2026 F350 Platinum Plus - Tune & Delete

Is there any risk on hitting the catch can with the nose of the diff?
 
Is there any risk on hitting the catch can with the nose of the diff?
Not at all. They are not in-line and it’s the perspective angle playing mind games! 😂

The catch can is higher and taking up less space in the same area as the DEF tank.

I’ll try and get you a better picture tomorrow.
 
Great write-up and photos—all praises due.

This is perfect for anyone on the fence, totally doable in your garage. No need to pay $200+ an hour at a shop when you can do it better yourself by following these guidelines. I’ve got a bit of a personal vendetta based on some experiences, if you couldn’t tell.

What bothers me most about CCV to atmosphere is the amount of vapor that comes out at times—it’s inconsistent but at times it can be very overwhelming. Not sure if that’s normal, but based on what you observed in just 300 miles, I’m guessing it is. I was going to do Venturi, but that was another thing I got screwed on, and now, a year and a half later, I don’t care—I’m leaving it as is plus I definitely do no want that them vapors being expelled out of my tail pipe. I would never-ever recommend this to anyone. If you're not doing a catch can, do not feed it into your exhaust and have the vapors expel via the end of the hose.

My hose dumps under the driver’s seat.

For those who don’t know, my truck’s use is far from standard stop-and-go driving. It spends a lot of time idling, which I suspect is the reason for the excessive vapors. The vapors themselves have no noticeable odor, but if you punch it with the windows down, you will catch a strong burning oil smell.
 
Last edited:
As Ford Karen I don't have anything to add.. But curious as your routing ? I likely wont delete for awhile but knowledge is good.
 
Great write-up and photos—all praises due.

This is perfect for anyone on the fence, totally doable in your garage. No need to pay $200+ an hour at a shop when you can do it better yourself by following these guidelines. I’ve got a bit of a personal vendetta based on some experiences, if you couldn’t tell.

What bothers me most about CCV to atmosphere is the amount of vapor that comes out at times—it’s inconsistent but at times it can be very overwhelming. Not sure if that’s normal, but based on what you observed in just 300 miles, I’m guessing it is. I was going to do Venturi, but that was another thing I got screwed on, and now, a year and a half later, I don’t care—I’m leaving it as is plus I definitely do no want that them vapors being expelled out of my tail pipe. I would never-ever recommend this to anyone. If you're not doing a catch can, do not feed it into your exhaust and vapors expel via the end of the hose.

My hose dumps under the driver’s seat.

For those who don’t know, my truck’s use is far from standard stop-and-go driving. It spends a lot of time idling, which I suspect is the reason for the excessive vapors. The vapors themselves have no noticeable odor, but if you punch it with the windows down, you will catch a strong burning oil smell.
So the External catch can is actually from my previous truck.

I started with the CCV Re-Route over the booster and down probably in the same general arrangement as most. Very quickly was unhappy with that yet and silly enough to believe that behind the front door line would solve it.

After two adjustments, I was happy and more importantly the boss was satisfied. I’ve found that DEF Tank rearward you cannot go wrong with where to exit.

When building this truck out the last week or so in the garage, I initially ran without the CCV to a dump near the spare tire. You could visibly see the “smoke” in the right light.

I was unhappy with that aspect so decided I’d run the external can on this application and test here for awhile.

Will be making a 1200 mile round trip soon and expect to have my decision on location once back and better fuel economy numbers.

This truck went from dealership into the garage and sat while parts were sourced and I had it all to start and finish. So no options have been formed in “only” 300 miles for clarity, I’m relying on lots of prior experience from previous trucks.

Thanks for the kind words and such a warm welcome. I spent 15 years as a member on Ford Trucks and the Ford Tremor community seems night and day thus far.
 
Last edited:
After a few questions, additional update added above:

** For the CCV Re-Route w/ Internal Catch can replacing the factory box & sensor. It’s capped with Shibby Plug and no codes or errors from that not being “connected” I’ve heard some concerns that might throw a code.

A tuner and parts manufacturers both advised this should cause no issue or codes.

