Whipple Installed!

Well boys, I handed off the Whipple truck to another person in our company, so I’ll check in with any happening as the miles pile up, but have lost patience with the lack of get up and go in the lower gears, and the persistent check engine lights.

I have an f350 diesel being delivered tomorrow, should be tuned within a few days, and sadly, it will almost certainly be quicker than the Whipple truck is now.

My advice to anyone who is expecting tha advertised power, wait till tuning is available before buying and unlock the power with an aftermarket tune.

I’m not being all sour grapes here. It’s a fun truck and the blower is cool it’s just disappointing to me to be significantly slower than my previous tuned, power boost, or eco-boost, particularly the leisurely launch. Life is short time to pivot.
 
Well boys, I handed off the Whipple truck to another person in our company, so I’ll check in with any happening as the miles pile up, but have lost patience with the lack of get up and go in the lower gears, and the persistent check engine lights.

I have an f350 diesel being delivered tomorrow, should be tuned within a few days, and sadly, it will almost certainly be quicker than the Whipple truck is now.

My advice to anyone who is expecting tha advertised power, wait till tuning is available before buying and unlock the power with an aftermarket tune.

I’m not being all sour grapes here. It’s a fun truck and the blower is cool it’s just disappointing to me to be significantly slower than my previous tuned, power boost, or eco-boost, particularly the leisurely launch. Life is short time to pivot.
I'm sorry that the Whipple did not meet your expectations. Mine is a 🚀.
I can see the alure of the 6.7 that is deleted, however I'm still content that I can replace my long block for a lot less than a fuel system repair on the power stroke.
I would like to keep the Whipple tuning but increase the speed limiter to 110. For those short burst of thrill and excitement. I looked in to custom tuning and man the cost to benefit ratio just is not there for me.
I wonder what meth injection would bring to the table? I have not researched this as this moment. Just curiosity is peeking.
Anyways, I do hope you enjoy your powerstoke for many trouble free miles. And I appreciate the wealth of info you have provided to us gassers! Hopefully one day the tuning world can get all this sorted out.
 
Thanks!

Not sure what you are referring to with a 110 limiter? My Whipple truck is limited to 130 I believe…..

I won’t actually be deleting the PSD, just tuning it.

I’d love to see a dragy run of another Whipple F250. Mine, with a boost launch, was 14.0 1/4 mile, so a little slower than my previous Powerboost F150

I have decided to remove the Whipple before reassigning the truck. Whipple had offered me a refund, and I’m going to push for it.

I have to say though, this forum, and in particular this group stands apart as being a pretty awesome bunch. Cheers guys.

And yes, back into the world of diesel problems now lol.
 
Does anyone know the T MAP sensor part number? My truck is torn apart and Whipple didn't send me the sensor. ☠️ ☠️ ☠️ ☠️ ☠️
 
Does anyone know the T MAP sensor part number? My truck is torn apart and Whipple didn't send me the sensor. ☠️ ☠️ ☠️ ☠️ ☠️
On my packing list it says CX-2519. It’s a motorcraft part.
 
I zoomed in on the PDF and I saw GVZA-9F479-DA

Everything is closed any so I guess I'm dead till Monday.

I definitely was supposed to do a parts inventory but I did not
 
I zoomed in on the PDF and I saw GVZA-9F479-DA

Everything is closed any so I guess I'm dead till Monday.

I definitely was supposed to do a parts inventory but I did not
I get it, you are EXCITED to hear the Whipple whining away. But alas they are packed by one of the most faliable of all species. The human hand.
Spend this time checking over everything and inventoring all that is there. You can also get the plumbing done for the coolant while the space is open. Mounting the relay for the pump and what not. It will be worth it.
On a separate note I really need to figure out a way to reposition the the oil fill cap., get it away from the coolant resivoir.
 
Check for MAF screws and fuel Orings while you stuck.

For my 2024, the vacuum lines sent were wrong as well.

