FYI 2022 Updated Production Schedule

I gave up on my truck being delivered 6 months ago. I still get the emails and my truck still hasn’t been delivered. New email says another month. It was build on March 16. Has anyone else figured anything out as what’s taking so long for getting a truck shipped? I assume it was waiting for a part but crazy to think new models will be delivered before they finish old models. At this point with the new 23’s and interest rates I have to imagine they would offer some discounts to encourage ppl to buy their orders.
Mine was built 3/28 and hasn't shipped either. Not one soul can tell me why it continues to sit. My last update was in September that it was moved to the ramp to be shipped. I have some people involved that have pull and they can't even make it happen. It's 100%on the shipper at this point. The only saving grace is ALL the 2022 models must ship BEFORE the 2023 can start to ship. Was told this last week from my insider. Supposedly there is no chance to have the 2023 models roll off the line and into rail cars, or even have the 2023 models be put in front of awaiting 2022's. Guess we'll see how accurate that is. Hence why they need the space that the 22's are currently occupying so they can store the 23's.
 
Mine was built 3/28 and hasn't shipped either. Not one soul can tell me why it continues to sit. My last update was in September that it was moved to the ramp to be shipped. I have some people involved that have pull and they can't even make it happen. It's 100%on the shipper at this point. The only saving grace is ALL the 2022 models must ship BEFORE the 2023 can start to ship. Was told this last week from my insider. Supposedly there is no chance to have the 2023 models roll off the line and into rail cars, or even have the 2023 models be put in front of awaiting 2022's. Guess we'll see how accurate that is. Hence why they need the space that the 22's are currently occupying so they can store the 23's.
You just blew my mind with that 3/28 date.
 
You just blew my mind with that 3/28 date.
It's insane that it has taken this long to ship a completed vehicle. It still has not left KTP. I know I've said I was walking away months ago, but things have changed and I must have a truck now. When it misses the next ETA end of next week, that's it, I'm 100% done! I'll have to find something else. I can't wait any longer. Sucks I've waited this long and have nothing but lies and disappointment to show for it. My bank can't hold my rate much longer and I need a truck, like yesterday need a truck! I'll get what I can find and won't be happy, but, such is life. I didn't order a 2023, so I'll have to order a 2024 now. I'll more than likely have to buy used at this point or pay for something I don't really want.
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_20221108-070348_Chrome.webp
    Screenshot_20221108-070348_Chrome.webp
    36.8 KB · Views: 67
I didn't order a 2023, so I'll have to order a 2024 now.
Say what? '23s are closed for the year? Did I miss something?

It's crazy this has been going on so long - I sorry. I thought I had a long wait - but this is almost worse knowing it is built and sitting there.
 
Say what? '23s are closed for the year? Did I miss something?

It's crazy this has been going on so long - I sorry. I thought I had a long wait - but this is almost worse knowing it is built and sitting there.
I tried to order another Lariat from another dealer, they said that the banks were closed. Could only order King Ranch and up. Not my taste or my price range.
 
To my knowledge, mine was released to ship at the very end of September and didn't actually move from KTP until this past Friday. I suppose there is a chance it wasn't actually
You just blew my mind with that 3/28 date.
Mine was built 3/28 and hasn't shipped either. Not one soul can tell me why it continues to sit. My last update was in September that it was moved to the ramp to be shipped. I have some people involved that have pull and they can't even make it happen. It's 100%on the shipper at this point. The only saving grace is ALL the 2022 models must ship BEFORE the 2023 can start to ship. Was told this last week from my insider. Supposedly there is no chance to have the 2023 models roll off the line and into rail cars, or even have the 2023 models be put in front of awaiting 2022's. Guess we'll see how accurate that is. Hence why they need the space that the 22's are currently occupying so they can store the 23's.
Really hoping that do actually prioritize all 2022s ahead of 23 shipping. This would be great news!
 
After a long wait, ordered it in March of 21, scheduled build date of August, it was finally built first week of September then it sat. It was delivered to my dealer last week and is getting the final assembly done that is no longer done at the factory, spray in bed liner, puck hitch system, tonneau cover etc. and I should see it next week finally. Very excited to see the differences between my current 17 F250 and my new F350 Lariat Ultimate Tremor. It arrived missing the badges... Now to get my 17 sold this week and find a new LED light bar for the front of it.
Congrats!!!
 
