Tremors Towing Things

Anyone have input on using regular 5th wheel hitch versus slider hitch on short bed? RV dealer is telling me I need the slider but I am not convinced. Also, the camper I am looking at has Max Turn technology where they beveled the nose to make more clearance.
It depends on the RV setup. Some have an extended pin box that helps avoid the slider. Older models have very short pin boxes. I only have 2-3" clearance between the bumper and the camper in the towing mode. Once I slide it out, there is 8+ inches. I have no issues with my camper hitting the cab under normal conditions, like pulling out of the gas station where you may have a 60-80 degree angle to get back on the road.

You also want to get the most clearance between the top rail of the truck bed and the camper overhang. The pic shows about 3.5". I can adjust the pin box to the next setting and get almost 5" clearance.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2834.webp
    IMG_2834.webp
    37.1 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_2857.webp
    IMG_2857.webp
    102.9 KB · Views: 103
Quick question....
when towing these two Sea Doo watercraft on the aluminum trailer, do I need tow mode or can I run in normal mode?

I been using tow mode but seems like there is not much weight and the Tremor gets much better fuel consumption in normal.

IMG_2980.webp
 
Quick question....
when towing these two Sea Doo watercraft on the aluminum trailer, do I need tow mode or can I run in normal mode?

I been using tow mode but seems like there is not much weight and the Tremor gets much better fuel consumption in normal.

View attachment 122325
Interesting question. I can't wait for the answer.

I never used tow mode for my light trailers (2K and 7K) on my '21. I set them up with lengths and weights per the owners manual instructions the first time I hooked them up and never worried about it after that. I have not set up the '23 but was going to see if it worked the same.

My mileage was always better when towing. I just chalked that up to slowing down.
 
Pulls so much better than the Raptor did. Love this truck.
Nice boat!!

I noted the same when I first hooked up to my boat with the Tremor. World of difference between it and my former F-150.
 
Quick question....
when towing these two Sea Doo watercraft on the aluminum trailer, do I need tow mode or can I run in normal mode?

I been using tow mode but seems like there is not much weight and the Tremor gets much better fuel consumption in normal.

View attachment 122325

I’ll basically second what @VB! said. I’ve found that tow mode is unnecessary (and seems to use slightly more fuel and a lot more DEF) with lighter weight trailers and payloads. I think you will be quite pleased with your beast’s ability to yank those toys around with little effort.

Enjoy your summer my friend, and post us a few shots of the action!
 
hate to ruin the party... get your truck checked

2020 F350 with 6.7 and 38,000 miles
Transmission recall #NHTSA 22S22/22V256
The thrust washer on the P4 output planetary gear may fail suddenly and contaminate the whole transmission.

I just got the bad/good news about my transmission. They need to replace the whole thing. I didn't notice anything different; no bumps, thumps, or grinding.

I had been waiting on Ford to get the parts for the recall. They have delivered the parts to the dealers, make sure you get the transmission inspected. Be prepared to be without your truck for a few days. the dealer did set me up with a rental car on their nickel.

Maybe this is already on some other thread, I looked but nothing popped up.
 
Could you let me know which hitch system you use?

Thanks
I use the BulletProof 3.0" HEAVY DUTY 4″ DROP/RISE HITCH (that’s what you see in the photos above with the 28 foot enclosed cargo trailer).

I also have the 8” drop hitch for smaller trailers but have only ever used it once (on a small horse trailer).

As a side note, I use the BulletProof Heavy Duty WDH Adapter as well with the hitch head for my Reese hitch when pulling my RV - it’s awesome.

Another tip, if you want to add an R-clip (for peace of mind) to the BulletProof locking hitch pins, check this post out:
Post in thread '22 Black Bear 🐻 Build'
https://www.fordtremor.com/threads/22-black-bear-build.9427/post-243430
 
I use the BulletProof 3.0" HEAVY DUTY 4″ DROP/RISE HITCH (that’s what you see in the photos above with the 28 foot enclosed cargo trailer).

I also have the 8” drop hitch for smaller trailers but have only ever used it once (on a small horse trailer).

As a side note, I use the BulletProof Heavy Duty WDH Adapter as well with the hitch head for my Reese hitch when pulling my RV - it’s awesome.

Another tip, if you want to add an R-clip (for peace of mind) to the BulletProof locking hitch pins, check this post out:
Post in thread '22 Black Bear 🐻 Build'
https://www.fordtremor.com/threads/22-black-bear-build.9427/post-243430
Thanks, that is what I was leaning towards to begin with. Will be towing a 16' enclosed at around 9,500 lbs and didn't like using the 8" hitch due to clearance so the 4" makes great sense. I am debating whether to use a WDH for that trailer due to the length (being a smaller wind target). I will check out the R-clip. Thanks again
 
Could you let me know which hitch system you use?

Thanks
The Patriot 18K slider by B&W
7.3L? How does a camper that size do towing and what kind of mpg?
It is the 7.3 and you can barely tell its back there. I can go about 180 miles per tank. And it's not that much better when I'm not towing. 7 towing, 9 city, 12 hwy - but it sure is fun.
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_20230606_204633_Photos.webp
    Screenshot_20230606_204633_Photos.webp
    184.2 KB · Views: 75
  • Screenshot_20230606_204644_Photos.webp
    Screenshot_20230606_204644_Photos.webp
    240.2 KB · Views: 79
Anyone have input on using regular 5th wheel hitch versus slider hitch on short bed? RV dealer is telling me I need the slider but I am not convinced. Also, the camper I am looking at has Max Turn technology where they beveled the nose to make more clearance.

I use a Reese goosebox on my Tremor with a Momentum TH. It should have about the same clearance as a standard fifth wheel hitch. I haven't had any issues with it. In fact, I can get enough angle with the trailer that I feel I am shoving it sideways too much as it is. The front cap design will play a big part in how much room you have. As long as you keep an eye on it it works fine.

 
I use a Reese goosebox on my Tremor with a Momentum TH. It should have about the same clearance as a standard fifth wheel hitch. I haven't had any issues with it. In fact, I can get enough angle with the trailer that I feel I am shoving it sideways too much as it is. The front cap design will play a big part in how much room you have. As long as you keep an eye on it it works fine.

The biggest advantage for me is when hooking up with slider in the rear position I have full view of hitch and pin height and alignment. When in front position I can only use camera and guidance. I don't think it's mandatory but a nice option to have.
 
I had that issue on my 2018 F150 and it happened on my sons 2020 F250 Tremor. I found that I had to run a ground wire from the trailer to the truck frame. So it could have been a grounding issue. It was trying to ground from the trailer to hitch ball connection and aluminum hitch’s don’t do that. Probably was my trailer wiring. But with the ground wire it was all good.
Take the plug apart behind the bumper, clean it, grease it with dielectric grease, reinstall. After completely rewiring my trailer connection, I tried that and it worked.
 
Hey Guys just put a deposit on a 2815 Genesis 5th wheel. Here are the specs. Tongue weight seems a bit heavy if it turns out to be accurate I’m pretty sure helper bags are in my future.

What are you guy towing without bags?

I have a non Tremor F250 with 4:30 and the overloads.
IMG_3072.webp
 
Back
Top Bottom