2026 F350 Platinum Plus - Tune & Delete

From what I understand, it goes under the block off plate which allows coolant to flow through those ports or holes allowing the coolant to run a tad cooler although I don't know of anyone actually doing that?

@JTredway @HeavyAssault would probably know more about that assembly

This must be a newer version of EGR block off plates
Like I pictured above, the plates are two piece and simply allow the coolant to flow. If you buy a one piece, it’s typically not going to be a flow through. I do not think it really matters. As @AZsurveyor mentioned, it helps with a few degrees but nothing major.

So once the EGR is fully removed for permanent maintenance, the bottom plate goes on and indexes into place. The top plate bolts on and is sealed with an o-ring providing the flow-through channel for coolant to pass through. There’s also a ln air bleeding port on the top plate to release any potential air in the system depending on how the system was drained and re-filled.

IMG_2359.webp

Flow-Through

IMG_2364.webp

Non Flow-Through

In the “non” the coolant had no route to flow. Just “dead heads” into the plate.
 
Last edited:
Like I pictured above, the plates are two piece and simply allow the coolant to flow. If you buy a one piece, it’s typically not going to be a flow through. I do not think it really matters. As @AZsurveyor mentioned, it helps with a few degrees but nothing major.

So once the EGR is fully removed for permanent maintenance, the bottom plate goes on and indexes into place. The top plate bolts on and is sealed with an o-ring providing the flow-through channel for coolant to pass through.

View attachment 273650
Flow-Through

View attachment 273652
Non Flow-Through

And either kit will come with the other required block off plates for the other EGR cross over pipes and if you do the SPE coolant re-route, you’ll not need the hose fitting and clamp.

The vacuum line can be followed from where it’s removed on EGR valve, down the body, follow the wiring harness under the intake and you’ll see the fitting it connects to.

Way cleaner to remove the whole vacuum line and cap it with the provided part there. Happy to get some pictures if you’d like for clarification.
 
And either kit will come with the other required block off plates for the other EGR cross over pipes and if you do the SPE coolant re-route, you’ll not need the hose fitting and clamp.

The vacuum line can be followed from where it’s removed on EGR valve, down the body, follow the wiring harness under the intake and you’ll see the fitting it connects to.

Way cleaner to remove the whole vacuum line and cap it with the provided part there. Happy to get some pictures if you’d like for clarification.
I will also be doing this in due time but we're non-HO and it's a little different as you mentioned in a few post back.
 
I will also be doing this in due time but we're non-HO and it's a little different as you mentioned in a few post back.
The only difference would be you will not have the turbo coolant lines.

EGR permanent maintenance is totally the same process as long as you get the right model year range block off plates kit.
 
My only concern would be if some how an over the air update came through and bricked the truck. I know you can turn them off, but I wish the tune file could permanently disable that feature. Did you run the 0 hp emissions off tune or did you add power to it?

Also curious as to your fuel economy, my deleted 21 got 19-20 on the highway with 37 inch tires. My new stock 26 gets a solid 20 stock on the highway ay 70mph.
Mine has been deleted for over 2 years (2024) and I’ve never had an issue with over the air updates
 
Y'all can flag this as the dumbest question of the year but I would like to be able to use the Ford App once again. I haven't used it since the truck was purchased and deleted it when I went my "own" way 9 months after.

How do I go about activing this? I honestly don't even remember how I set this up. Likely, it was the dealership.
 
Y'all can flag this as the dumbest question of the year but I would like to be able to use the Ford App once again. I haven't used it since the truck was purchased and deleted it when I went my "own" way 9 months after.

How do I go about activing this? I honestly don't even remember how I set this up. Likely, it was the dealership.
Open Ford Pass App and click the “vehicles” icon on the top left.

“Add Vehicle” and Scan VIN Sticker on the door jamb and I think follow the on screen prompts while in vehicle with engine running.
 
Last edited:
Open Ford Pass App and click the “vehicles” icon on the top left.

“Add Vehicle” and Scan VIN Sticker on the door jamb and I think follow the on screen prompts while in vehicle with engine running.
Toast Sticky - crack open a cold one on you!

I can't even remember what the app used to look like but I can see how having this app again can become so handy.

Over the air updates do not harm or corrupt tuning files for those of us runnig custom files?

Settings say I am up to date but they are also checked off as far as auto updates are concerned.
 
Toast Sticky - crack open a cold one on you!

I can't even remember what the app used to look like but I can see how having this app again can become so handy.

Over the air updates do not harm or corrupt tuning files for those of us runnig custom files?

Settings say I am up to date but they are also checked off as far as auto updates are concerned.

Never had issues with my previous trucks, understanding that OTAs have adapted in current years.

Current 2026 is up to date and auto updates is also turned off. I’ll reach out and see if I can get more details from a friend. Honestly not given this much thought.

There’s a decent amount of good stuff in there from what I’ve seen for the new trucks. The “Inhibit” option is one I’ve been wanting to try.

Glad that worked for you. 🤘🏻🤘🏻
 
From what I understand, it goes under the block off plate which allows coolant to flow through those ports or holes allowing the coolant to run a tad cooler although I don't know of anyone actually doing that?

@JTredway @HeavyAssault would probably know more about that assembly

This must be a newer version of EGR block off plates
That’s correct, just about keeping coolant moving and avoiding dead head
 
Any real world numbers on this or is this all hypothesis?
Probably nothing observable from us. Slightly cooler passenger head, thermostats won’t allow you to see anything tangible would be my guess but big thing is not deadheading coolant in spots letting factory path do it
 
Probably nothing observable from us. Slightly cooler passenger head, thermostats won’t allow you to see anything tangible would be my guess but big thing is not deadheading coolant in spots letting factory path do it
Well, I suppose it's worth the $100 to grab a kit and slap that piece under there.
 
