Fox 2.5 HTO

I put a set of 2.5 HTO's on my 2022 this week. My perception is a slightly improved ride. Bumps are slightly less harsh. No off-road yet...
Shock Surplus recommended front shocks for 2"-3.5" lift since our Tremors are 2" higher in the front vs non-Tremors. The 2"-3.5" shocks are too long for my truck and I'm working with Shock Surplus to exchange them for the standard length.
Hey BadDogPSD, thank you for your post. I am ready to purchase the exact same HTO shocks for my "stock" height 2023 F350 Tremor. Have you found that we actually need the 0-1.5"?
 
Hey BadDogPSD, thank you for your post. I am ready to purchase the exact same HTO shocks for my "stock" height 2023 F350 Tremor. Have you found that we actually need the 0-1.5"?
If you reach out to Nick at Apollo off-road he can get you all set up. I sent him a DM and it was pretty easy to get taken care of.
 
Hey BadDogPSD, thank you for your post. I am ready to purchase the exact same HTO shocks for my "stock" height 2023 F350 Tremor. Have you found that we actually need the 0-1.5"?
Stock height, no lift shocks is what stock Tremors need.
 
You'll want to purchase 0-1.5" front and rear.

You can grab them from us on the site with some package savings as well: https://apollooffroad.com/products/fox-2-5-hto-performance-series-shocks-for-2017-ford-super-duty

If you have any questions, please let me know!

Hi Nick,

On the page you linked, I see this note. Does "all" include the 3.5" (non-Tremor here) Carli coils?

Thanks for clarifying!

"PLEASE NOTE: For the 2017+ Ford F-250 and F-350 Super Duty, we have found that the 2-3.5" lift height shock is TOO LONG for leveled applications. On the 2020+ Tremor with a leveling kit, even though these trucks are taller than other trucks from the factory, the 0-1.5" length front shock is the correct length and recommended. We have found the 2-3.5" front height shock is too long. The 0-1.5" lift front shocks is recommended for all 2017+ leveled trucks."
 
Hi Nick,

On the page you linked, I see this note. Does "all" include the 3.5" (non-Tremor here) Carli coils?

Thanks for clarifying!

"PLEASE NOTE: For the 2017+ Ford F-250 and F-350 Super Duty, we have found that the 2-3.5" lift height shock is TOO LONG for leveled applications. On the 2020+ Tremor with a leveling kit, even though these trucks are taller than other trucks from the factory, the 0-1.5" length front shock is the correct length and recommended. We have found the 2-3.5" front height shock is too long. The 0-1.5" lift front shocks is recommended for all 2017+ leveled trucks."
Yes sir.

Whether you have a Tremor or a non-Tremor with the Carli springs, the Fox HTOs need to be the 0-1.5" length.

A 2020+ non-Tremor with the 3.5" spring will gain 3.5" of front height with those springs. A 2020+ Tremor will gain 1.5" of height with those springs. Ultimately, both trucks will end up at the same height once the Carli springs are installed. However, the 0-1.5" shock is the correct length.

I know that the math doesn't make sense, but it's what we've found for this application along with other members of the forum who purchased the 2-3.5" front shocks and had to return them.
 
My HTOs are on the way. Looking forward to getting them installed!

I don't mind the rougher ride (reminds me I'm in a truck :p), but when the rear end seems to buck when I hit a transition or a pothole, it's an issue for multiple reasons. I'm hoping these tame it quite a bit, in addition to going from 20" to 18" wheels and taller tires (315/70).
 
Only two reasons my stock-ish Godzilla Tremor rides on four Bilstein 5160s is because 1/ I think Bilstein's the best value in a mass produced damper in the world, and, 2/ when I wanted some HTOs they was tempo-rare-illy out of stock at a time when I was very hot on puttin' some better-than-stock dampers on my truck to tide me over to when I may afford some KING hydraulic wonders.

Tell you what, though, my 5160s are pretty nice and I'm glad I did it. HOWEVER... I would like to try the HTOs because I think they're better tuned to ease washboard dirt road travel.
 
Only two reasons my stock-ish Godzilla Tremor rides on four Bilstein 5160s is because 1/ I think Bilstein's the best value in a mass produced damper in the world, and, 2/ when I wanted some HTOs they was tempo-rare-illy out of stock at a time when I was very hot on puttin' some better-than-stock dampers on my truck to tide me over to when I may afford some KING hydraulic wonders.

Tell you what, though, my 5160s are pretty nice and I'm glad I did it. HOWEVER... I would like to try the HTOs because I think they're better tuned to ease washboard dirt road travel.
The HTO are great for washboard dirt roads I frequently find myself on during hunting season. I’m not racing / driving fast when off road so I didn’t see the “need” for an extra reservoir. I have had mine on for over a year and 30k ++ miles and will probably replace the. Next year with the same. For the price of admission I think they are winners.

The bullstein are great too for an affordable alternative. Had them on my last truck and no complaints but I think the HTO are an upgrade compared to the “Billies”
 
That was quick! @Nick@ApolloOff-Road I would suggest that y’all tape all four edges on both ends of the box. Here’s my pick and the only thing holding it from doing this was the tape down the middle on the top and bottom.
IMG_4909.webp
 
That was quick! @Nick@ApolloOff-Road I would suggest that y’all tape all four edges on both ends of the box. Here’s my pick and the only thing holding it from doing this was the tape down the middle on the top and bottom.View attachment 263159
Well the way the shipping companies handle packages anymore everything needs to be in a padded crate lol everything I get anymore no matter if it’s UPS, FedEx or USPS it all looks like it was drop kicked down the road
 
The packing inside was good but the box ends need to be tapped all around just for the reason you stated above
 
Last edited:
Congrats on your HTO's arrival, Rick. That's pretty neat. Hope you can get 'em on, soon.

Speaking of packing (NO, Optimus... just. no.) I used to actively collect vintage Coleman camp lanterns. I've seen it all. It got to the point where if the seller did not pack the item so it would remain immobilized in tight padding 3" in all six directions then "the shipping monkeys who deliberately hurl your packages onto solid concrete from the rooftop!" would succeed in obliterating your item.

/trivial history + some nonsense thrown in
 
That was quick! @Nick@ApolloOff-Road I would suggest that y’all tape all four edges on both ends of the box. Here’s my pick and the only thing holding it from doing this was the tape down the middle on the top and bottom.View attachment 263159
Sorry to see this brother. Nothing is worse than someone mishandling your package.

23364.gif

23365.gif
 
HTO’s are ordered

That was quick! @Nick@ApolloOff-Road I would suggest that y’all tape all four edges on both ends of the box. Here’s my pick and the only thing holding it from doing this was the tape down the middle on the top and bottom.View attachment 263159

Sorry about the packing, I'll talk to the guys on this. Did everything arrive intact? Appreciate your support and glad we could get you dialed in!

Has anyone used these in conjunction with Carli springs, by chance?
We've had a few guys do it, also with Icon springs as well. No issues.
 
Sorry about the packing, I'll talk to the guys on this. Did everything arrive intact? Appreciate your support and glad we could get you dialed in!


We've had a few guys do it, also with Icon springs as well. No issues.

Everything looks ok. The actual fox boxes look to be unmanned
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom