Fox 2.5 HTO

So you’re thinking the body roll can be the due to geolander mt tire and not the 2.5 shock? I’m a bit surprised that the shock would contribute to a body roll, with a softer spring i can see it happening, but shocks…
Hard to say with all of the variables. Sorry!
 
While I havent been able to sit in a truck with the HTOs, I have been in several vehicles running bilstein's version of this and its fantastic.

If youd like to place an order for these, reach out.
gmoon, Does Bilstein have a 2.5 pintop shock available for these trucks?
 
So you’re thinking the body roll can be the due to geolander mt tire and not the 2.5 shock? I’m a bit surprised that the shock would contribute to a body roll, with a softer spring i can see it happening, but shocks…
If the rebound is lighter on the HTO's then it could just be unloading in corners more than a stiffer rebound shock. Likely not the case but still worth considering/noting.
 
I will certainly consider these for my next round of shocks sometime this year.
 
Are these the stock height shock HTO option or lifted application? Those are definitely longer than the factory shocks.
These are for the 2-3.5" lift. It's what Shock Surplus recommended for the Tremor since we supposedly have a 2" lift from the factory. They are exchanging for stock length shocks.
 
These are for the 2-3.5" lift. It's what Shock Surplus recommended for the Tremor since we supposedly have a 2" lift from the factory. They are exchanging for stock length shocks.
I believe people mistake the 2.5 lift on Tremors SD; the truck has 1.5" lift and 35" tires, contributing to the other 1" advertised as 2.5". At least on the 22, not sure about 23+.
 
I believe people mistake the 2.5 lift on Tremors SD; the truck has 1.5" lift and 35" tires, contributing to the other 1" advertised as 2.5". At least on the 22, not sure about 23+.
That's about right on the both my 22 and 24. Like for like swap of non-Tremor to Tremor springs nets a bit over 1" front lift.
 
Stock height pavement pounder why even spend the money? get a set of Bilstein 4600's for the price of one HTO. Any performance shock will ride firmer than the sloppy stocks, even the 4600's will be firmer. The 2.5 HTO is set above the 2.0's (even with resi) and below the 2.5 Performance Elites, so it is a lot of shock if you're not going to use it. I have the 2.5 PE's, if I didn't I would have the HTO's, since I have no plans on pounding the whoops and dropping Carli cash. Other wise I would have the Pin Top at a minimum or the Dominator set up. On a side note, the 23-25 trucks ride so much better than the previous generation trucks it doesn't seem like the Carli, Fox, Icon, King you name it treatment is as drastic as it use to be.
Carli surely isn't worth the $10k plus. I'd rather spend $5k on a staccato 2011, better lighting, more fishing and hunting gear.
 
How is they don't have different part#s for 6.7 and 7.3 trucks on the 2.5 HTO? They are using the same shock for both? Big difference in front end weight.
 
How is they don't have different part#s for 6.7 and 7.3 trucks on the 2.5 HTO? They are using the same shock for both? Big difference in front end weight.
The weight of the truck is carried by the springs (which are different 6.7 and 7.3) on the front end. The shocks control the rebound and compression dampening. Just like springs and valving on moto's.
 
The weight of the truck is carried by the springs (which are different 6.7 and 7.3) on the front end. The shocks control the rebound and compression dampening. Just like springs and valving on moto's.
Yes, but places like Carli valve the shock differently based on the weight 6.7 vs 7.3.
 
Yes, but places like Carli valve the shock differently based on the weight 6.7 vs 7.3.
That’s also a “custom” shock with a specific purpose. These are just generic 2.5” aftermarket shocks. If you want custom tuning then you can still pay for it. Accutune will tune them to your choosing and weight.
 
AccuTune will not tune the HTOs. They will only tune remote reservoir shocks. I'm assuming Carli IFP shocks are tuned by the factory.
 
AccuTune will not tune the HTOs. They will only tune remote reservoir shocks. I'm assuming Carli IFP shocks are tuned by the factory.
I just assumed they would. I’ve had a couple sets of Foxes tunes by them now, but they were both reservoir shocks.
 
I have a set on the way for my 2025. My third F250 build. One was Accutune custom valved shocks, Two were Full Carli Pintop Kings. So I do know what a good ride is, once installed, I will post my view/opinion.
 
For those that have installed the rears , did you rubber mallet the top rear shock mounts on?

The id of the Fox in smaller than oem .
 
At 83k my OEM shocks are beyond shot. I talked with Nick from @Nick@ApolloOff-Road yesterday and ordered a set for all four corners. Should have them in a few days.
 
Last edited:
I think these will be the next best thing in performance shocks.

I'm waiting for my 2.0s to take a crap to pull the trigger. I could use more rebound yet still maintain that smoothness that FOX offers.
 
Back
Top Bottom