Tremors Towing Things

Came off the rubicon trail yesterday and found another tremor parked next to me!
1000011060.webp
 
One of my better "Man" days! 24 - 350 towing my 64 - 250.
 

Attachments

  • Loaded.webp
    Loaded.webp
    221.9 KB · Views: 101
  • Riverside.webp
    Riverside.webp
    380.8 KB · Views: 101
First time towing with my Tremor. Light load of lumber for building shelving for storage bins.
I can hear your Tremor now, "Come on dude...this is embarrassing! Even a Chevy can pull this load!" :ROFLMAO:
 
The Alpine Loop parking area, Lake City CO -- July 2024


PXL_20240717_154920389~2.jpg
 
Last edited:
Exactly! I'll step it up next time.
It's okay. My first tow was an empty single axle 5'x8" box trailer. I think the truck was confused because the camera saw a trailer but the scales couldn't detect it. Worst part was trying to back the dang thing it was so short coupled.
 
I tow a 600lb aluminum motorcycle trailer and a 2500lb FGRV on the regular, neither of which the truck recognizes as an actual load behind it lol. It's all good, no matter the weight, they tow it with ease.
 
Another 5 loads dumped in the driveway. Then hauled the mini-ex up to the cabin. Dug out 6 big stumps and hauled them away. Lots of work this weekend.

Have to say, this Tremor tows awesome. I've towed with other truck and I'm fine with towing on occasion. But I actually fine myself towing more often just because this truck tows a load so easy. Not sure what it is. Maybe the softer suspension, maybe the 10 speed, and the 7.3. Probably a little of each combined to make this truck a towing dream.

PXL_20240810_210728007.jpg
PXL_20240811_145643035.jpg
 
Another 5 loads dumped in the driveway. Then hauled the mini-ex up to the cabin. Dug out 6 big stumps and hauled them away. Lots of work this weekend.

Have to say, this Tremor tows awesome. I've towed with other truck and I'm fine with towing on occasion. But I actually fine myself towing more often just because this truck tows a load so easy. Not sure what it is. Maybe the softer suspension, maybe the 10 speed, and the 7.3. Probably a little of each combined to make this truck a towing dream.

View attachment 166736View attachment 166737
You weren’t the only one having a tree removal kind of day. Now I need to figure out how to add a mini like that to the stable.
IMG_7335.webp
 
You weren’t the only one having a tree removal kind of day. Now I need to figure out how to add a mini like that to the stable.

I like your style. :giggle:
I originally bought the mini-ex in order to clean up an old junk pile on my property. Was going to sell it right after I was done with that project.
That was 3 years ago. Now I couldn't live without the thing. I use it for everything. Makes cutting trees and loading so easy.
I never do anything by hand any more. So worth it.

PXL_20240313_163632682.webp
 
New guy here, but took the new (barely used) '24 Tremor camping this past weekend. Recently upgraded from '22 F-150 with Max Tow to feel safer with the family on the road. Towing a 37' travel trailer, only 9600 GVWR, but no payload for activities with the F150. Happy for the upgrade.

IMG_4496.webp
IMG_7509.webp
 
Do you have a lift? If so your pinion angle may be off.
 
No lift. Bone stock truck but 160k miles or so
Bent drive shaft? If the U joint was replaced and not rebalanced or not pressed in properly, it could be offset, or the yoke could have been bent. I had a similar issue with my 99 with a couple different U joint episodes, finally put a new drive shaft in. I could have got the old one re-balanced, etc. but the new driveshaft wasn't that much more money. It improved it immediately and I could feel the difference at high speed. No more (what I thought was normal) small vibrations.

Also check the differential yoke to make sure it does not have any slop when you turn or wiggle it back and forth, without the driveshaft attached. If the pinion nut was "adjusted" at any time to "fix" slop, it may have crushed the crush sleeve and messed up the gear meshing.
 
I like your style. :giggle:
I originally bought the mini-ex in order to clean up an old junk pile on my property. Was going to sell it right after I was done with that project.
That was 3 years ago. Now I couldn't live without the thing. I use it for everything. Makes cutting trees and loading so easy.
I never do anything by hand any more. So worth it.

View attachment 166769
I couldn’t agree more…
IMG_1777.webp
IMG_1029.webp
IMG_2061.webp
 

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom