Tremors and Campers let's talk camping!!

IMG_7753.webp
 
Is that a 4 seater? What brand rack?
Yes a 4 seater. Tow smart trailers in cali

 
Here are a few topical threads with less pages :cool:


Thanks
 
I agree! This is my second Black Series camper. I had the smallest HQ12 and now the biggest HQ21. Both were great campers and have helped makevso many memories with my family.
I wish they would have a better solar / battery set up. I really do like them
 
Love that Bowen!! How does the little giant hook up to the L track? Also, what camper are you putting on the flatbed?

Thanks. It's definitely nice. I was one of his earlier customers and had to work out a couple quality control items but it's all good now. I modified the heck out of the Little Giant and welded up an attachment point that bolts to the L-Track on the camper. I don't have any good pictures of it but if you're interested I can take some in the next couple days. I'm having a custom composite camper built by Bison Overland Campers. It's been a LOOOOONNNNNGGGGG wait, but the end is in sight now. 🤞
 
What are you all doing to help sway?
Hey Zx - what are you using for a hitch, etc? I use a EAZ-LIFT hitch w/stabilizer bars (2) and a anti-sway bar (1) and I haven't noticed any sway, either with the Tremor or my previous F-150. Our bumper pull is 33' and 7500 lbs. We recently completed a 2500 mile loop from Texas to South Carolina and back. Lots of highways, hills, potholes, etc. and the Tremor did great, plenty of margin which was what I was looking for after the F-150!!
 
Hey Zx - what are you using for a hitch, etc? I use a EAZ-LIFT hitch w/stabilizer bars (2) and an anti-sway bar (1) and I haven't noticed any sway, either with the Tremor or my previous F-150. Our bumper pull is 33' and 7500 lbs. We recently completed a 2500 mile loop from Texas to South Carolina and back. Lots of highways, hills, potholes, etc. and the Tremor did great, plenty of margin which was what I was looking for after the F-150!!
I use equil is er hitch, no trailer anti sway. Set the hitch/lift bars for level truck stance.(I get the same stance with or without bars) I have a all aluminum ATC trailer, Hitch co doesn’t have positions for the little ball connections for that trailer anti sway, a lot of people say not needed with the friction of the 2 bars, but…..
 
I use equil is er hitch
The Equalizer has 4-point sway control built into it's design. I run the WeighSafe TrueTow which uses a similar approach. The sliding friction between the bars and trailer attachment brackets, and tension on the bar swivel at the hitch at each side is what resists trailer sway/movement.
 
Thanks. It's definitely nice. I was one of his earlier customers and had to work out a couple quality control items but it's all good now. I modified the heck out of the Little Giant and welded up an attachment point that bolts to the L-Track on the camper. I don't have any good pictures of it but if you're interested I can take some in the next couple days. I'm having a custom composite camper built by Bison Overland Campers. It's been a LOOOOONNNNNGGGGG wait, but the end is in sight now. 🤞
Don't worry about the pics, it's something I might look into in the future. Very nice and congrats on the Bison!
 
What are you all doing to help sway?
I've got a Husky Center Line WD hitch w sway control for ours. Got it w our camper from the previous owner and was going to upgrade to something "nicer" when I got the Tremor but couldn't decide what to go with so I got a 2.5" shank for the Husky in the interim. That was a year ago. At this point I don't see any advantage to changing what works.
 
View attachment 123776
What are you all doing to help sway?
Looks like you have a 2419 - if so I have the same trailer - I use a Weigh Safe weight distribution hitch which has built in sway control - it pretty much solved the sway problem and made it far more stable in high winds. I have also found the trailer to be very sensitive to proper loading - so moving my RZR forward or back a foot makes a huge difference in how it tows, so playing with your load can be important.

If you get a WD hitch one thing you should note is the ATC Aluminum beams up front are 8" and most steel trailers are 6" - so when you get a weight distribution hitch the bolt on metal clamps that go on the trailer side of the frame are all too short to bolt above and below the frame. Option 1 is to drill through your frame - ATC told me if you do it will void your frame warranty. So I had some plates made that were 2" longer than what Weigh Safe sent me that go on either side, so you can bolt them above and below the frame and not impact the warranty.

Lots of good options out there, but you will find the higher end WD hitch's with sway control built in work best. Curt on the lower cost end, weigh safe, Equalizer and EZ Lift on the higher end! GLWD

Here is a good comparison video on various options.

Link
 
Looks like you have a 2419 - if so I have the same trailer - I use a Weigh Safe weight distribution hitch which has built in sway control - it pretty much solved the sway problem and made it far more stable in high winds. I have also found the trailer to be very sensitive to proper loading - so moving my RZR forward or back a foot makes a huge difference in how it tows, so playing with your load can be important.

If you get a WD hitch one thing you should note is the ATC Aluminum beams up front are 8" and most steel trailers are 6" - so when you get a weight distribution hitch the bolt on metal clamps that go on the trailer side of the frame are all too short to bolt above and below the frame. Option 1 is to drill through your frame - ATC told me if you do it will void your frame warranty. So I had some plates made that were 2" longer than what Weigh Safe sent me that go on either side, so you can bolt them above and below the frame and not impact the warranty.

Lots of good options out there, but you will find the higher end WD hitch's with sway control built in work best. Curt on the lower cost end, weigh safe, Equalizer and EZ Lift on the higher end! GLWD

Here is a good comparison video on various options.

Link
Correct, 2419 ATC. I have the hitch in the lower right of your pic. EQUIL I ZER. I have it setup so the truck is level, however, no WDH is pretty much level too. Was considering tilting the head, or moving bar brackets up to create more friction on the bars, but I assume it will lift the rear of the truck.
 
Last edited:
Correct, 2419 ATC. I have the hitch in the lower right of your pic. EQUIL I ZER. I have it setup so the truck is level, however, no WDH is pretty much level too. Was considering tilting the head, or moving bar brackets up to create more friction on the bars, but I assume it will lift the rear of the truck.
Given you have a good hitch - moving your load around is your main thing to work with at this point. With generator on the tongue of our trailers we have 1,200 - 1,500 lbs. of tongue weight - so well over 10% - if your load in back is too far behind the axels - you will lightend the tongue weight and have more sway issues - so be sure your load is right - being level is good, but may not tell the whole story!
 
Back
Top Bottom