I tried to order another Lariat from another dealer, they said that the banks were closed. Could only order King Ranch and up. Not my taste or my price range.
I believe ‘23 is more of a “pause” than a “done” thing.
 
Is there a calculation that we can run to figure out what invoice price is? Word on street is my dealer is struggling to make sales and might be willing to make me a deal so I don’t walk away from my truck if it ever arrives.
 
I believe ‘23 is more of a “pause” than a “done” thing.

From what I understand, Ford actually is only doing a short production run of the 23s before they switch to the 24s to “get back on schedule”. Something like either a 6 month or 9 month run maybe?


Is there a calculation that we can run to figure out what invoice price is? Word on street is my dealer is struggling to make sales and might be willing to make me a deal so I don’t walk away from my truck if it ever arrives.

I *think* there was a way to find the invoice price by doing something and going through Costco, but don’t quote me on that.
 
From what I understand, Ford actually is only doing a short production run of the 23s before they switch to the 24s to “get back on schedule”. Something like either a 6 month or 9 month run maybe?

Wow. I didn’t know they were doing this for 2023. If that’s the case I’d imagine 24’s will be on the lots in late August. Like the old days.
 
Wow. I didn’t know they were doing this for 2023. If that’s the case I’d imagine 24’s will be on the lots in late August. Like the old days.

I believe they are, but I don’t know that for a 100% fact. I’ve just heard it around. I think here a couple times maybe, and I think a salesman I talked to a few weeks back had mentioned it as well.
 
From what I understand, Ford actually is only doing a short production run of the 23s before they switch to the 24s to “get back on schedule”. Something like either a 6 month or 9 month run maybe?
Interesting... Hadn't heard that. If it happens I would expect almost no changes for '24. Cost saves and fixes only.
 
Interesting... Hadn't heard that. If it happens I would expect almost no changes for '24. Cost saves and fixes only.
X2.
 
Wow. I didn’t know they were doing this for 2023. If that’s the case I’d imagine 24’s will be on the lots in late August. Like the old days.
Shipping wont be any better by then, they will still be 3 to 6 months behind getting them shipped.
 
Shipping wont be any better by then, they will still be 3 to 6 months behind getting them shipped.
Great. Now the '23s will go into the same LIFO black hole. I really hope that everyone gets their '22 very soon. It's been ridiculous. Selfishly, I also want to get my '23 order built and shipped. I'm in my 13th month of waiting, so I'm also tired of Ford's F ups.
 
FINALLY! I guess the one positive outlook from waiting over 500 days for a truck is I had the lift wheels and tires ready to go on right away. BDS 4 Link 4" lift with Fox 2.5 DCS Coil-overs and dual fox stabilizer. Super impressed with the BDS kit and the ride quality is great. 37x1350r20 Toyo RT on 20x10 Fuel Rebel in bronze/black.

Ordered 7.21.2021 and order confirmed 7.24.2021. F350 6.7 Lariat Atlas Blue
was built over a year later and completed on 9.29.2022
Didn't get delivered until 12.23.2022

For those who experienced as long of a wait as I did, I salute you as I don't think I could ever wait this long for a truck again, EVER. Here is the first few photos I have taken so far.
F350.webp

2.5FoxCoilover.webp

BDS4Link.webp
 
FINALLY! I guess the one positive outlook from waiting over 500 days for a truck is I had the lift wheels and tires ready to go on right away. BDS 4 Link 4" lift with Fox 2.5 DCS Coil-overs and dual fox stabilizer. Super impressed with the BDS kit and the ride quality is great. 37x1350r20 Toyo RT on 20x10 Fuel Rebel in bronze/black.

Ordered 7.21.2021 and order confirmed 7.24.2021. F350 6.7 Lariat Atlas Blue
was built over a year later and completed on 9.29.2022
Didn't get delivered until 12.23.2022

For those who experienced as long of a wait as I did, I salute you as I don't think I could ever wait this long for a truck again, EVER. Here is the first few photos I have taken so far. View attachment 109122
View attachment 109123
View attachment 109124
Looks great, and a nice set-up. You ordered a week before me and got it a week before me...lol. Never in a million years would I think I would wait 17 month for any vehicle. But I did for some reason. Gave me time to save up for the PPF and Ceramic Coating I guess...
 
Back
Top Bottom