Tremors Towing Things

It’s getting hot out West.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0567.webp
    IMG_0567.webp
    402.4 KB · Views: 42
Nice Imagine. I have the 2800 BH which model do you have
It's a 2500RL, we picked it up late last summer. We wore out a Premier 26RK dragging it to Alaska and back.
 
Hopefully the last trip with the gasser. 91
degrees and some steep grades made the 6.4 unhappy. 237 deg on coolant and 266 deg on oil before it started pulling timing. Transmission stayed below 200 so that was okay. 25 mph in a 55 once it started pulling timing. Was doing ok at 6k rpm in first until that.

6.7 shipped to Granger two weeks ago so hopefully next trip will have 1,200 ft-lb of torque instead of 430.

New WD hitch is awesome. I would recommend the BW Continuum over any of the Equalizer style hitches.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_4816.webp
    IMG_4816.webp
    422.4 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_4824.webp
    IMG_4824.webp
    367.2 KB · Views: 55
Picked up a new trailer that I can use with the additional towing capacity of the F350. It's a 7x20 equipment trailer with sides. Put it to use right after I got it and grabbed a load of Oak logs for firewood that was posted on FB. I think the wood was around 6,000lbs with another 3,000 of empty trailer weight. Pretty good test for the 9,900lb GVWR of the new trailer.

Pulling that weight was very comfortable on back roads and highway for the 75min ride home. Super impressed with the capabilities.

In the past I'd use my Tacoma and a slightly smaller trailer (6x12, 7k GVWR) and be right at or above the tow rating for both units.

1776127209570.webp


1776127446859.webp


1776127473771.webp



This is what I'd have to do with the old trailer and the Tacoma. Luckily, the poor little guy only has to pull the motorcycle trailers now.

1776127747701.webp
 

Attachments

  • 1776127019897.webp
    1776127019897.webp
    350.6 KB · Views: 7
  • 1776127075268.webp
    1776127075268.webp
    177.2 KB · Views: 5
Just picked up a grand design 345rtls today.. for you guys towing .. I have been looking to get some air bags put on in the truck.. your ideas? Thanks!
 
Back
Top Bottom