Fox 2.5 HTO

So these could cost only slightly more than the 2.0 resi shocks from fox (non adjustable) from accutune. Which would be better for a truck that does 10% off road, 10% towing on road, and 80% unloaded on road? Improved ride would be my biggest priority, the roads where I live may as well be dirt they are so bad with patches and holes etc
You must live in CA too! Haha. I had to buy a HD truck just to navigate some of the roads around here. Glad we pay all that extra sales tax for gas and diesel. It’s doing wonders for our roads
 
So these could cost only slightly more than the 2.0 resi shocks from fox (non adjustable) from accutune. Which would be better for a truck that does 10% off road, 10% towing on road, and 80% unloaded on road? Improved ride would be my biggest priority, the roads where I live may as well be dirt they are so bad with patches and holes etc

I think either would work well in your situation. I'd suggest you call a few vendors and get their input.
 
So these could cost only slightly more than the 2.0 resi shocks from fox (non adjustable) from accutune. Which would be better for a truck that does 10% off road, 10% towing on road, and 80% unloaded on road? Improved ride would be my biggest priority, the roads where I live may as well be dirt they are so bad with patches and holes etc
Actually I just saw you’re from Lincoln. I’m in Folsom. Small world! Aren’t the roads here “great!”
 
I’m going to be throwing a set of these on my Tremor when the time comes. Probably around 15-20K miles. Stock rear shocks are already making some clicking noises over bumps, just hit 13K miles.
 
You must live in CA too! Haha. I had to buy a HD truck just to navigate some of the roads around here. Glad we pay all that extra sales tax for gas and diesel. It’s doing wonders for our roads

Actually I just saw you’re from Lincoln. I’m in Folsom. Small world! Aren’t the roads here “great!”
That’s awesome, I commute to Folsom every few weeks for work. Maybe you’ll see me out there 👍🏻.

But yes, the roads are absolutely awful
 
Been running the OE Tremor red boots on the rear for quite awhile now with daily driving, nothing crazy. I can't tell if there are any issues. Maybe if I remove them for a quick check (???). For the fronts it's been using Fox 2.0s which are a nice shock. :cool::cool:

Perspective (cause that's exactly what it is) :
Front and rear "ride" doesn't seem to have any significant difference. Yes, the front is holding the weight of the motor while the bed runs lighter (in not empty). Even when the bed has some decent weight loaded, the ride is VERY nice. Now run over some of those speed bumps (empty/loaded) you can pick out the difference in the way the shocks work/perform. :cool: :cool:

(CAUTION : There is @Optimus bait in this thread. If he is caught please stay away, the authorities will be along soon to collect him.) :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸
 
Been running the OE Tremor red boots on the rear for quite awhile now with daily driving, nothing crazy. I can't tell if there are any issues. Maybe if I remove them for a quick check (???). For the fronts it's been using Fox 2.0s which are a nice shock. :cool::cool:

Perspective (cause that's exactly what it is) :
Front and rear "ride" doesn't seem to have any significant difference. Yes, the front is holding the weight of the motor while the bed runs lighter (in not empty). Even when the bed has some decent weight loaded, the ride is VERY nice. Now run over some of those speed bumps (empty/loaded) you can pick out the difference in the way the shocks work/perform. :cool: :cool:

(CAUTION : There is @Optimus bait in this thread. If he is caught please stay away, the authorities will be along soon to collect him.) :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸
There's boat loads of fun in this but I value my membership! 🤪
 
There's boat loads of fun in this but I value my membership! 🤪

C'mon.....c'mon.....you can do it.

bait.gif
 
I put a set of 2.5 HTO's on my 2022 this week. My perception is a slightly improved ride. Bumps are slightly less harsh. No off-road yet...
Shock Surplus recommended front shocks for 2"-3.5" lift since our Tremors are 2" higher in the front vs non-Tremors. The 2"-3.5" shocks are too long for my truck and I'm working with Shock Surplus to exchange them for the standard length.
Are you at stock height up front?
 
While I havent been able to sit in a truck with the HTOs, I have been in several vehicles running bilstein's version of this and its fantastic.

If youd like to place an order for these, reach out.
 
Is bilstiens version of this the 5160s?
 
