Tremors Towing Things

purdy sweet little buggy
Screenshot_20250518_235836_Gallery.webp
 
IRideWithJesus said:
...and powered parachute? (oh wait, only idiots fly those as I've been told...).
Very nice setup.
Shame you feel that way. I fly both. I guess only idiots jump out of perfectly good airplanes too....
I was the idiot that they were referring to.
My buddy and I were (supposedly) the first in the country to claim insurance (totaled) on a PPC back when the Buckeye 582 Rotax Dream Machines with the 'rainbow' Quantum(?) chutes were all the rage.
Tried one day to convince him that the winds weren't right...he ignored my plea/took off straight up...made an instant 180 degree turn pretty high up in the air...then flew straight back down in to the ground (flipped it)...and somehow walked away without a scratch.
The 2nd guy who taught us to fly and who eventually handed us our (cough) licenses?
Straight in to a sand dune (killed both he and his wife).
Our first training flights were less than an hour after a tornado had just went through.
The co-instructor up in the air with us in a separate machine was yelling to the instructor on the ground to get us both down. Landed for the first time at a 45 degree angle until a few feet above the ground where it straightened back out.
Probably the most pure fun doing anything that I have ever been blessed to experience hands down.
My Mom was a pilot for 50 some odd years who flew all over creation including in women's cross country air races (99's).

Now you being a pilot and my knowing (most) pilots like the back of my hand?...I just know that you are 'beyond' ever-so-impressed with that story (c'mon now admit it)...yet being a Scot and how we are(?)...I had to tell it anyways....;) :ROFLMAO:
 
Last edited:
I would love a cub, low and slow is what i'm all about.

I am so torn, the adventurer in me wants an FX3 Carbon Cub, but the misses will hate crawling in/out of it, and it's a two-man rig with a single purpose. In order to make her happy and get the most approval on spending wads of cash on the airplane every year, I'd be best served getting something fast to travel in and share with her. My choice there would be a mid-body Mooney M20. My compromise would be a Cessna 180 Skywagon, still worthy of travel in the region, holds four adults and gear, but can still do some backcountry stuff.

Cubs are pricey for what they are; anything 'Cessna' is triple what it should cost, and Mooney's are expensive to insure and cost more to work on. There's no simple answer here, but I need to make a decision soon while she's still "onboard" with the idea lol.
 
Just a couple of things.
 

Attachments

  • 20240802_164232.webp
    20240802_164232.webp
    298.7 KB · Views: 79
  • 20250303_182711.webp
    20250303_182711.webp
    125 KB · Views: 87
  • 20250318_134121_f229197f.webp
    20250318_134121_f229197f.webp
    201 KB · Views: 112
I am so torn, the adventurer in me wants an FX3 Carbon Cub, but the misses will hate crawling in/out of it, and it's a two-man rig with a single purpose. In order to make her happy and get the most approval on spending wads of cash on the airplane every year, I'd be best served getting something fast to travel in and share with her. My choice there would be a mid-body Mooney M20. My compromise would be a Cessna 180 Skywagon, still worthy of travel in the region, holds four adults and gear, but can still do some backcountry stuff.

Cubs are pricey for what they are; anything 'Cessna' is triple what it should cost, and Mooney's are expensive to insure and cost more to work on. There's no simple answer here, but I need to make a decision soon while she's still "onboard" with the idea lol.
Agreed. My dad's a retired airline/military pilot and has on/off buying his own thing. Financially it makes more sense for the aero club he's in, but me being selfish would love if he bought something since my aeroclub options are nil or crazy expensive for what they offer. I'm also aware of how much of a first world problem this all is lol.
 
Towing my boat since lifting the truck for the first time. Realized the safety chains were not long enough - fortunately, I had a spare pair I could use. Then the electric wires were too short. Thankfully, I had a trailer wiring kit in the garage so I could extend the wires.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_4896.webp
    IMG_4896.webp
    631.9 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_4897.webp
    IMG_4897.webp
    556.2 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_4903.webp
    IMG_4903.webp
    532.2 KB · Views: 69
Back
Top Bottom