-
Featured
- #141
I love caps. Before I had a 5th wheel I was a cap guy.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Some of the time lag may be dependant upon what type of government is ruling in the area where the factory in question happens to be located. She claimed that the lead time doubled immediately when the factory implemented "social distancing protools". I don't know where any of these factories are.Dang, and I thought the 6-8 week lead time that became 11 week lead time for SnugTop was crazy. Guess it's better than the 45 week lead time for the Four Wheel Campers.
By the way, I don't know why they quote lead times as weeks. This isn't a pregnancy. If it's 12 weeks tell me I'll be waiting 3 months. If it's 45 weeks, tell me I'll be waiting almost a year. ?
I have a love/hate relationship with them but they are the best solution for dogs and they are nice for several other things too. It just means I may have to haul a trailer if I buy a new couch or something tall.I love caps. Before I had a 5th wheel I was a cap guy.
Look back through this thread. I don't remember how he spells it , but fetchemup or similar (fetch em up) has a rapid red Tremor with a black topper and a Decked system.I was wondering if anyone is running a top with the decked box in the back. Looking to see how much room is left. Thinking about if I do any boondocking.
Decked systems are good if you plan to take the cap off once in a while. I've seen some DIY wood set ups on YouTube that are much cheaper but just not waterproof so you have to leave the cap on.I was wondering if anyone is running a top with the decked box in the back. Looking to see how much room is left. Thinking about if I do any boondocking.
My dad built his own drawer system in his 2006 Chevy. It still works like new and he likes it. He specifically made it for his shotguns and he wanted it perfectly suited to that. He doesn't shoot much anymore for health reason so he was able to adapt the drawers to suit changing needs. If you are a skilled carpenter like he is, its a no brainer to build it. But if you don't have the skills, or time or just want the plastic surface I think the Decked system is a great option.Decked systems are good if you plan to take the cap off once in a while. I've seen some DIY wood set ups on YouTube that are much cheaper but just not waterproof so you have to leave the cap on.
You lose the ability to sit up in "bed" once you put a mattress on top of the drawers though. I'm choosing to do some storage bins on the sides so that I can sit up. I use the back seats for the rest of my storage needs.
The latching mechanism is covered by a plastic cover, your dog should not be able to open it. Not to mention if you get the feature that locks it with your truck, you can lock it easily when your dog is in the back.Can someone take some pics of the latching mechanism of the are z series back door.
thanks!
The leer has exposed cables when shut that my dog jumps up to look out and pops open the rear door.
My situation exactly..I have a love/hate relationship with them but they are the best solution for dogs and they are nice for several other things too. It just means I may have to haul a trailer if I buy a new couch or something tall.
drawers just make my life organized. The decked system works. I was hesitant because they are “plastic”, but they are solid and the drawers are water proof, I tried them. the only complaint so far is the drawers don’t open far enough for me.I was wondering if anyone is running a top with the decked box in the back. Looking to see how much room is left. Thinking about if I do any boondocking.
Just tell the dog “NO Foei”. LolLeer 100xr on current pos Titan
Dog pulls these ad it pops open. View attachment 14143View attachment 14144
Do you have any old dogs that still go out with you? I'm pretty sure my old Llewellyn is going to need a ramp when the Tremor gets here.My situation exactly..
12 year old Lab. I lift her, or a ramp for sure. This pic is wood duck hunting. Warm and short hunts. She still pheasant hunts too. But I limit her to about 45 minutes or a couple birds. She doesn’t realize she is old till it’s too late. Man she’s an awesome dog.Do you have any old dogs that still go out with you? I'm pretty sure my old Llewellyn is going to need a ramp when the Tremor gets here.
12 year old Lab. I lift her, or a ramp for sure. View attachment 14148
Awesome, good looking old man!! mine comes with me for chores every morning. Trots along and has a ball! Crap, I got Something in my eye, just love um!View attachment 14149His age and years of service have earned him a ride in the back seat of the f150 but not the Tremor.
Rephrase, at least the Z series does.Can someone take some pics of the latching mechanism of the are z series back door.
thanks!
The leer has exposed cables when shut that my dog jumps up to look out and pops open the rear door.