I have been looking into more reviews of these shocks as well. Most of the videos I have seen have been GM or jeeps. Not exactly comparable.

I have an FX4 not a Tremor but have swapped to tremor front springs, and sway bar. I am also currently running 5100's. From a ride perspective, I noticed a slight difference in composure over chatter and bumps in the road with the 5100's. Feels more planted but nothing earth shattering.

Where I am still seeing the suspension lacking, is with a load in the bed (eg. yard of base rock/gravel), it feels like the shocks have a hard time controlling the springs and it still seems to unload more than I would prefer. Like when you go over a dip in the road and the suspension unloads a couple of times before settling.

Can anyone that is running these HTO's chime in on how composed the truck is in these unloading scenarios? I have been looking at 2.5's as with more fluid/valving/piston surface, it should help with controlling those situations better. (Depending on valving of course) Probably keeping stock height at this time while only focusing on the shocks to upgrade for more control.

In general these trucks need more rebound valving to control the unloading of the springs over compression valving. Stiffer rebound valving is why the factory shocks rebound more slowly when compressed off the truck.
 
Last edited:
I have about 4000 miles on the 2.5 HTO shocks with half of that towing a trailer. These are (for the money) the most noticeable improvement in ride I’ve gotten out of a shock on a stock super duty (again…for the money).

IMO: They take a noticeable amount of harshness out of the ride at the cost of a little more body roll. I am happy with them and feel if you aren’t going to step up to some Accutune 2.5 or go full suspension upgrade, these are worth considering.
 
I have about 4000 miles on the 2.5 HTO shocks with half of that towing a trailer. These are (for the money) the most noticeable improvement in ride I’ve gotten out of a shock on a stock super duty (again…for the money).

IMO: They take a noticeable amount of harshness out of the ride at the cost of a little more body roll. I am happy with them and feel if you aren’t going to step up to some Accutune 2.5 or go full suspension upgrade, these are worth considering.
I'm assuming you installed them in the front as well? I'm still seriously considering the HTO's for the front since the remote reservoirs can't be strapped to the primary shock without wheel rub. I've been really surprised by the ride quality of my new MY24 -- are you saying the improvement in the front specifically was noticeable? Can you describe the step back in body roll and if that is in the front or rear?
 
I'm assuming you installed them in the front as well? I'm still seriously considering the HTO's for the front since the remote reservoirs can't be strapped to the primary shock without wheel rub. I've been really surprised by the ride quality of my new MY24 -- are you saying the improvement in the front specifically was noticeable? Can you describe the step back in body roll and if that is in the front or rear?
Interested in response as well..
 
I'm assuming you installed them in the front as well? I'm still seriously considering the HTO's for the front since the remote reservoirs can't be strapped to the primary shock without wheel rub. I've been really surprised by the ride quality of my new MY24 -- are you saying the improvement in the front specifically was noticeable? Can you describe the step back in body roll and if that is in the front or rear?
I am running them in all four corners. It is subtle, but there is a tad more body roll in the front end. Not enough for it to deter someone from trying these out in my opinion. Also, I didn't run the shock long before I swapped to Yokohama M/T G003 in 315/70R18 which might be a contributor as I didn't get an impression of additional body roll immediately after installing.

Just for reference; I like these better than the Bilstein 5160's I installed on my 2020 F350 Tremor (my previous truck). I feel the 5160s had better road handling than the stock shocks, but didn't smooth the bumps out at all compared to stock.
 
I am running them in all four corners. It is subtle, but there is a tad more body roll in the front end. Not enough for it to deter someone from trying these out in my opinion. Also, I didn't run the shock long before I swapped to Yokohama M/T G003 in 315/70R18 which might be a contributor as I didn't get an impression of additional body roll immediately after installing.

Just for reference; I like these better than the Bilstein 5160's I installed on my 2020 F350 Tremor (my previous truck). I feel the 5160s had better road handling than the stock shocks, but didn't smooth the bumps out at all compared to stock.


So you’re thinking the body roll can be the due to geolander mt tire and not the 2.5 shock? I’m a bit surprised that the shock would contribute to a body roll, with a softer spring i can see it happening, but shocks…
 
Back
Top Bottom