FYI 2022 Updated Production Schedule

You have to be kidding me - I’m going to Hulk out. January/February?

That’s is crazy. F150s with AS are shipping and so are the SD KR trucks. Sure - steering wheels vary in color for the KR, but I’d think the modules are the same. Rob that parts bin, Ford!!

Actually, they are likely already assembled. But come on! I really don’t want my truck delivered in the snow and salt. 😒
Yeah, that confuses me as well. F-150s go with AS, but not SDs? I can only think that maybe there's more F-150s sold so more revenue? But the whole steering wheel color thing doesn't add up in my head either, as I doubt the F-150 platinum steering wheel setup is any different than the SD platinum steering wheel setup, unless the column shifter really messes things up? Anyway, I'm over AS and waiting for a system I've never driven with. I have no issue waiting if there's an end in sight. But AS builds not having any dates for when they will start building, I'm not waiting indefinitely.
 
Yeah, that confuses me as well. F-150s go with AS, but not SDs? I can only think that maybe there's more F-150s sold so more revenue? But the whole steering wheel color thing doesn't add up in my head either, as I doubt the F-150 platinum steering wheel setup is any different than the SD platinum steering wheel setup, unless the column shifter really messes things up? Anyway, I'm over AS and waiting for a system I've never driven with. I have no issue waiting if there's an end in sight. But AS builds not having any dates for when they will start building, I'm not waiting indefinitely.
I’m almost there on cutting it - but I am so stubborn. I’ll keep waiting.
 
You have to be kidding me - I’m going to Hulk out. January/February?

That’s is crazy. F150s with AS are shipping and so are the SD KR trucks. Sure - steering wheels vary in color for the KR, but I’d think the modules are the same. Rob that parts bin, Ford!!

Actually, they are likely already assembled. But come on! I really don’t want my truck delivered in the snow and salt. 😒
Yeah that’s the way I feel. Here’s my build.
1629399837919.webp
 
I’m almost there on cutting it - but I am so stubborn. I’ll keep waiting.
I feel you. If I had ever driven with it, and knew what it exactly was, AND I liked it, then I would totally wait for it. I can wait. But since I've never had it, I'm okay with dropping it. I knew when I ordered it would be probably Oct/Nov before I saw my truck, and that's okay. But with the "until further notice" statement, I'm out! Haha.
 
Yeah, that confuses me as well. F-150s go with AS, but not SDs? I can only think that maybe there's more F-150s sold so more revenue? But the whole steering wheel color thing doesn't add up in my head either, as I doubt the F-150 platinum steering wheel setup is any different than the SD platinum steering wheel setup, unless the column shifter really messes things up? Anyway, I'm over AS and waiting for a system I've never driven with. I have no issue waiting if there's an end in sight. But AS builds not having any dates for when they will start building, I'm not waiting indefinitely.
F150 ActiveSteering is 100% completely different, Hydraulic vs Electronic..
 
F150 ActiveSteering is 100% completely different, Hydraulic vs Electronic..
I'm not a gear head at all, so I'm glad you mentioned this. I just turn round thing a truck goes different way. Lol.

Well, for all the non-KR guys holding out for AS - may the odds be ever in your favor!
 
Last edited:
F150 ActiveSteering is 100% completely different, Hydraulic vs Electronic..
Awww - this is great to know. Thanks for bringing in the knowledge - Skyline!
 
Well just got done talking with the dealer who reached out to his rep and told me I was not selected for build date yet. Next scheduling day for superdutys is sept 15. If I’m selected then I can expect to get truck end of January first of February I sure hope that info is wrong. I ordered 4/3/21. My truck has nothing to hold it back from being built so really at a loss for words as to why my truck hasn’t been built. Needless to say not really happy with the process of getting my dream truck. Hope all of you waiting get your truck selected to build
Crap!! I hope that is bad information? I just spoke to the dealer yesterday and they informed me that I got moved up to priority 02 and should be picked up today or next week for my build - Of course nothing but Crickets so far!
I really wanted to show the deer my new truck next month but it looks like they can be comforted in knowing it is the same hunter whose habits they have already patterned for the last 7 years!
Good thing I have a lot of Patience!
 
Crap!! I hope that is bad information? I just spoke to the dealer yesterday and they informed me that I got moved up to priority 02 and should be picked up today or next week for my build - Of course nothing but Crickets so far!
I really wanted to show the deer my new truck next month but it looks like they can be comforted in knowing it is the same hunter whose habits they have already patterned for the last 7 years!
Good thing I have a lot of Patience!
Man - we need to hang out. I feel the same exact way. I could have written the same thing on so many levels.
 
apologies for the curt reply in my previous comment... I am in the office so posting on here i keep on the DL.. haha

Ill add some more info to expand on my previous post.

F150 has a fully electronic variable ratio steering rack which is why they can offer; automatic park assist, full lane keeping assist, dynamic road undulation compensation and variability in the steering ratio.

SuperDuty has a hydraulic steering w. electronic overlay which gets us the Pro Trailer back up assist and than the separate option called Active Steering Assist is a 2nd electronic overlay housed in the steering wheel. Both of these systems are not precise enough to offer "at speed" steering support which is why we only get lane keeping alert vs the F150's lane keeping assist.
 
My order still shows "order processing" on the MachE tracker. Kinda disappointed as the original build date is the week of 8/23. I have a priority code 10. If I haven't gotten an in production email yet does this mean I have missed scheduling and will be pushed to the next scheduling date?
 
Looks like a regional manager stepped in with your order, then. Congrats!
I think that was what it was. No emails from Ford yet, though. Just this information from a good person.
 
Man - we need to hang out. I feel the same exact way. I could have written the same thing on so many levels.
That's because we are both comedians and use humor to defuse stressful situations :rolleyes:
And in response to your other post I would rather be the Boss of # 2
 
Back
Top Bottom