Tremors Towing Things

Im probably screwed with the 5" BDS lift on finding airbags
If the BDS kit uses taller lift blocks that have bump stop tangs designed to work with the OEM bump stops the airlift bags will still work. The lower pedestals mount to those tangs. You might need some longer hardware.

You could also go with PMF lift blocks with the built in air bag mounts. They can make them whatever height you need.
 
My 24 foot car hauler got a little brother today! This unit I ordered a month ago came in recently and I got to bring it home today. This one's a little more half-ton friendly should my Tremor be otherwise occupied.

Stealth_16_Side.webp


Stealth_16_RRquarter.webp
 
2,4xx mile trip from S. Cal To St Anthony Sand Dunes with a stop on the way in Nephi UT. Great trip - 7.9 MPG towing 16,800 lbs. - 25,800 lbs. total weight - a load for sure. Mileage reflects wind and driving at speed limit - which is 75-80 in AZ, UT and ID - good for getting places, but not good for mileage!

Tremor - ATC - UT.webp
Tremor - ATC - SA.webp
 
2,4xx mile trip from S. Cal To St Anthony Sand Dunes with a stop on the way in Nephi UT. Great trip - 7.9 MPG towing 16,800 lbs. - 25,800 lbs. total weight - a load for sure. Mileage reflects wind and driving at speed limit - which is 75-80 in AZ, UT and ID - good for getting places, but not good for mileage!

View attachment 159490View attachment 159491
St. Anthony is still one of my favorite places to visit. My buddies and I were just talking about making the trek the other way to hit up Glamis.
 
This is on our way back home from our most recent trip... We left a bit earlier than planned to beat the storms that were forecasted. Ran into a few rain showers, some pretty heavy. Later that evening we saw that a tornado had touched down just a few miles away from our route right around the time we had originally planned to be thru that area. Glad we left early!!

PXL_20240605_144124239.webp
 
This is on our way back home from our most recent trip... We left a bit earlier than planned to beat the storms that were forecasted. Ran into a few rain showers, some pretty heavy. Later that evening we saw that a tornado had touched down just a few miles away from our route right around the time we had originally planned to be thru that area. Glad we left early!!

View attachment 159720
Glad you guys made it back safely. Definitely a good idea to check weather along a route and modify travels as required.
 
St. Anthony is still one of my favorite places to visit. My buddies and I were just talking about making the trek the other way to hit up Glamis.
Too hot now for Glamis - but let us know if you come down next season (late Oct - April) - love to meet you out there and do some riding!
 
Too hot now for Glamis - but let us know if you come down next season (late Oct - April) - love to meet you out there and do some riding!
Sounds great, hopefully can convince the better 1/2 to do Glamis in the short window from late October to mid December. After that, skii season takes over most of my free time.
 
How are you liking this custom trailer from VIMETAL? We have been looking at snagging one after our recent trip to Baja and seeing what these things were designed to survive. The custom features like the in floor storage box and fuel / water options are very appealing.
 
How are you liking this custom trailer from VIMETAL? We have been looking at snagging one after our recent trip to Baja and seeing what these things were designed to survive. The custom features like the in floor storage box and fuel / water options are very appealing.
Trailer has been great - only issue is the paint was a bit soft and thick in places - so d rings stuck to bed and then pulled up the paint. Otherwise as advertised.

Buying experience was great - whatever I asked for they said yes - a few days after my order the sent me a CAD drawing showing exactly what would be where etc. I had a specific swing jack I wanted to use and they said send us on and we will install no charge. I signed off and 10 weeks later picked it up in just over the border in Calexico.

If you are going to spend time in Baja off the grid or doing race support be sure and order the extra axle which they tuck up underneath - ready to go - so if you have an issue you can swap out in the outback and get back underway.
 
Trailer has been great - only issue is the paint was a bit soft and thick in places - so d rings stuck to bed and then pulled up the paint. Otherwise as advertised.

Buying experience was great - whatever I asked for they said yes - a few days after my order the sent me a CAD drawing showing exactly what would be where etc. I had a specific swing jack I wanted to use and they said send us on and we will install no charge. I signed off and 10 weeks later picked it up in just over the border in Calexico.

If you are going to spend time in Baja off the grid or doing race support be sure and order the extra axle which they tuck up underneath - ready to go - so if you have an issue you can swap out in the outback and get back underway.
The spare axle is a must down there. The trailer we dragged down survived all 3000+ miles I nearly lost the entire wheel/tire/hub when some bearings exploded just north of Camp Pendleton.

Getting away from fuel cans by having 50-100gallons below deck seems like a total luxury too. I have pricing for the 7k and 10k currently, but if we end up ordering I might shoot you a DM for what youd do again vs what you wouldnt.
 
The spare axle is a must down there. The trailer we dragged down survived all 3000+ miles I nearly lost the entire wheel/tire/hub when some bearings exploded just north of Camp Pendleton.

Getting away from fuel cans by having 50-100gallons below deck seems like a total luxury too. I have pricing for the 7k and 10k currently, but if we end up ordering I might shoot you a DM for what youd do again vs what you wouldnt.
Feel free!
 
Had to take our 305E to North AL last Monday. Mini-ex, 36" clean up bucket and hammer. Total load around 15K on the trailer. Tremor handled it well with a little squat.

IMG_6828.webp
 
Had to take our 305E to North AL last Monday. Mini-ex, 36" clean up bucket and hammer. Total load around 15K on the trailer. Tremor handled it well with a little squat.

View attachment 160258
Sure would have liked to have been able to find something in the 305 class for the weekend. Best I could get was a CX26C (little less than 1/2 the digging force) but beats digging by hand though.
IMG_7024.webp
 
Sure would have liked to have been able to find something in the 305 class for the weekend. Best I could get was a CX26C (little less than 1/2 the digging force) but beats digging by hand though.
View attachment 160334

Anything with hydraulics beats a shovel! People make fun of those tiny excavators for rent at Home Depot but everyone one of them beats a shovel hands down.
 
Back
Top Bottom