Tremors Towing Things

Agreed. My dad's a retired airline/military pilot and has on/off buying his own thing. Financially it makes more sense for the aero club he's in, but me being selfish would love if he bought something since my aeroclub options are nil or crazy expensive for what they offer. I'm also aware of how much of a first world problem this all is lol.

Yea, I am in a club at the moment where I rent and I have a few friends with planes that I get to fly in occasionally. In the end, it’s usually a wash on renting versus owning, the only real advantage to owning your own is the freedom of going whenever you want and knowing the exact condition and treatment of the airframe you’re flying.

The biggest risks of owning are the unexpected costs at annual and the failures that lead to major repairs and overhauls that you might not be budgeted for. I have access to a nice 182 in the club, but I fear getting attached to a club plane because it could be gone tomorrow should the owner pull it. I don’t want to get dependent on a plane that isn’t always available and doesn’t carry a guarantee of access longevity.
 
IMG_3427.webp
IMG_3445.webp
IMG_3482.webp
 
Heading back up at my brothers cabin again to do the final cleanup.
Graded out the driveway. So we can put down fabric and 60 tons of rock in a couple weeks.

View attachment 212670
Fabric definitely helps but check out Casoron 4G - works wonders for keeping gravel clear. I only have to put it down once a year in early spring.
 
Fabric definitely helps but check out Casoron 4G - works wonders for keeping gravel clear. I only have to put it down once a year in early spring.
Cool, good tip. The fabric is mostly for soil separation in this case. The ground is a lot of clay and the fabric keeps the gravel from getting pushed down when the clay is wet & swishy. Without fabric, we've had to add more gravel every couple years. With fabric, we shouldn't need more gravel for a long time.
 
Good call - clay sucks when it’s wet 😂

Don’t let Clay hear you talk about him like that. I think he once said he likes it when it’s wet! 😳
 
Towing my 24' enclosed home to serve as a temporary UTV/yard implement garage for the summer months reminds me of that game "Operation" that was at every garage sale back when I was a kid because it got boring so fast. I sucked at that game.

Thankfully I'm a little better at this version, where I try to dodge the metal mangler crooked growing trees that lean into the roadway and hunger for the top corners of the box, and the sidewall eviscerator rock outcroppings that feast on unwary trailer tires. 😆

Towing Operation.webp

.
 
Getting ready for a few days in Eastern Idaho...Ready for some outdoor activities.....
 

Attachments

  • 20250603_174727.webp
    20250603_174727.webp
    559.6 KB · Views: 54
My 2021 F250 during a quick towing stop at my in-laws place for lunch. I was enroute to drop-off my ‘76 Bronco Sport so both of my daughters attending college had it to go play in the beautiful Spring weather Northwest Arkansas enjoys. Admittedly, took me some time to say “yes” to their request, but in the end it was my desire for them to experience the same joy I get driving the “Big Red Truck” & hope great memories are made. *I was a great excuse to put new tires on it, for safety reasons of course;)
IMG_4977.webp
IMG_4976.webp
 
Had her a month now, 1200 miles, time to work the dog now.
Going camping for a few days. See how she pulls my Outdoor RV. Outdoor RV's are set way up high off the ground so the Tremor should make a good match. Little over 31 foot & 10,000 lbs.
Gonna be fun.
 
Back
Top Bottom