Tremors and Campers let's talk camping!!

After a week and a half in Montana and Wyoming it was time for this Cali pansy to head south but not until one final butt cold night in Wyoming: 12F with 35 mph winds! I had the fresh tank heater on but in the morning when I turned on the water pump it didn't sound right. It must have frozen up a bit. I headed south to Salt Lake City where it thawed out and was fine.

IMG_6184.webp
 
Giving a boost to this thread… anyone with winter camping plans? I’m headed out day after Thanksgiving to a state park with a forecast of high in the 30s and lows mid 20s. Any winter camping tips or winter weather towing out there? We’re also tentatively planning on heading to Pigeon Forge day after Christmas pending any ice storms.
Been camping for the last two weeks (and still going strong). Last night was the coldest I had in a while with 14 degrees. Camped at 7500 ft elevation in the Kaibab National Forest West of Flagstaff.

Tips? Get a heated blanket or mattress pad to avoid being wide awake again the moment you lay down on a cold mattress. Fan insulated covers.

PXL_20241123_144818068.webp

PXL_20241123_130820091.webp

PXL_20241122_225335981.webp
 
LOVE the Kaibab! Go to bed and it's 45 and clear, wake up and it's 20, grey and covered in snow.

Some stellar NFS camping sites, open, clean and beautiful.
Yeah, it was 65 the day before. Like you said, some really great sites. Some trash, but compared to what I experienced at the Black Canyon before - this was nothing. Black Canyon I even saw an old fridge right next to the trail.
 
We have camping reservations all winter at White Pass Ski resort. Sole reason we bought a toy hauler was to snowboard and take our wet shit off without bringing the wet Into the main cabin
 
The electric blanket is solid advice. When we go camping, I even carry one for my wife that plugs in for the drive.
We got two of these. She has yet to use either of them.
 
When it’s in the mid 70s in December, it’s time to pack up and hit the road with the trailer. The first leg of the trip we’ll be spending a few nights at Ratcliff Lake in the Davy Crockett National Forest.

I was super excited to test out the starlink I picked up last month, but somehow I forgot it at home. 🤦

IMG_3509.webp


IMG_3517.webp


IMG_3540.webp
 
I was super excited to test out the starlink I picked up last month, but somehow I forgot it at home
Enjoy! Forgetting the Starlink was the universe telling you to "unplug". 🔌 📡:p
 
Back
Top Bottom