Tremors and Campers let's talk camping!!

Went with Reese Gen III 20k Goosebox and GenY 5" offset ball bracket that works with Ford OEM puck system and will give me a bit better turning radius!



Should pick up or have delivered later in July - looking forward to it!

The GenY offset ball is a good move. I'm using the 4" B&W extended ball for my turnover hitch and can't imagine not having it. I still can't turn a full 90 but it works great.
 
Does anyone have any feedback on a Brinkley? We're about to pull the trigger on their Z3100 model with a GenY hitch. I have a '23 with a short bed and was going to pair it with GenY's Goosepuck 5" Offset Ball Puck System to give me as much cab clearance as possible. Thoughts?

View attachment 122634
I have a 46 ft Voltage, I have the Gen-y executive fifth wheel to gooseneck that you have pictured. It works great. I have the 5" goosepuck offset as well and it does its job. I've not needed 90 degrees of articulation yet, I'm not sure I would get it either but I do love the overall system. Just remember it doesn't come with that chain so you'll have to buy one. I'll get a good pic of the truck and trailer attached for you. Next weekend.
 
Hey all, here's my truck pulling out my Voltage, it has the Gen-Y executive fifth wheel to gooseneck and the 5" goosepuck offset. For reference only.
when switching to gooseneck ball the camper go down far enough to hit the ball and not smash the truck? on a gooseneck trailer they look like they got a long neck sticking down? can someone give me a picture?
 
I have the B and W Gooseneck ball kit and a second gen Reese Goosebox 20K on my Solitude. It hooks up great with about 8 inches clearance. I reversed my chains per the video above and wished I did it sooner. That was my only complaint about the Goosebox. I set the air once a season but check it each time I hook up. Overall very happy with the setup.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2414.webp
    IMG_2414.webp
    304.3 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_2413.webp
    IMG_2413.webp
    381.1 KB · Views: 154
  • FullSizeRender.webp
    FullSizeRender.webp
    278.3 KB · Views: 154
I prefer the 5th wheel over the gooseneck. With the auto level on my camper, it returns the hitch height back to where it was when I unhooked with a push of the button. and I just back right up and lock in. I put the lock on, and plug in cord. Done in 20 seconds.
 
I prefer the 5th wheel over the gooseneck. With the auto level on my camper, it returns the hitch height back to where it was when I unhooked with a push of the button. and I just back right up and lock in. I put the lock on, and plug in cord. Done in 20 seconds.
Mine does the same! I like having access to my whole bed all year round. Easier to hook up on uneven ground and feel it pulls better overall compared to my 5th wheel hitch from before. Great to have many options for everyone.
 
I have the B and W Gooseneck ball kit and a second gen Reese Goosebox 20K on my Solitude. It hooks up great with about 8 inches clearance. I reversed my chains per the video above and wished I did it sooner. That was my only complaint about the Goosebox. I set the air once a season but check it each time I hook up. Overall very happy with the setup.
Is the bw goose ball any taller then the factory?
 
Just bought a ATC 3619 - 5th wheel toybox - looking at two options for hitch - if you are using either let me know your thoughts:

1. Anderson Ultimate Connection - Pro's lightest 5th wheel hitch for bed- offset hitch for better turning radius. Con's hitch frame in bed
View attachment 124079

2. Reese Goosebox 20k rated - Pro's conversion to gooseneck - improved ride, nothinging in the bed - Con's - more adjustment required before each tow
View attachment 124080
I use the Anderson hitch and have really liked it. I had the steel version for a couple years and then switched to the aluminum. I tow a 44’ toy hauler loaded it weighs close to 20k and have never had a issue.
 

Attachments

  • 213C8E35-6A29-437B-A001-C97271705864.webp
    213C8E35-6A29-437B-A001-C97271705864.webp
    438.2 KB · Views: 98
when switching to gooseneck ball the camper go down far enough to hit the ball and not smash the truck? on a gooseneck trailer they look like they got a long neck sticking down? can someone give me a picture?
Yes, any of the gooseneck hitched provide plenty of clearance. If you watch my video, you can see there is plenty of clearance.
 
I use the Anderson hitch and have really liked it. I had the steel version for a couple years and then switched to the aluminum. I tow a 44’ toy hauler loaded it weighs close to 20k and have never had a issue.
Thanks ended up going with a Reese 20k Goosebox and a Gen-Y 5" offset gooseball to move it back in the bed a bit. I think it will be a good overall package.
 
Thanks ended up going with a Reese 20k Goosebox and a Gen-Y 5" offset gooseball to move it back in the bed a bit. I think it will be a good overall package.

Just reassurance with the airbag is I haven't hooked up since April until last night and the airbag still held the same amount of pressure so no adjustment was needed.
 
IMG_3384.webp
IMG_3390.webp

Pulled up to Lake Berryessa this weekend. I’m excited to see how much of a difference the Hellwig away bar makes especially on the curvy roads. Also…the kids went frog hunting thanks to the insane light output of the Baja Designs light bar
 
View attachment 124922
Pulled up to Lake Berryessa this weekend. I’m excited to see how much of a difference the Hellwig away bar makes especially on the curvy roads. Also…the kids went frog hunting thanks to the insane light output of the Baja Designs light bar
Wow. That is an impressive light output! Very nice!!!!
 
Beautiful! What trail were you on? Looks incredible!
It is located on west shore - Sno Park - Blackwood Canyon - if you go up the main road off Hwy 89 you come to a Y - go left and you can go up Blackwood Pass road, which is paved a ways up the hill - but the gate was closed at the bottom. So I went left at the Y which goes up to Blackwood Canyon OHV staging area - the road goes right out of there and heads up the mountain, crosses the north fork of Blackwood creek. Not to far up there was still snow in the shade. I went as far as I could but was stopped by tree leaning over the trail and the Tremor was too big and wide to fit under. But was fun either way.
 
Back
Top Bottom