Aftermarket Wheels & Tire size/offset photos

I guess I could have goggled it myself but thanks, some of you guys know this, plus quick tips and tricks are always helpful.

Based on that, my rim would be a positive offset, would you say?

1749161085488.webp
 
I guess I could have goggled it myself but thanks, some of you guys know this, plus quick tips and tricks are always helpful.

Based on that, my rim would be a positive offset, would you say?

View attachment 213107

If its Method, then it looks like +18 to me. Their SD offsets are +18, zero and -18 for 18” inch wheels. 17s and 20s have a few other offsets too.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_7947.webp
    IMG_7947.webp
    7.1 KB · Views: 34
I guess I could have goggled it myself but thanks, some of you guys know this, plus quick tips and tricks are always helpful.

Based on that, my rim would be a positive offset, would you say?

View attachment 213107
Have you thought about reaching out to Method directly?
 
If its Method, then it looks like +18 to me. Their SD offsets are +18, zero and -18 for 18” inch wheels. 17s and 20s have a few other offsets too.
Yes, it is a Method 305 and I think I do recall them being +18.
 
No, I never did consider that - how are they as far as customer service goes?
Contact Information:
Customer Service Features:
  • Fitment Guarantee: Method Race Wheels guarantees that their wheels are designed to match your vehicle's specifications.
  • Expert Advice: They offer a dedicated team ready to assist with expert advice, fitment questions, or exploring options.
  • Technical Support: You can contact them for technical support.
 
I ordered mine through my shop (https://www.meyerdistributing.com/) and he never did provide his original order sale invoice and both have been a pain to work with lately so I am just taking it on my own from here on out.

Your order says 17" wheels for 18" tires?
 
I ordered mine through my shop (https://www.meyerdistributing.com/) and he never did provide his original order sale invoice and both have been a pain to work with lately so I am just taking it on my own from here on out.

Your order says 17" wheels for 18" tires?
Oh wow. Good eye. That was the quote. In the end we did 18" wheels and Nitto instead of Falken (during COVID shortages)

Let me see if I have another
 
Oh wow. Good eye. That was the quote. In the end we did 18" wheels and Nitto instead of Falken (during COVID shortages)

Let me see if I have another
Everything was a PITA to get then.

I was waiting for CARLI and they were months out. I stumbled on an ICON 4" system and during that time, it was either that or wait 6-9 months minimum. Being as I had ICON before, I didn't even think twice about it and until this day, she's riding on ICON. No complaints.

My rims ordered in Oct of '21 didn't show up until March of 22. Likewise with the tires.

I remember.
 
Is this still the 305?
Yes sir...I went to Method website and put in 21 F350... in 18" wheel, the only offset offered for the 305 HD is 18mm

1749163583160.webp
 
How to Measure and Compare Wheel Offset
To ensure all your truck wheels have the same offset, follow these steps:
1. Remove the Wheel (Optional but more accurate):
• You can measure with the tire on, but removing it gives the most precise result.
2. Measure Total Wheel Width:
• Lay the wheel face down on a flat surface.
• Use a straight edge across the back of the wheel and measure the total width (from outer edge to outer edge) in millimeters.
3. Find the Centerline:
• Divide the total width by 2 to get the centerline measurement.
4. Measure from Hub Mounting Surface to Back Edge:
• Place the straight edge across the back of the wheel.
• Measure from the wheel’s mounting surface (where it contacts the hub) to the straight edge. This is your “backspacing”.
5. Calculate Offset:
• Subtract the centerline measurement from the backspacing.
• Offset (in mm) = Backspacing (A) – Centerline (B).
6. Repeat for Each Wheel:
• Compare the calculated offset for all wheels. If the numbers match, your wheels have the same offset.
Example Calculation
• Total width: 244 mm → Centerline: 122 mm
• Mounting surface to back edge: 175 mm
• Offset = 175 mm – 122 mm = +53 mm (positive offset).
 
Back
Top Bottom