Regarding the EGR plates seems to have been answered. There's an additional port on top of the plate to allow any air bleeding to occur after install as well.
Given some reasons ( me being a tad lazy) I left my EGR in place, removing the two EGR pipes and having the ends welded shut. So coolant flow is the same, any possible exhaust flow (heat???) is now gone.

IMG_4560.webp


IMG_4559.webp



For the SPE catch can : How does it vent?? I think I see an open port on the top, but wasn't sure if it's venting or not??? :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

:cool::cool:☕☕🇺🇲🇺🇲🇺🇲🇺🇲
 
Regarding the EGR plates seems to have been answered. There's an additional port on top of the plate to allow any air bleeding to occur after install as well.
Given some reasons ( me being a tad lazy) I left my EGR in place, removing the two EGR pipes and having the ends welded shut. So coolant flow is the same, any possible exhaust flow (heat???) is now gone.

View attachment 273704

View attachment 273705


For the SPE catch can : How does it vent?? I think I see an open port on the top, but wasn't sure if it's venting or not??? :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

:cool::cool:☕☕🇺🇲🇺🇲🇺🇲🇺🇲
I had the same concern when I first purchased this can for my old truck.

IMG_2368.webp


CCV vents into the can and then the gases vent back up and through the opening on the recessed part of the lid.

IMG_2370.webp


IMG_2369.webp


*Corrected “vapor”
 
Last edited:
CCV vents into the can and then the vapor vents back up and through the opening on the recessed part of the lid.

So you are relying in crankcase pressure to push the vapors all the way back to the rear of the truck??? :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

:cool::cool:☕☕🇺🇲🇺🇲🇺🇲🇺🇲
 
So you are relying in crankcase pressure to push the vapors all the way back to the rear of the truck??? :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

:cool::cool:☕☕🇺🇲🇺🇲🇺🇲🇺🇲
Might be a bit early for my brain.

So the CCV re-route engine side has an “internal” catch can for collecting oil vapor and dripping back in the engine.


The hose then is used to route the combustion gases (smoke) outside or to a catch can.

If venting to atmosphere, you’ll be able to see that smoke if you look or pay attention to it.

If venting to an external type catch can, those gases and any potential vapor left would enter the can and the gases would escape out the vented opening.

Oil vapors remain and on “x” frequency, you’ll can crack the drain port and remove anything contained.


With old and current trucks no issues with the “venting” making its way to external can around DEF Tank area or to atmosphere near spare tire. There was far more pressure than I suspected there would be. Nothing I’ve measured for comparison.

Better than all that back into my engine🙄
 
Last edited:
Might be a bit early for my brain.

So the CCV re-route engine side has an “internal” catch can for collecting oil vapor and dripping back in the engine.


The hose then is used to route the combustion gases (smoke) outside or to a catch can.

If venting to atmosphere, you’ll be able to see that smoke if you look or pay attention to it.

If venting to an external type catch can, those gases and any potential vapor left would enter the can and the gases would escape out the vented opening.

Oil vapors remain and on “x” frequency, you’ll can crack the drain port and remove anything contained.


With old and current trucks no issues with the “venting” making its way to external can around DEF Tank area or to atmosphere near spare tire. There was far more pressure than I suspected there would be. Nothing I’ve measured for comparison.

Better than all that back into my engine🙄

So the short version is yes, you are still relying on crankcase pressure to "vent" out of/to the can. If there is any additional vapors/oil not returned by the "internal catch can" it's supposed to travel along what....10+ feet of hose to the can. Cooling along the way?? Returning to liquid/collecting along the hose???
Even with just "venting pressure" you still are making the crankcase pressurize 10+ feet of hose, then a catch can to properly vent to the atmosphere.

I'm not saying it's a bad setup or you have made some sort of mistake. It's just a lot of added on things that seem to make the process more than it should be.

:cool: :cool: :coffee: :coffee: 🇺🇲 🇺🇲 🇺🇲 🇺🇲
 
So the short version is yes, you are still relying on crankcase pressure to "vent" out of/to the can. If there is any additional vapors/oil not returned by the "internal catch can" it's supposed to travel along what....10+ feet of hose to the can. Cooling along the way?? Returning to liquid/collecting along the hose???
Even with just "venting pressure" you still are making the crankcase pressurize 10+ feet of hose, then a catch can to properly vent to the atmosphere.

I'm not saying it's a bad setup or you have made some sort of mistake. It's just a lot of added on things that seem to make the process more than it should be.

:cool: :cool: :coffee: :coffee: 🇺🇲 🇺🇲 🇺🇲 🇺🇲
Oh no complaints here. The main goal of my setup was to move the gases being vented from near the fender well or drivers door area to somewhere my wife and daughters can’t be bothered by it when the door opens.

I will say that I was very surprised when I first installed the CCV Re-Route on my older truck and the oil vapor before and after the “internal catch can”

That thing makes a world of difference. The amount of oily vapor passing was near minimal by observing any collection under the fender or along the frame rail in vicinity vs before where you would get drips.

Once I installed the internal can and saw “my perceived” reduction, I extended and honestly didn’t see much of a difference. What appears to be same volume of gases coming out.

I’ve got no concerns with it but the conversation is always good.

What setup are you running?
 
What setup are you running?

Stock CCV (2023+) on a Pusher Piping kit.

If I were to do a catch can I'd run out to the can then back to the intake as OE designed. That way the can does the collection while the system runs as intended.

:cool: :cool: 🇺🇲 🇺🇲 🇺🇲 🇺🇲
 
Back
Top Bottom