FYI 2022 Updated Production Schedule

My dealer told me they could not change to priority 2 until after the VIN was generated and was scheduled for production. Were they feeding me a load of crap?

I have a build date and all but I learn so much more about this stuff on here and also learn how much the sales people bullshit their way through the entire process.
your dealer cant change anything to priority 2. only ford regional can do that
 
Little brother is waiting for the big boy to get home
20210820_145803.webp
 
Droped A.S. today. Lying ass dealer said I would not loose my place in line. this is the same guy who said Ford would not them combine Black appearance with Tremor. Which I proved wrong today with my visit with them.

They offered dibbs on a truck similar to my build that the finace guy orderded. But it is Black instead of Rapid Red. and it has roof lights. (I hate Those) and no heated steering nothing i can not live with out few other things. But it is Built should be in Utah 1st week of next month. IDK what to do. will wait till it comes in and look at it. and then decide.
 

Attachments

  • 20210820_133331.webp
    20210820_133331.webp
    255 KB · Views: 70
Does anyone know if the Kentucky truck plant is running all shifts yet. From what I’ve heard when it’s running wide open they produce a truck a minute. If that’s so where are all these trucks going.
Big Ed can ask his sis she works the line. I have not seen him on since he got his build date.
 
On a related subject that most here will probably find interesting, what are your thoughts on break in procedures? Do something special or just run it at varying speeds for 50 miles? Change oil at 500 miles? Zinc or no zinc? Do they break them in at the engine plant? What do y'all do?
 
On a related subject that most here will probably find interesting, what are your thoughts on break in procedures? Do something special or just run it at varying speeds for 50 miles? Change oil at 500 miles? Zinc or no zinc? Do they break them in at the engine plant? What do y'all do?
Just drive it (y) No major thought needed on modern engines with the tolerances they're machined to.
 
On a related subject that most here will probably find interesting, what are your thoughts on break in procedures? Do something special or just run it at varying speeds for 50 miles? Change oil at 500 miles? Zinc or no zinc? Do they break them in at the engine plant? What do y'all do?
Lots of opinions on that. Browse some of them in these threads. :ROFLMAO:


 
Just drive it (y) No major thought needed on modern engines with the tolerances they're machined to.
Yeah, I've heard that, but I've also heard modern techs and racing gurus say to still use non detergent oil with the Zinc additive for the first oil change and to run it under moderate load in the first 50 miles to get the pressure to set the rings.
 
My truck is at dealer but has 8 miles on odometer. What miles should be on an ordered truck?
My Dads showed up with 16 on it. My F150 cam with 5. guess it depends if the dealer to it out for lunch and where.
 
Man it must be frustrating for all you guys with April and May orders - seeing other come on here who ordered a few weeks ago and already have a truck in production - seems that the dealer you choose makes a difference on how hour order gets processed! I have two trucks ordered in early July for my son and I from two different dealers - be interesting which one shows up first - one had 9 in front of me, the other wouldn't say - but took X-Plan so I ordered.
 
On a related subject that most here will probably find interesting, what are your thoughts on break in procedures? Do something special or just run it at varying speeds for 50 miles? Change oil at 500 miles? Zinc or no zinc? Do they break them in at the engine plant? What do y'all do?
The engine/piston rings will break in on their own over the first few thousand miles. You as the customer do not need to do anything special except drive it.
 
Yes I am aware of that part, but they said it still can't be done until after VIN is generated.
That’s not true. Here’s why: I don’t have a
VIN and my truck is priority 01.
 
Man it must be frustrating for all you guys with April and May orders - seeing other come on here who ordered a few weeks ago and already have a truck in production - seems that the dealer you choose makes a difference on how hour order gets processed! I have two trucks ordered in early July for my son and I from two different dealers - be interesting which one shows up first - one had 9 in front of me, the other wouldn't say - but took X-Plan so I ordered.
Nah. Doesn’t even bother me.
 
Droped A.S. today. Lying ass dealer said I would not loose my place in line. this is the same guy who said Ford would not them combine Black appearance with Tremor. Which I proved wrong today with my visit with them.

They offered dibbs on a truck similar to my build that the finace guy orderded. But it is Black instead of Rapid Red. and it has roof lights. (I hate Those) and no heated steering nothing i can not live with out few other things. But it is Built should be in Utah 1st week of next month. IDK what to do. will wait till it comes in and look at it. and then decide.
Good news sir that truck does have heated steering. It's part of the rain sensing wipers. I personally think the roof clearance lights look badass. Almost the identical truck I just ordered but in gray
 
Back
Top Bottom