Shoutout to @The Evil Twin for helping test that here and I provided the tuner with the code thrown on his rig so they could prep a correction if required.
 
Honestly, mine dumps to atmosphere just behind the front tire, and I don’t notice a thing. I’ve been hit in the head enough times that my olfactory sense might be lacking, but my wife has a nose like a bloodhound and she hasn’t said a thing.

She can smell a day beer on me at 6pm, and isn’t shy about mentioning it, but she has yet to complain that the truck “smells like something is burning.”
 
Ohhhhh, I'm telling Colonel Johnson Jr. of the North Carolina Highway Patrol about this! 🤪
 
Great write-up and photos—all praises due.

This is perfect for anyone on the fence, totally doable in your garage. No need to pay $200+ an hour at a shop when you can do it better yourself by following these guidelines. I’ve got a bit of a personal vendetta based on some experiences, if you couldn’t tell.

What bothers me most about CCV to atmosphere is the amount of vapor that comes out at times—it’s inconsistent but at times it can be very overwhelming. Not sure if that’s normal, but based on what you observed in just 300 miles, I’m guessing it is. I was going to do Venturi, but that was another thing I got screwed on, and now, a year and a half later, I don’t care—I’m leaving it as is plus I definitely do no want that them vapors being expelled out of my tail pipe. I would never-ever recommend this to anyone. If you're not doing a catch can, do not feed it into your exhaust and have the vapors expel via the end of the hose.

My hose dumps under the driver’s seat.

For those who don’t know, my truck’s use is far from standard stop-and-go driving. It spends a lot of time idling, which I suspect is the reason for the excessive vapors. The vapors themselves have no noticeable odor, but if you punch it with the windows down, you will catch a strong burning oil smell.
i thought a venturi reroute was supposed to the Crème de la crème in regardes to CCR reroutes - all around best option. Did you run into some chaos or what with yours? I heard installation angle and location though are of the upmost importance otherwise it can cause all kind of issues.
 
After a few questions, additional update added above:

** For the CCV Re-Route w/ Internal Catch can replacing the factory box & sensor. It’s capped with Shibby Plug and no codes or errors from that not being “connected” I’ve heard some concerns that might throw a code.

A tuner and parts manufacturers both advised this should cause no issue or codes.

Shoutout to @The Evil Twin for helping test that here and I provided the tuner with the code thrown on his rig so they could prep a correction if required.
Nice build, man. Glad I could perform some R&D help for you. May be false hope, but it would be awesome if a tune came out that was emissions- on with the exception of the CCV sensor.
For those that don’t know, somewhere along the line Ford added a pressure transducer in the CCV box. This gives feedback to the truck about the negative pressure generated by the intake to the CCV. it can’t be simply pulled off the box and left connected. It has to see a variable negative pressure or you’ll get a DTC.
 
Is there any risk on hitting the catch can with the nose of the diff?
Just took these if they help with perspective. No concerns here with clearance and I think it’s more protected behind the tank than the suggested mounting locations.

IMG_2352.webp


IMG_2351.webp


IMG_2346.webp
 
i thought a venturi reroute was supposed to the Crème de la crème in regardes to CCR reroutes - all around best option. Did you run into some chaos or what with yours? I heard installation angle and location though are of the upmost importance otherwise it can cause all kind of issues.
I thought the same at first but after running a hose end to the atmosphere and seeing how much vapor comes out of the crankcase, I definitely don’t want that coming out of my tailpipe. It’s bad enough having it vent from the hose end under my driver’s seat, filling the whole drive side area; I can’t imagine the attention it would draw from bystanders if all that vapor came from the tail.

The greyish-blue color instantly reminds me of early Lincoln Continentals cruising around with blown head gaskets.

My driving style is far from typical, which could explain it, but I’m perfectly fine with keeping the hose end at the frame so the oil mist and vapor just disappear.
 
The greyish-blue color instantly reminds me of early Lincoln Continentals cruising around with blown head gaskets.
Reminds me of school busses in the 90's. They all vented the crankcase to the atmosphere.
 
Back
Top Bottom