Forscan for 2022

The double honk?

Look in the BdyCM (Body Control Module). You can change this in plain english, just disable the "Double Honk on Leaving Cabin"

Just reread your question. My first response above is for leaving the cabin with the vehicle running and it lets you know with two honks.

The other is located in the IPC and it can be disabled in plain english as well. It's called "Chimes - Vehicle running with door open"

Just reread your question. My first response above is for leaving the cabin with the vehicle running and it lets you know with two honks.

The other is located in the IPC and it can be disabled in plain english as well. It's called "Chimes - Vehicle running with door open"
Thanks for the response. I had totally missed it. I got it changed. Thank you.

Hi everyone. Thinking about getting Forscan for a couple annoyances with the superduty. TPMS, no key double horn, fogs with high beam, etc.

Another thing that frustrates me is that there is no parking brake indicator on the dash. I’ve never owned a vehicle that didn’t tell you if the brake is deployed. Is this something that can be added in Forscan?

Hi everyone. Thinking about getting Forscan for a couple annoyances with the superduty. TPMS, no key double horn, fogs with high beam, etc.

Another thing that frustrates me is that there is no parking brake indicator on the dash. I’ve never owned a vehicle that didn’t tell you if the brake is deployed. Is this something that can be added in Forscan?
There should be a red BRAKE light that turns on in the bottom right corner of the speedometer when you push the pedal down. If you put the truck in gear with the brake set it gives a popup like this as well. The BRAKE light only shows up with the key on. Nothing shows with the ignition off.
20221103_195517.jpg

There should be a red BRAKE light that turns on in the bottom right corner of the speedometer when you push the pedal down. If you put the truck in gear with the brake set it gives a popup like this as well. The BRAKE light only shows up with the key on. Nothing shows with the ignition off.
View attachment 103067
This makes sense. I have a 2022 that does not show either of these indicators. Drives me crazy. Thank you for the feedback. I will be contacting my dealer.

This makes sense. I have a 2022 that does not show either of these indicators. Drives me crazy. Thank you for the feedback. I will be contacting my dealer.
In Forscan you can select to have the brake warning on "in gear" (factory) OR have the warning come on with movement/speed.

I park on grades often. I use the park brake before shifting to park. Setting the alert to movement/speed keeps the annoying chime/ display off while setting the brake in gear.

In Forscan you can select to have the brake warning on "in gear" (factory) OR have the warning come on with movement/speed.

I park on grades often. I use the park brake before shifting to park. Setting the alert to movement/speed keeps the annoying chime/ display off while setting the brake in gear.
Where is this change made? I’d love to do the same thing as I routinely set my parking brake.

What's the best setting for Regen on forscan and how do I make the charges?

I used Forscan and made some module changes to my ‘22 F250 Tremor but now I’ve been asked to make some changes to my brothers ‘22 F250 but I’m not sure how Forscan handles another Asbuilt and connecting to another vehicle, pointing to the proper files, etc.? If I save the modules, as I did on mine, will it put them somewhere separate from my vehicle. It would be nice to be a bit prepared before diving in if someone could help info about the process.

Much appreciate.

I used Forscan and made some module changes to my ‘22 F250 Tremor but now I’ve been asked to make some changes to my brothers ‘22 F250 but I’m not sure how Forscan handles another Asbuilt and connecting to another vehicle, pointing to the proper files, etc.? If I save the modules, as I did on mine, will it put them somewhere separate from my vehicle. It would be nice to be a bit prepared before diving in if someone could help info about the process.

Much appreciate.
Connecting to multiple vehicles is no issue. Just answer "no" when it asks if you want to load a saved configuration and it will force a scan of the modules in the new vehicle. You can name files as necessary if you don't like the default and/or choose the folder where you want the files saved.

Connecting to multiple vehicles is no issue. Just answer "no" when it asks if you want to load a saved configuration and it will force a scan of the modules in the new vehicle. You can name files as necessary if you don't like the default and/or choose the folder where you want the files saved.
Awesome thank you Modman!

Much appreciate.
+1 to what Modman said, and I’ll add that IMO it’s best practice to never load a saved profile, even if it’s for the same vehicle. One time ForScan failed to load some of the modules when I loaded a saved profile.

The time savings from loading a profile are pretty minor, really.

What?! That can be changed? Well I guess I’m changing that this weekend.

For whatever reason (honestly don’t think there’s a benefit, just a habit I built up) I often put my truck in drive before I disengage the parking brake. Result is the truck dinging at me and it’s kind of annoying.

What?! That can be changed? Well I guess I’m changing that this weekend.

For whatever reason (honestly don’t think there’s a benefit, just a habit I built up) I often put my truck in drive before I disengage the parking brake. Result is the truck dinging at me and it’s kind of annoying.
Made the change last weekend after reading this. Super simple but very much appreciated.

+1 to what Modman said, and I’ll add that IMO it’s best practice to never load a saved profile, even if it’s for the same vehicle. One time ForScan failed to load some of the modules when I loaded a saved profile.

The time savings from loading a profile are pretty minor, really.
Thank you, makes sense. Another question…..is it necessary to download the Asbuilt from the Ford site before making any changes? if you save the original modules is it necessary at all? Or if something goes terribly wrong could you then download the asbuilt from ford and replace the entire group of modules. Im trying to understand what purpose downloading the original asbuilt from Ford serves when getting started and making changes without problems.

Thank you, makes sense. Another question…..is it necessary to download the Asbuilt from the Ford site before making any changes? if you save the original modules is it necessary at all? Or if something goes terribly wrong could you then download the asbuilt from ford and replace the entire group of modules. Im trying to understand what purpose downloading the original asbuilt from Ford serves when getting started and making changes without problems.
No, the modules will load directly from the truck. No need to download from Motorcraft site, although it is a good idea to do this just another form of backup in case something goes cattywampus with either a module or a single memory address and you need to reference/rebuild it. If you have saved all the modules as backup in Forscan first that is doing the same thing, however.

• Useful
Reactions: ccw
No, the modules will load directly from the truck. No need to download from Motorcraft site, although it is a good idea to do this just another form of backup in case something goes cattywampus with either a module or a single memory address and you need to reference/rebuild it. If you have saved all the modules as backup in Forscan first that is doing the same thing, however.
Gotcha. Thanks again……….You and so many others on this great forum are such an awesome resource for us less informed. 😀

If I recall correctly it's in the BCM plain English towards the bottom. I don't recall what the title was though.
To follow-up on this, the name of the setting is: Parking Brake Chime at

The two options are:
  • Transmission Gear Selected (PRNDL)
  • Vehicle Speed
They do what you would expect. Default is, as expected based on the behavior, "Transmission Gear Selected". Making the change in Plain English worked a treat for me!

Latest Discussions

Back