Tremors Towing Things

Hey Guys just put a deposit on a 2815 Genesis 5th wheel. Here are the specs. Tongue weight seems a bit heavy if it turns out to be accurate I’m pretty sure helper bags are in my future.

What are you guy towing without bags?

I have a non Tremor F250 with 4:30 and the overloads. View attachment 122700
Looks fun. Im curious, what’s your payload rating on your truck sticker?
 
Looks fun. Im curious, what’s your payload rating on your truck sticker?
Not close to enough. Pay load is only 2800. Rated for 16,900 fifth wheel. I doubt I will ever get close to 15k if I do it will be to go riding 30minutes away.
 
Not close to enough. Pay load is only 2800. Rated for 16,900 fifth wheel. I doubt I will ever get close to 15k if I do it will be to go riding 30minutes away.
You are going to be way over payload. Air bags don't add payload. Take your truck to a cat scale and get an accurate weight with a full tank of gas. Everything you have added to your truck whether bolted on, or under the seat takes away from your 2800 payload. Then add the weight of the 5th wheel hitch plus all your camping supplies, water tank etc in the camper.

My 7.3 350 has a payload of 3900, and you trailer would be cutting it close with my truck.

Sorry to burst your bubble.
 
Hey Guys just put a deposit on a 2815 Genesis 5th wheel. Here are the specs. Tongue weight seems a bit heavy if it turns out to be accurate I’m pretty sure helper bags are in my future.

What are you guy towing without bags?

I have a non Tremor F250 with 4:30 and the overloads. View attachment 122700
I frequently tow 2700lb pin weight without bags on a 2020 F350 Tremor. I would add bags if going higher, I notice when loaded too far forward starts to go nose high without bags. Depending on your options on the regular F250 will very likely need load aid (bags, sumo springs) since most non Tremor CCSB F250s get 3 leaf pack springs possibly 4 depending on options vs the heavier 5 leaf packs the Tremors receive. Disclaimer I am not condoning going over recommend payload just saying at that weight spring help will likely be needed. The listed 3200 Lbs pin weight would be right at my 2020 F350 maximum payload of 3826 with passengers and gear in the truck using scaled weights.
 
You are going to be way over payload. Air bags don't add payload. Take your truck to a cat scale and get an accurate weight with a full tank of gas. Everything you have added to your truck whether bolted on, or under the seat takes away from your 2800 payload. Then add the weight of the 5th wheel hitch plus all your camping supplies, water tank etc in the camper.

My 7.3 350 has a payload of 3900, and you trailer would be cutting it close with my truck.

Sorry to burst your bubble.
You are not bursting my bubble. I don’t put faith in door stickers. Please show me the difference in parts between your truck and mine that accounts for the 1,000lb difference.

Or we can skip the tow police discussion that side tracks every good forum and topic. And stick to what people ask about.
 
I frequently tow 2700lb pin weight without bags on a 2020 F350 Tremor. I would add bags if going higher, I notice when loaded too far forward starts to go nose high without bags. Depending on your options on the regular F250 will very likely need load aid (bags, sumo springs) since most non Tremor CCSB F250s get 3 leaf pack springs possibly 4 depending on options vs the heavier 5 leaf packs the Tremors receive. Disclaimer I am not condoning going over recommend payload just saying at that weight spring help will likely be needed. The listed 3200 Lbs pin weight would be right at my 2020 F350 maximum payload of 3826 with passengers and gear in the truck using scaled weights.
Thanks. I have the 4leaf pack. I’m going to pick it up and see how it does. I’m betting I will need bags with probably 20-25psi. I’m not to sure the brochure is accurate. Similar trailers the build have much lighter tongue weights.
 
You are not bursting my bubble. I don’t put faith in door stickers. Please show me the difference in parts between your truck and mine that accounts for the 1,000lb difference.

Or we can skip the tow police discussion that side tracks every good forum and topic. And stick to what people ask about.
As I said, even with a f350 your are pushing it. Do what you want, you have seemed to have made up your mind. It's not the "tow police" to tell you your assumptions are wrong. I've towed many trailers and 5th wheels over the years and it's no fun towing at or over limit.
 
Thanks. I have the 4leaf pack. I’m going to pick it up and see how it does. I’m betting I will need bags with probably 20-25psi. I’m not to sure the brochure is accurate. Similar trailers the build have much lighter tongue weights.
My experience with 5ers they tend to be rather pin heavy. I have read manufacturers tend to be conservative with toy haulers to ensure lodging a toy in the rear behind the axles doesn’t drop pin weight to a less than ideal weight. Having a toy in back may actually help reduce the pin weight but not guaranteed. Only way to really know will be to load it up and try. I lost count of the posts where pin weight was drastically different, usually more but sometimes less than advertised.
 
As I said, even with a f350 your are pushing it. Do what you want, you have seemed to have made up your mind. It's not the "tow police" to tell you your assumptions are wrong. I've towed many trailers and 5th wheels over the years and it's no fun towing at or over limit.
Not my first Rodeo. I’ve had my commercial liscense with full endorsements. The nut behind the wheel is more important than the door sticker. F250’s and F350’s have almost exactly the same parts excluding spring packs. Long as you’re not doing something crazy everything will be fine.

If my setup scares you don’t go to glamis on any given weekend where guys are pulling 20k with their shortbed f250 on 37’s with very little experience. I will only be over payload nothing else.
 
Anyone have input on using regular 5th wheel hitch versus slider hitch on short bed? RV dealer is telling me I need the slider but I am not convinced. Also, the camper I am looking at has Max Turn technology where they beveled the nose to make more clearance.
Ended up going with the Reese slider, this is what RV dealer is installing.
 
Picking up my 22 Sprinter 25ML tomorrow, I will see how it pulls but may install these Timbrens.

Timbren Suspension Enhancement System - Rear Axle​

Item # TFR250SDJ

Trailer weights:
GVWR-12k
Dry-8750
Hitch-1770
 
My first love, my fondest memories in two vehicles.

Only one sold in Alaska. An original 1968 California Special. Does not exist in the California special books to this day. Single tittle owner. It's seen better days but has been garaged for the last 5 years as I wait to build money to begin the restoration.

1000003466.webp
 
You are going to be way over payload. Air bags don't add payload. Take your truck to a cat scale and get an accurate weight with a full tank of gas. Everything you have added to your truck whether bolted on, or under the seat takes away from your 2800 payload. Then add the weight of the 5th wheel hitch plus all your camping supplies, water tank etc in the camper.

My 7.3 350 has a payload of 3900, and you trailer would be cutting it close with my truck.

Sorry to burst your bubble.
This guy tells it straight, just need to tune in your Aussie English translator.

 
Back
Top Bottom