 85C4469D-FCBD-4575-872C-5D13F7C64530.webp
    85C4469D-FCBD-4575-872C-5D13F7C64530.webp
    74.3 KB · Views: 55
Hey all! Thank you all for the humor and encouragement over the last 190 pages of this thread! I was going to order a tremor but the dealer talked me out of it so don’t shame me for not being a tremor I just like you guys better than other threads 😜.. but I did this morning wake up to an email from Ford that I finally got a vin!! I don’t post to brag but to say that my order was a platinum 250 ordered on 4/24 with AS, moon roof, cameras, bed liner and the 5th wheel prep. But last Monday I finally caved and removed AS, bed liner and 5th wheel prep and was able to get scheduled today with only being priority 15. Hopefully this helps someone else trying to make the decision!
Congratulations! Sweet set-up, for sure. No shame in being here as a non-tremor. You’ve been waiting a while too.
 
Congratulations! Sweet set-up, for sure. No shame in being here as a non-tremor. You’ve been waiting a while too.
@Vermonster Will be the only truck to recall when ford issues a safety recall on AS steering! lolol
 
Alright I’ve been a lurker and finally had to post a vent because I’m at my wits end with the process and seeing all these late orders with VIN’s and build dates…

Initial order was confirmed on 4-16-21 for an XLT tremor. I had a VIN and build date of 9-20-21. XLT tremors got axed and had to upgrade to the Lariat.

Dealship and salesman have been great (when I stay on them)! They stepped up in a big way and covered half the cost of the upgrade in trim levels.

I called Ford marketing today with the sales code and order number, rep was great but didn’t have any information other than it’s being held up for an unknown reason and still has no VIN assigned.

If it ever gets the VIN assigned…
2022 f250 lariat value pack
Carbonized Grey
6.7 diesel
Tremor
 

Attachments

  • 21D763C4-A8ED-4C1B-84EB-55EF90EC3EFC.webp
    21D763C4-A8ED-4C1B-84EB-55EF90EC3EFC.webp
    62 KB · Views: 75
Back
Top Bottom