Tremors Towing Things

very nice. I’ve always wanted to tow two trailers just to see what it is like.
I'm not 100% but I believe this requires some sort of CDL or endorsements. I happen to have a CDL and before I left California I inquired about pulling doubles with a pickup. The CHP said it was legal but the first trailer had to be a gooseneck or fifth wheel. Since moving to Missouri I've seen people out here doing it with 2 bumper pull trailers. The law must be different out here.
 
I'm not 100% but I believe this requires some sort of CDL or endorsements. I happen to have a CDL and before I left California I inquired about pulling doubles with a pickup. The CHP said it was legal but the first trailer had to be a gooseneck or fifth wheel. Since moving to Missouri I've seen people out here doing it with 2 bumper pull trailers. The law must be different out here.
There's a few states that require some type of additional license for towing large trailers or driving large motorhomes but it only applies to residents of that state. They can't require special licenses from non residents.

The CDL Doubles/Triples endorsement has nothing to do with private vehicles double towing. That is a federal thing. RVs are up to the states to figure out so there's 50 different sets of rules. Some require the first trailer to be Gooseneck/5th Wheel. Some have overall length restrictions. Some require brakes on the second trailer while others don't.

I know they changed it a couple years ago in Wisconsin to require a CDL any time you have a gooseneck trailer and your GCWR of the truck/trailer exceeds 26,001 lbs. Doesn't matter if it's for personal use or not. This doesn't apply to RVs though. You can pull a 20,000lb 5th wheel behind a 10,000lb F450 and they won't care.
 
Dragged the SXS out to Moab, UT a couple weeks ago. 13.5mpg avg with the cruise set between 70-80mph. My old 6.2L would've been about half that for the same trip.
20230519_101040.webp
 
First camping trip of the year. Traded my GD Solitude 375RES for a Solitude 310GK. Wow what a difference pulling. Gained 1.3 mpg to boot. 2022 350 7.3L. Went from Western Wisconsin to Mackinaw City, Michigan.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2260.webp
    IMG_2260.webp
    153.6 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_2262.webp
    IMG_2262.webp
    278.3 KB · Views: 132
Hi all - anyone have experience with the Gen Y Boss? I'm curious if it really works and/or what people have to say about them.
 
24A9DE3C-B41D-496E-892E-8E6DD9930AAF.webp
I didn’t go through all of the 22 pages of pics but thought this one may be fairly original. Bought a new team this winter and was excited to get them going on a few different outfits this spring.
 
View attachment 121840I didn’t go through all of the 22 pages of pics but thought this one may be fairly original. Bought a new team this winter and was excited to get them going on a few different outfits this spring.
Impressive. I never saw a covered wagon being pulled by over 500 horses before.
 
Can’t see it but the Guadalupe is right behind.
38ft roughly 10k lbs. unloaded 44.5” ground to bottom of wheel well. Loaded with wdh, 42.75”
 

Attachments

  • IMG_5062.webp
    IMG_5062.webp
    556.6 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_5061.webp
    IMG_5061.webp
    387.6 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_5060.webp
    IMG_5060.webp
    429 KB · Views: 88
Anyone have input on using regular 5th wheel hitch versus slider hitch on short bed? RV dealer is telling me I need the slider but I am not convinced. Also, the camper I am looking at has Max Turn technology where they beveled the nose to make more clearance.
 
Back
Top Bottom