Camper Shell Options for Super Duty Tremor

I like it. Well thought out, well made. Couple of edges dented in shipping, but easily tapped into place. Looks good on the truck, IMHO. Dogs will be cozy the rest of the winter......

View attachment 11856View attachment 11857View attachment 11858
Any pics of the rear window before you (very neatly) installed the dog crates? Also, I see a 3rd brake light up there, do the lights from the back of the Cab still work to illuminate the inside of the cap. And the camera??

Thanks, I'm seriously considering this and would appreciate any feedback you have!

Also, love what you've done with the truck!
 
No pics before, but there is a sight window in the cap. The lights do shine through, don’t have the camera system but I imagine you could see through. There is also a slider on the cap. The bed lights are above my drawer system and they work well for my situation also! Hope this helps.
6D3820B3-1E4A-4040-BC42-8FB21F39EE06.webp
 
No pics before, but there is a sight window in the cap. The lights do shine through, don’t have the camera system but I imagine you could see through. There is also a slider on the cap. The bed lights are above my drawer system and they work well for my situation also! Hope this helps.
View attachment 13080
It looks well built! Are you happy with the fit and finish? Have you leak tested it? Want is the weight of the cap? I would like to see how the rear door looks when closed. Where are these made?
Thanks!
 
It looks well built! Are you happy with the fit and finish? Have you leak tested it? Want is the weight of the cap? I would like to see how the rear door looks when closed. Where are these made?
Thanks!
Fit and finish is very good, I did assemble and install myself, they are produced in South Africa. I bought mine from Off-road Alliance.com, they are a US distributer. powder coated Stainless, with a static load of #770 ish.... No official leak test but I have not seen any water inside. Took 4 of us to lift it and place on the bed rails . I would guess just over 300 pounds.
02F81332-7C3F-47A0-90A5-D09C1E7147B6.webp
42CB6B70-D6F9-469D-A654-93FF299A853F.webp
6D1CF565-4F29-4741-83B1-724E93A419A2.webp
 
Fit and finish is very good, I did assemble and install myself, they are produced in South Africa. I bought mine from Off-road Alliance.com, they are a US distributer. powder coated Stainless, with a static load of #770 ish.... No official leak test but I have not seen any water inside. Took 4 of us to lift it and place on the bed rails . I would guess just over 300 pounds.
View attachment 13110View attachment 13111View attachment 13112
Not a big fan of toppers but this one looks mean and stealth.
 
@ftchmup that looks sweet. Did you go with any additional options? Like side boxes or anything? How much did that run?
 
@ftchmup that looks sweet. Did you go with any additional options? Like side boxes or anything? How much did that run?
Looking for a flat rack for the roof, want to add some airing lights for the dogs and my old eyes. May get the table that tucks under the roof. Or make a fishing pole holder in that space. Did not opt for any side Windoor accessories, this is mainly for the pups and need access to the kennels. $3800ish. So far I like it and it‘s functionality.......

any ideas on the flat rack, too many options....?
 
... there is a sight window in the cap. The lights do shine through, don’t have the camera system but I imagine you could see through...”
View attachment 13080
A rear sight window sounds awesome! That’s a game changer that I honestly hope they didn’t patent because it would be a great idea for other manufacturers to start implementing.
 
Looking for a flat rack for the roof, want to add some airing lights for the dogs and my old eyes. May get the table that tucks under the roof. Or make a fishing pole holder in that space. Did not opt for any side Windoor accessories, this is mainly for the pups and need access to the kennels. $3800ish. So far I like it and it‘s functionality.......

any ideas on the flat rack, too many options....?
How long was the lead time from order to delivery? Also, how does the rear glass look from the inside. Is there a way to close/open the latches from the inside if you wanted to use it to sleep inside?
 
Does anyone have experience with a Ranch camper shell such as the Ranch Icon? I was planning on an ARE Z series however they seem to be running around 12 weeks for delivery where the Ranch brand is available in 3 to 4 weeks. Our first long road trip is planned for 5 weeks from now and it sure would be convenient if we had the camper shell installed in time.
 
I just ordered an A.R.E CX canopy with outdoorsman vented windoor option, sliding front door and roof racks. Should be here in April.

A couple things I learned that may help others:

The Overland model is just the basic V model canopy but with the black stripe.

If you want the vented windoor option like I did, you can get V, CX, or Overland models only.

The CX is the V except that the side windows are recessed on the CX and flush on the V. It also has some finishes that are options on the v, but standard on the CX.

If you tell them you are ordering for a truck you don't have yet, they will make you pay in advance for it. See Ironman for details of why.

It is 13 to 15 weeks lead time right now where I live.

And because people always want to know, it cost $3110 for mine.
 
I just ordered an A.R.E CX canopy with outdoorsman vented windoor option, sliding front door and roof racks. Should be here in April.

A couple things I learned that may help others:

The Overland model is just the basic V model canopy but with the black stripe.

If you want the vented windoor option like I did, you can get V, CX, or Overland models only.

The CX is the V except that the side windows are recessed on the CX and flush on the V. It also has some finishes that are options on the v, but standard on the CX.

If you tell them you are ordering for a truck you don't have yet, they will make you pay in advance for it. See Ironman for details of why.

It is 13 to 15 weeks lead time right now where I live.

And because people always want to know, it cost $3110 for mine.
ordered A.R.E MX on 10/16, just had it delivered yesterday and installed Monday
 
Does anyone have experience with a Ranch camper shell such as the Ranch Icon? I was planning on an ARE Z series however they seem to be running around 12 weeks for delivery where the Ranch brand is available in 3 to 4 weeks. Our first long road trip is planned for 5 weeks from now and it sure would be convenient if we had the camper shell installed in time.
I ended up scrapping the Camper Shell idea for the time being. I ordered a Retrax Pro XR from tonneau factory outlet. They sold it to me for $320 off MSRP and free shipping with no sales tax. Should arrive in 2-3 weeks. (I am thinking 4 to be safe)
 
I had the SnugTop Outback on my 2015. I custom ordered it and took about 5 weeks. I loved it and honestly kind of miss it.

I can't have a camper shell on the Tremor because of my 5th wheel.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2984.webp
    IMG_2984.webp
    140.1 KB · Views: 316
  • IMG_2987.webp
    IMG_2987.webp
    128.6 KB · Views: 311
  • IMG_0522.webp
    IMG_0522.webp
    329.1 KB · Views: 306
  • IMG_0521.webp
    IMG_0521.webp
    359 KB · Views: 317
  • IMG_5175.webp
    IMG_5175.webp
    363.6 KB · Views: 309
...
It is 13 to 15 weeks lead time right now where I live.
...

Dang, and I thought the 6-8 week lead time that became 11 week lead time for SnugTop was crazy. Guess it's better than the 45 week lead time for the Four Wheel Campers.

By the way, I don't know why they quote lead times as weeks. This isn't a pregnancy. If it's 12 weeks tell me I'll be waiting 3 months. If it's 45 weeks, tell me I'll be waiting almost a year. ?
 

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom