Camper Shell Options for Super Duty Tremor

Picking up my Leer shell in the morning.

Any tips for specific things I should look for before accepting delivery and install?
Look, & inspect the entire topper over really close prior to install.
And buy the best rubber weather seal you can buy, best $$$ spent. Do Not let the dealer install the junk foam tape weather sealer, it flattens out quickly.
Ask for the rubber seal upgrade, he should sell it. DO NOT let the installer stick the weather seal to your trucks bed rail. Talk to him and explain your expectations.
The weather seal needs to be stuck to the bottom rail of the topper NOT your truck bed rail. (Don’t let the installer tell you that’s not the way we usually do it) If you ever want to remove the topper you won’t have weather seal and glue residue to remove from your plastic bed rail.

Also make certain the installer is excellent at his craft. Issues that arise are usually from half ass, lazy ass sloppy installs. Leaks, or topper bottom edges rubbing the paint on your bed rail. It’s all about the install. Check the paint and clear coat, make sure all the widows work properly. Ask how your rear topper brake light is wired to the truck. It shows your installer your expectations and attention to all details.

If you go back several pages and read about my topper install you will see the rubber seals I purchased on Amazon, these are the best you can buy, no leaks.
Check and make dam sure that it’s all perfect before you pay the final bill.
Remember ....It’s all about the install. ??????
 
Last edited:
I have a leer on my current ride, it's been great. But I'm planning to get a Caravan camper top from Reno NV for the Tremor. Check them out...

Caravan Shells are the Best. Perfect Shell for the Tremor. Post pics' !!
 
On the question of Camper shells, I wanted to chime in..I have a Snugtop that I put on my 2018 Dodge right after I got it new. I have been disappointed in it, it seems to leak dust and a little moisture, also once the weather turns cold the back door struts wont hole the door in the open position, very frustrating..
 
Got my top back from paint. I love the new Iconic silver. Still got to do some moving around to make sure it is centered correctly though
D0682BD5-E65D-4CF2-B084-57622216A0AD.webp

259BD92A-6FE8-4FA3-820F-0445CB575883.webp
 
Saw this one on Stage 3 Motorsports. For more than one reason it’s pretty sweet!
 

Attachments

  • 6A77CB17-C204-4FCC-ABE0-10367DA6C6A2.webp
    6A77CB17-C204-4FCC-ABE0-10367DA6C6A2.webp
    215.8 KB · Views: 434
  • 2C97A34B-551F-43FB-A7DF-85E61DE4E54B.webp
    2C97A34B-551F-43FB-A7DF-85E61DE4E54B.webp
    152.2 KB · Views: 431
I'll sell my ARE. I have two new gooseneck trailers so I will be taking mine off this weekend. $2500 obo Fully loaded ARE. Sorry, the pictures are the most recent from me getting my truck stuck out in one of our hay fields a few weekends back. I am in Washington State and can work out delivery with in reason.
 

Attachments

  • tempImageqg270F.webp
    tempImageqg270F.webp
    592.3 KB · Views: 421
  • tempImagewrNani.webp
    tempImagewrNani.webp
    468.6 KB · Views: 414
  • tempImageQ37jJC.webp
    tempImageQ37jJC.webp
    691.1 KB · Views: 418
I'll sell my ARE. I have two new gooseneck trailers so I will be taking mine off this weekend. $2500 obo Fully loaded ARE. Sorry, the pictures are the most recent from me getting my truck stuck out in one of our hay fields a few weekends back. I am in Washington State and can work out delivery with in reason.
Awesome picture of getting stuck right up to the axles!
 
Awesome picture of getting stuck right up to the axles!
That’s going down hill too! We used a 100 hp tractor to pull me out and drag me back to the road. The tractor got stuck just getting down to me. There was water everywhere on this hill. I’ve never seen anything like it.
 
That’s going down hill too! We used a 100 hp tractor to pull me out and drag me back to the road. The tractor got stuck just getting down to me. There was water everywhere on this hill. I’ve never seen anything like it.
When you get the tractor stuck just trying to get to where your truck is stuck, THAT's TOTALLY BADASS! Nobody can talk any shit about that! ?
 
It sucked. I spent three hours cleaning the undercarriage with a pressure washer. Then I spent another hour on a creeper pulling huge chunks of mud out of every nook and cranny under my truck after it all dried.
 
It sucked. I spent three hours cleaning the undercarriage with a pressure washer. Then I spent another hour on a creeper pulling huge chunks of mud out of every nook and cranny under my truck after it all dried.
I realize it sucked. But at least it took more than a Chevy to pull you out. ?
 

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom