Tremors Towing Things

Bulletproof with an equalizer hitch?

Husky Center Line TS with spring bars strapped to a Bulletproof heavy-duty weight distribution adapter and a Bulletproof 3" extreme duty 8" drop hitch—a bit of an overkill but better safe than upside down on the highway. ​

 

Husky Center Line TS with spring bars strapped to a Bulletproof heavy-duty weight distribution adapter and a Bulletproof 3" extreme duty 8" drop hitch—a bit of an overkill but better safe than upside down on the highway. ​

I did the same setup! 👍👍👍
 
Towing then being towed. Fuel leak. They never told me where it broke but looked to be back upper engine. Tows good!
 

Attachments

  • 1A3CDD56-417F-4CCF-B603-3664645CF36A.webp
    1A3CDD56-417F-4CCF-B603-3664645CF36A.webp
    377.1 KB · Views: 196
  • BFCF94F5-9D80-42D9-A599-9A5DDF1B5136.webp
    BFCF94F5-9D80-42D9-A599-9A5DDF1B5136.webp
    493.2 KB · Views: 198
  • 6AF57E49-4BD5-4B99-820E-CE4BFD75BB03.webp
    6AF57E49-4BD5-4B99-820E-CE4BFD75BB03.webp
    354.3 KB · Views: 185
  • 3D5569E7-0143-48B1-B179-F3E18BA6ECFE.webp
    3D5569E7-0143-48B1-B179-F3E18BA6ECFE.webp
    498 KB · Views: 195
Last edited:
Towing then being towed. Fuel leak. They never told be where it broke but looked to be back upper engine. Tows good!
Does that white PJ gooseneck have super single tires? If so I've never seen them on a trailer that wasn't a big rig before.
 
Does that white PJ gooseneck have super single tires? If so I've never seen them on a trailer that wasn't a big rig before.
It has 3 x 8k axels. I believe it has 14 ply 235/80r16s for tires, Elec/hyd disc brakes. I have an older 24' with the same axel set up. We haul B&B Trees on them. If we fully load the 24' total gross is around 35,500lbs. We pull that with a 2006 F450 (cab and chassis) with a 16k GVWR. My 22' F350 dually would be within a few hundred pounds of being over weight on the rear axel with either completely loaded with trees. Love the White PJ, mostly bought it so we could easily load equipment when needed. The Monster Ramps are very convenient.
 
What model Momentum? Ive got my eye on a 31G. Do you like it? Any issues?
Holy crap! I didn't realize it had been this long since I posted1 It is a 21G and we love it. Just the right size for us anyway. No issues at all. I hope this finds you well!!
 
Can anyone help with a "Trailer Disconnected" message? When Im towing my travel trailer, I keep getting that message. I get out to check, and everything looks fine. No matter how hard or how many times I plug back into the truck's receptacle, it keeps giving that message. I checked the truck's plug and wires, and everything looks good. I had the 7-pin cord replaced on my trailer the other day, and message came up again when I was towing it back to my house,,,. Any suggestion will be greaty appreciated.
 
Can anyone help with a "Trailer Disconnected" message? When Im towing my travel trailer, I keep getting that message. I get out to check, and everything looks fine. No matter how hard or how many times I plug back into the truck's receptacle, it keeps giving that message. I checked the truck's plug and wires, and everything looks good. I had the 7-pin cord replaced on my trailer the other day, and message came up again when I was towing it back to my house,,,. Any suggestion will be greaty appreciated.
I've read on here there were a couple folks ended up having to get the realy replaced, other than that I'm of no help.
 
Can anyone help with a "Trailer Disconnected" message? When Im towing my travel trailer, I keep getting that message. I get out to check, and everything looks fine. No matter how hard or how many times I plug back into the truck's receptacle, it keeps giving that message. I checked the truck's plug and wires, and everything looks good. I had the 7-pin cord replaced on my trailer the other day, and message came up again when I was towing it back to my house,,,. Any suggestion will be greaty appreciated.
Was your truck affected by the recall for this? I had it a few times before I took it in and they did something (I believe reflashing something). Haven't really towed since then so not 100% it's fixed but hoping so.
 
Can anyone help with a "Trailer Disconnected" message? When Im towing my travel trailer, I keep getting that message. I get out to check, and everything looks fine. No matter how hard or how many times I plug back into the truck's receptacle, it keeps giving that message. I checked the truck's plug and wires, and everything looks good. I had the 7-pin cord replaced on my trailer the other day, and message came up again when I was towing it back to my house,,,. Any suggestion will be greaty appreciated.
Dielectric grease on the 7 way may help it stay seated. I use a little on the plug face and havent had any issues (knock on wood:)
 
Dielectric grease on the 7 way may help it stay seated. I use a little on the plug face and havent had any issues (knock on wood:)
Mine is doing the same thing, and this is exactly what I was thinking to try. Following…
 
Was your truck affected by the recall for this? I had it a few times before I took it in and they did something (I believe reflashing something). Haven't really towed since then so not 100% it's fixed but hoping so.
No recall. Today was the first time I took in for that. They said they tested the plug with a
Dielectric grease on the 7 way may help it stay seated. I use a little on the plug face and havent had any issues (knock on wood:)
I actually just bought some. Also read that that a wire connection that leads to the towing plug under the spare tire might be the cause. They said they opened it and noticed there was debris and moisture. Cleaned it and packed it with dielectric grease and problem solved. Thanks to all for the suggestions
 
Yes, you can. It is necessary to hook up the 5th wheel.
 
Can anyone help with a "Trailer Disconnected" message? When Im towing my travel trailer, I keep getting that message. I get out to check, and everything looks fine. No matter how hard or how many times I plug back into the truck's receptacle, it keeps giving that message. I checked the truck's plug and wires, and everything looks good. I had the 7-pin cord replaced on my trailer the other day, and message came up again when I was towing it back to my house,,,. Any suggestion will be greaty appreciated.
I had that issue on my 2018 F150 and it happened on my sons 2020 F250 Tremor. I found that I had to run a ground wire from the trailer to the truck frame. So it could have been a grounding issue. It was trying to ground from the trailer to hitch ball connection and aluminum hitch’s don’t do that. Probably was my trailer wiring. But with the ground wire it was all good.
 
Can you put your tailgate down while the trailer is hooked up?
I have ATC like that - tailgate won’t go down with typical hitch as it will hit Jack - but with Weigh Safe WD hitch it will as the WS hitch sets back about a foot - one of the many nice features about a WS WD hitch!
 
Back
Top Bottom