And the limiter on my 2024 was ~130MPH
 
Got this out of my shop manual.

With the aid of an assistant, use a Strap Wrench to install a new crankshaft pulley bolt.
Use the General Equipment: Strap Wrench
Torque :
Stage 1: 66 lb.ft (90 Nm)
Stage 2: Loosen: 360°
Stage 3: 129 lb.ft (175 Nm)
Stage 4: Tighten an additional : 150°
Thanks for this! My shipment came with the pinning kit but zero instructions!
 
I asked xrocket21 since he's installing his right now but others might have what I'm looking for.

I need pictures of the PCM connector and work that is done to pin 90. It's on page 39 of the instructions here.

1759697973134.webp



Ford "fixed" mine as part of a warranty fix on the passenger mirror and I need to change it back. I would appreciate being able to see some photos before I pop it open and work on it.

Here's a portion of the service report. The Whipple works fine but it was 162 degrees outside yesterday according to the truck.

1759698514649.webp
 
I can get you whatever you need tomorrow
 
Got this out of my shop manual.

With the aid of an assistant, use a Strap Wrench to install a new crankshaft pulley bolt.
Use the General Equipment: Strap Wrench
Torque :
Stage 1: 66 lb.ft (90 Nm)
Stage 2: Loosen: 360°
Stage 3: 129 lb.ft (175 Nm)
Stage 4: Tighten an additional : 150°
My pinning kit came with this:

we6GhJX.jpeg
 
I've called Whipple 4 times and emailed them twice and have not heard an answer. The Ford parts counter closes in 40 minutes. Awesome.
 

[email protected]​

This is the email I used when my coolant reservoir split. Calling them just had me create a email to the above address. It took not quite 24 hrs from them to reply back to my email. It is a infuriating system at best especially when you factor in the $$$$$ involved. However I had the reservoir the next day which it is still o top of my tool box due to the aluminum reservoir I installed in its place. No leaks now!!!
 

[email protected]​

This is the email I used when my coolant reservoir split. Calling them just had me create a email to the above address. It took not quite 24 hrs from them to reply back to my email. It is a infuriating system at best especially when you factor in the $$$$$ involved. However I had the reservoir the next day which it is still o top of my tool box due to the aluminum reservoir I installed in its place. No leaks now!!!
So, I called first, right when they opened at 11 my time and she told me to email that address and I did. All I need is the correct part number. I waited 4 hours and followed up on that email. Then I called and they were at lunch. Then there was no answer. Then I got a hold of them and she said she would put an ASAP on it.

Parts counter closes in 8 minutes.
 
So, I called first, right when they opened at 11 my time and she told me to email that address and I did. All I need is the correct part number. I waited 4 hours and followed up on that email. Then I called and they were at lunch. Then there was no answer. Then I got a hold of them and she said she would put an ASAP on it.

Parts counter closes in 8 minutes.
Bummer. I am pretty sure for my 2022 the MAP sensor is CX-2519. This has supposedly been supersceded by CX-2760. It may be easier for Whipple to confirm this is the correct PN vs trying to look it up. You would think a nearby dealer would have one in stock.

CX-2760 is the current Motorcraft part number that supersedes CX-2519. This is a Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP) Sensor, also known as a Turbocharger Boost Sensor, used in various Ford vehicles like the F-150 and Edge from model years around 2015 onward. It replaces earlier numbers including CX-2486, CX-2494, CX-2519, CX-2657, DV2Z-9F479-B, DV2Z-9F479-C, DV2Z-9F479-D, GV2Z-9F479-D, and PV4Z-9F479-A. The chain of supersessions for CX-2519 goes through PV4Z-9F479-A before reaching CX-2760.
 
Crazy part is the sensor is only used for pre-charge air temperature reading, it doesn't even input boost into the PCM....Hopefully Whipple get's back to you.

Really, they should have overnighted the part to you first phone call.
 

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom