Tremors and Campers let's talk camping!!

Hello Tremor campers, I’m planning a camping trip to Colorado for July. All our camping has been in Texas so it’s time to go out of state. I’ve seen several state and national parks online all have a lot to offer so I’m turning to you Tremor members that live Colorado for advice on the best parks to camp in Colorado. We enjoy hiking, mountain biking, kayaking and watching wild life. We would prefer a park with full hook ups ( electricity, water & sewage ). Any information on your camping locations is appreciated.

Thanks,
JB in South Texas

@Patriot It was about 80% full but the beach was only 10% occupied. The CG has 6 loops so even that full most people were holding out in their campers or at their fire pits, it was cold! Maybe 20 on the beach both days so lots of room to roam there

Hello Tremor campers, I’m planning a camping trip to Colorado for July. All our camping has been in Texas so it’s time to go out of state. I’ve seen several state and national parks online all have a lot to offer so I’m turning to you Tremor members that live Colorado for advice on the best parks to camp in Colorado. We enjoy hiking, mountain biking, kayaking and watching wild life. We would prefer a park with full hook ups ( electricity, water & sewage ). Any information on your camping locations is appreciated.

Thanks,
JB in South Texas
I don't think you can go wrong with any state park or national park. Just decide where you want to go and choose from there. One thing to know is for state parks the camping reservation is for up to 6 months out from current date. So if you wanted to book a site you can only book up to July 19th. (6 months from today's date) Camping spots get booked fast and not all places have full hook ups. Pay attention to size restrictions as well.

I don't think you can go wrong with any state park or national park. Just decide where you want to go and choose from there. One thing to know is for state parks the camping reservation is for up to 6 months out from current date. So if you wanted to book a site you can only book up to July 19th. (6 months from today's date) Camping spots get booked fast and not all places have full hook ups. Pay attention to size restrictions as well.
FYI most Colorado State Parks do not have full hookups and I don’t think any of our NP’s have any hookups. Some SP’s have partial hookups (30 amp) with water spigots every 10 sites and a dump station. USFS usually have no hookups also. Probably your only option for full hookups is private campgrounds. Campendium is a great resource for campground facilities and reviews.

Thanks,
JB in South Texas
I agree that all the National Parks are great. There is a RV park by Grand Lake that is very popular.

Very nice campground but the entire area was devastated by the East Troublesome fire. Some parts north of Grand Lake was spared but most of the West side of RMNP was hit. I will be surprised if the West entrance is open this summer.

Very nice campground but the entire area was devastated by the East Troublesome fire. Some parts north of Grand Lake was spared but most of the West side of RMNP was hit. I will be surprised if the West entrance is open this summer.
I haven’t been up there since the fire. Their website has more information about that. Grand Lake is close which is my favorite in Colorado.

Thanks,
JB in South Texas

We are heading up to Red River NM and Ouray CO in mid June For about 14 days. We are leaving from Rockport and making our way up. Group of 5 of us, two with Tremors. This will be my second long trip in the new RV. We go to the Grand Canyon first week of March.

"I don't think you can go wrong with any state park or national park."

I respectfully disagree unless you enjoy crowds and bullshit. I avoid most national parks like the plague now unless it's early or late in the year. Between late May and early September I would only go to one of the few I haven't visited. And now with everybody and their brother buying RVs it is insane out there. There were reputable tales of n00bs in their shiny new RVs just camping along the side of the road in Yellowstone last summer and they were even seen dumping their black tanks along the roadside!

Has anyone seen the new Xplore RV XR22 toy hauler? It has some unique features and looks to be off-road worthy!

I previously watched the video but have not actually seen one yet. It will be really interesting to hear owner reviews. ?? Looks like it needs a Tremor as a Tow Beast!

Thanks,
JB in South Texas
Colorado camping is very popular on the weekends in the summer. Weekend RV spots at State Parks, National Parks and RV Parks are always booked up before Memorial Day. If you can camp during the week, you may have the entire campsite to yourself. I prefer to stay away from "park" campsites when I can because they cost money and have rules. Fortunately Colorado has a lot of BLM land which is free. Because when you have a $75,000 truck with a $40,000 camper, getting a free camping spot will make you feel smarter than the people who paid for one.
Since your coming up from Texas I recommend you check out south west Colorado, the mountains there are more like the Alps and have a lot of off road trails, high mountain lakes, wildlife etc.
For an authentic Colorado experience, start at an MJ dispensary in Durango, then drive up to Silverton. Sober up for the drive over Red Mountan Pass to Ouray which is a family friendly hot springs resort. For a more adult friendly, aka, nude, hot springs go check out my favorite hot springs/RV park, Orvis Hot Springs in Ridgeway. Then go check out Bridal Falls in Telluride. Then visit Mesa Verde and four corners. Have fun.

Finally sourced and installed my new leveling kit...2021 Lance 850. Super impressed with how it drives. View attachment 13098
When I said that I would soon have a twin rig to yours I didn’t know just how exact that might be. I discovered that since I ordered my 825 with an aprox delivery date of April the same dealer got an 850 in. Thus, today I canceled my order and purchased an 850. How do you like yours? It certainly looks great on the back of a black Tremor.

Just to add to the above, Colorado also had two of its largest fires ever last fall. This will put additional demand on campsites that did not burn.

Picked up our new 5th wheel this afternoon. GD 31MB with 16k Reese Goosebox. Will give some more feedback on the entire setup later, but so far so good ?
2E185966-285F-4F38-9D4C-2FB796B586A2.jpeg

Has anyone seen the new Xplore RV XR22 toy hauler? It has some unique features and looks to be off-road worthy!

I've been in one and looked them over carefully. RVs of America is a dealer for them in Salt Lake City. The workmanship is very good, materials are very good and they are ready for very cold weather with excellent insulation. They are working with RVs of America to make some changes to improve them. In my opinion, the batteries and the propane tanks are not set up right and look like some scabbed on appendages in the front. The suspension is interesting, but doesn't seem to work as well as it should, so it is being worked on. and the interior countertop seems cheap. They are toy haulers and not make to be luxurious inside, but they have a large shower and a large fridge. The dual rear tires swing away to allow the rear door to open. They come with a rooftop tent. Getting up and down from the roof, walking around avoiding the solar panels and roof vents, and sleeping up there near the edge, would not be for me. Love the V nose design. The tongue needs to be modified to mount an articulating hitch system, like a McHitch, for back road use, as it is a different set that I've seen. Keep an eye on them, as they are working on a new model that addresses a lot of the concerns. If done right, I might trade my Black Series for one. It would be truly awesome behind a Tremor!

"I don't think you can go wrong with any state park or national park."

I respectfully disagree unless you enjoy crowds and bullshit. I avoid most national parks like the plague now unless it's early or late in the year. Between late May and early September I would only go to one of the few I haven't visited. And now with everybody and their brother buying RVs it is insane out there. There were reputable tales of n00bs in their shiny new RVs just camping along the side of the road in Yellowstone last summer and they were even seen dumping their black tanks along the roadside!
Hahahaha! For nature and beauty, activities and what not! He didn't ask about all the other stuff.

Back