FYI 2022 Updated Production Schedule

After giving it some thought, I finally had my dealer remove the adaptive steering from my build. Ever since I learned how it actually works, I had a little bit of a concern regarding how it might wear over the long term (thinking about that worm gear actuating back/forth, back/forth with the thousands and thousands of steering wheel inputs one makes while driving makes me wonder how well that interface will hold up to wear without becoming loose or sloppy over time). That, coupled with the "not being scheduled until further notice" was enough to make me drop it.

-SR-
My 2019 F250 FX4 that I just traded in on my Tremor has AS, but I didn’t order it on my Tremor…and let me just say that I’m glad I didn’t. The Tremor handles like a dream, and the steering feels much better in my opinion. I will never have AS in a truck again.
 
My 2019 F250 FX4 that I just traded in on my Tremor has AS, but I didn’t order it on my Tremor…and let me just say that I’m glad I didn’t. The Tremor handles like a dream, and the steering feels much better in my opinion. I will never have AS in a truck again.
This ^. AS can have a mind of its own when it fails and be deadly.
 
This ^. AS can have a mind of its own when it fails and be deadly.
It also tends to have a mind of its own when you drive over a manhole cover or rough railroad tracks and it sends you into the other lane if you’re not white-knuckling it and paying close attention.
 
My 2019 F250 FX4 that I just traded in on my Tremor has AS, but I didn’t order it on my Tremor…and let me just say that I’m glad I didn’t. The Tremor handles like a dream, and the steering feels much better in my opinion. I will never have AS in a truck again.
Congrats on getting your truck!

And thanks good to know I passed on AS when I placed my order on March 22nd my dealer highly suggested it and so glad I did, my truck is due in any day
 
Last edited:
FC8A9607-B46E-447E-8758-500626982A5C.webp

My truck has to have shipped?? Right????
 
I added the heated steering wheel and auto wiper to my Lariat ($165) and the price code changed from 215 to 230. The price went up and additional $250 on top of the $165.
Got it. Maybe it’s just my big sexy options.
 
For what it’s worth, mine was built on 8/4 and didn’t ship until 8/19. So you could very well still be waiting, but I would expect it to ship soon.
What the heck did it sit for? Batch shipment via rail?
 
Any of you 22’ers who have taken delivery already included the winch on your build? Curious if the timing is better than it was in the past. I know many 21’ers waited months for their winches to come in.
Ordered a MY22 with a winch on 04/23. Took delivery of the truck on 08/17. Dealer said they were still waiting for the winch and would call when it came in.
 
What the heck did it sit for? Batch shipment via rail?
I truly have no idea. That’s a reasonable guess, though, and is one of my theories. Other one is backlog at GFX, but can’t quite square that with the other trucks being shipped out in between.
 
Ordered a MY22 with a winch on 04/23. Took delivery of the truck on 08/17. Dealer said they were still waiting for the winch and would call when it came in.
So new model year - same story. Thank you.
 
I truly have no idea. That’s a reasonable guess, though, and is one of my theories. Other one is backlog at GFX, but can’t quite square that with the other trucks being shipped out in between.
0FAFF94F-75CB-4884-97E3-554D7AC457DF.webp
 
They get a certain amount of breaks and free Gatorade depending on the heat. They just hate wearing those damn useless masks when they are full of sweat and soaking wet.
Sorry for the delay though, this week has been trying. Kidney stone, Kidney infection, then surgery for a stent.
Dang Ed get better we need you lol
 
I truly have no idea. That’s a reasonable guess, though, and is one of my theories. Other one is backlog at GFX, but can’t quite square that with the other trucks being shipped out in between.
I see lots of trucks getting shipped out with bed liners after mine. I agree, doesn’t make sense that it is holding mine up. Also, trucks shipped to Oregon and PNW after my build date…seems waiting for a load can’t be the reason either. I do have bad luck though…so there is that.

Anyone know if there is anyone that I may be able to contact about this? Dealership and Ford Customer Service haven not been able to help.
 
Hey guys…. I’m waiting on my truck and found this forum. Been watching it for weeks. I get D plan and had a 1 year old truck with 20k miles on it my dealer gave me 14k more then I paid for it. I sold it and I ordered a new lariat on 7/26…got a VIN and scheduled date last Thursday or 9/13. I had a blue jeans blue 7.3 XLT.

I felt compelled to register just to say thanks for all the info on this forum. Thanks to all who care to help a stranger!

if I can help I will try….
 
Back
Top Bottom