FYI 2022 Updated Production Schedule

Just placed an order for a rapid red 6.7 last week.. dealer told me 3-4 months…. Feels like a month already.
If commodity supplies remain stable the dealer is providing an accurate estimate. Placed my order on 04/23 and picked it up 08/17. Congrats! Trust me it’s worth the wait.
 
Just received an email notification that my TREMOR is now in production. Dealer was also tracking it would start this week and so far the dealer and FORD production seem to be aligned for the moment.

Concern, there are numerous recalls out there for drive train issues apparently thus my hope is that FORD has resolved the issues and applied the lessons learned to the 2022 builds.
Screen Shot 2021-08-22 at 9.26.33 PM.webp
 
I'm starting to get irritated.... I ordered my 22 Lariat Tremor and order was confirmed on 3/29. I then received an E-mail from Ford stating that it had been moved to "Production" status and the tracker did show that it was in "Production". Spoke with dealer a week later and the Production week was 8/9. A week after, I check the tracker and it was pushed back to 8/23 and I was called by dealer to sign paperwork and provide copy of license for ford to know that "a real customer" ordered the truck. Saturday, I ask the dealer about updates and the production week is now 10/25...

This is ridiculous!!

I have seen my exact truck on Facebook and the owner had ordered after me!

They better now move production back any more.

Sorry, had to vent.
 
I'm starting to get irritated.... I ordered my 22 Lariat Tremor and order was confirmed on 3/29. I then received an E-mail from Ford stating that it had been moved to "Production" status and the tracker did show that it was in "Production". Spoke with dealer a week later and the Production week was 8/9. A week after, I check the tracker and it was pushed back to 8/23 and I was called by dealer to sign paperwork and provide copy of license for ford to know that "a real customer" ordered the truck. Saturday, I ask the dealer about updates and the production week is now 10/25...

This is ridiculous!!

I have seen my exact truck on Facebook and the owner had ordered after me!

They better now move production back any more.

Sorry, had to vent.
Blame your dealer for not doing the COVP stuff sooner. That is 100% on them.
 
I'm starting to get irritated.... I ordered my 22 Lariat Tremor and order was confirmed on 3/29. I then received an E-mail from Ford stating that it had been moved to "Production" status and the tracker did show that it was in "Production". Spoke with dealer a week later and the Production week was 8/9. A week after, I check the tracker and it was pushed back to 8/23 and I was called by dealer to sign paperwork and provide copy of license for ford to know that "a real customer" ordered the truck. Saturday, I ask the dealer about updates and the production week is now 10/25...

This is ridiculous!!

I have seen my exact truck on Facebook and the owner had ordered after me!

They better now move production back any more.

Sorry, had to vent.

I don't disagree that the poster below is correct that the dealership should have performed the COVP previously. What doesn't add up to me is that if it had a VIN assigned and a production date scheduled, in theory it shouldn't be pushed back by another order. Sometimes these delays happen, but once a production date is scheduled it is a lack of supply of whatever commodity is involved in building the truck that makes a difference.
 
Well I got my truck Aug 1st and already I have to take it back Monday. Shit has engine issues "MISFIRE" 630 miles on it and already with issues. I might just trade it in.
I feel like I’ve read the plug wires can be a problem on the 7.3. It may be as simple as that.
 
Well I got my truck Aug 1st and already I have to take it back Monday. Shit has engine issues "MISFIRE" 630 miles on it and already with issues. I might just trade it in.
Misfire sounds bad but it is typically something easy to diagnose and fix. Wire harness connection to the coil or even a faulty coil pack, bad spark plug, etc. No OEM is immune from bad parts occasionally, and unfortunately some get in the field. Understand it's frustrating but hang in there and you will be golden in no time!
 
I feel like I’ve read the plug wires can be a problem on the 7.3. It may be as simple as that.
JINX... you owe me a coke... or maybe something a bit stronger!
 
Just received an email notification that my TREMOR is now in production. Dealer was also tracking it would start this week and so far the dealer and FORD production seem to be aligned for the moment.

Concern, there are numerous recalls out there for drive train issues apparently thus my hope is that FORD has resolved the issues and applied the lessons learned to the 2022 builds. View attachment 31371
I think there's only one related to F350 6.7 axle, haven't heard of any other drivetrain recalls being discussed here.
I'm starting to get irritated.... I ordered my 22 Lariat Tremor and order was confirmed on 3/29. I then received an E-mail from Ford stating that it had been moved to "Production" status and the tracker did show that it was in "Production". Spoke with dealer a week later and the Production week was 8/9. A week after, I check the tracker and it was pushed back to 8/23 and I was called by dealer to sign paperwork and provide copy of license for ford to know that "a real customer" ordered the truck. Saturday, I ask the dealer about updates and the production week is now 10/25...

This is ridiculous!!

I have seen my exact truck on Facebook and the owner had ordered after me!

They better now move production back any more.

Sorry, had to vent.
Do you still have the old VIN? Track it and see if it shows up as delivered. Sounds like the dealer sold it from under your nose hoping you wouldn't notice.
 
Back
Top Bottom