Fox 2.5 HTO

Got the HTOs installed yesterday and did a little test driving today. Big step up from stock shocks. With that said my only other aftermarket shocks have been bilstein 5100s on a Chevy 2500. They were fine but just a solid replacement shock. These 2.5 HTO are much better.

I have never been in a super duty with the expensive 2.5 ressi shocks so I don’t know if the extra thousand plus dollars is worth it but for a mid priced shock upgrade these HTOs seem fair.

My test drive wasn’t anything spectacular. I just hit a road I drive everyday with many potholes and I used to really kind of hang on to the steering wheel. Not so much bouncing anymore. Went to the Costco parking lot and hit the speed bumps a few times at various speeds and the slow bounce is non existent. Will be taking it on some fire roads in a couple weeks when I get out and do some fishing so we shall see how it eats those up.

Also installed the Fox ATS steering stabilizer too
 
Got the HTOs installed yesterday and did a little test driving today. Big step up from stock shocks. With that said my only other aftermarket shocks have been bilstein 5100s on a Chevy 2500. They were fine but just a solid replacement shock. These 2.5 HTO are much better.

I have never been in a super duty with the expensive 2.5 ressi shocks so I don’t know if the extra thousand plus dollars is worth it but for a mid priced shock upgrade these HTOs seem fair.

My test drive wasn’t anything spectacular. I just hit a road I drive everyday with many potholes and I used to really kind of hang on to the steering wheel. Not so much bouncing anymore. Went to the Costco parking lot and hit the speed bumps a few times at various speeds and the slow bounce is non existent. Will be taking it on some fire roads in a couple weeks when I get out and do some fishing so we shall see how it eats those up.

Also installed the Fox ATS steering stabilizer too
Hunterman, if you don’t mind me asking, what part numbers did you order?
 
I hid / through away all the evidence and receipts so the wife didn’t see it but I have a stock tremor and I ordered the 0-1.5” lift. They fit perfectly. Nick @ apollo off road hooked it up. Quick shipping too.
Thank for the reply. I plan on going through Nick @ Apollo when I’m ready to make the purchase.
 
Hunterman, if you don’t mind me asking, what part numbers did you order?
Here are the part numbers for fronts and backs on a non lift non level (stock replacement) set. @Nick@ApolloOff-Road is the guy to talk to about getting the correct ones for you. He took great care of me, and he’s always good about giving you a bit of a “forum discount” if you mention this place.
IMG_2398.webp
 
I hid / through away all the evidence and receipts so the wife didn’t see it but I have a stock tremor and I ordered the 0-1.5” lift. They fit perfectly. Nick @ apollo off road hooked it up. Quick shipping too.
what year truck?
 
Mine is a 2024 diesel
so you feel these are a significant upgrade over the stock shocks? How many miles were on the stocks and what rim and tire setup are you using?
 
How long would one expect these to last between rebuilds if say your under using them (meaning majority of driving is on road but want them for when you do take family trips and plan to go off the beaten path)? Like these over 5160s but truck is my daily driver so the downtown to rebuild is factoring in for me… (I guess I could always be wasteful American and when time to rebuild replace buy another set and always have one ready to swap on and then send one out for rebuild).

Or at that point if majority of time being on road with mild/moderate off road trails my intent the 5160s might suffice… then when time to replace just replace.

Been going back and fourth on this for a bit so I’m ready when the time comes…
 
Do you do any towing? I'm looking into getting new shocks for my 2020 F350. I tow a fifth wheel and I am interested in hearing how the 2.5s do. I'm currently still running the stock shocks with about 68k miles on them. Any info would be great.
 
so you feel these are a significant upgrade over the stock shocks? How many miles were on the stocks and what rim and tire setup are you using?
I think they are an upgrade for the price. My truck is 15 months old with almost 40k miles. The last day and a half I have noticed the truck “sticks” to the ground better. I drive fast and the tires seem to hold the ground better and not bounce around as much. Hitting speed bumps the “bounce” is less too. For what I do….drive freeway a lot and hit dirt roads on the weekend I think I found the sweet spot with these shocks. I’m happy with the cost. Would I be happier with a $2500-$3000 set of fancy resi shocks I don’t know. I’m not racing my truck through the desert so I don’t feel I need them and can’t justify the price. Originally I was going to level with the King shocks but since I decided I’m staying with a 35” tire I didn’t feel the need to level.

The Fox HTOs are definitely a step up above the stock shocks. It’s noticeable to me anyways. I think at the price point you’re not going to rebuild these you will just replace them. Expensive replacement but not worth it to me to pull it off, send it in, and put it back on to save $50 or maybe $100 per shock vs buying a new set.

I’m on stock rims and tires but I just got a set of ICON rims and plan on new tires in the very near future. Probably either the Falken AT4 or Toyota AT3s
 
Do you do any towing? I'm looking into getting new shocks for my 2020 F350. I tow a fifth wheel and I am interested in hearing how the 2.5s do. I'm currently still running the stock shocks with about 68k miles on them. Any info would be great.
I don’t tow heavy anymore. Just a dump trailer every now and then.
 
Back
Top Bottom