Tremors and Campers let's talk camping!!

Upgrading to a dual axle TT tomorrow. Was looking at getting a set of those curved wedge style wheel levelers. Been just using some blocks of wood with the single axle. Should I just keep rolling redneck style or are the wedges worth it. Or even the Lego style levelers?
I have the curved levelers and they have worked well when we've needed them. Very quick as long as you are within ~4" or so side to side. I keep a couple 2x6s with us in case we ever had to go a little higher and raise them up... Hasn't happened yet, though.

These are the ones we're using:

Beech Lane Camper Leveler 2 Pack with Carrying Bag - Precise Camper Leveling, includes Two Curved Levelers, Two Chocks, Two Rubber Grip Mats, and A Carrying Bag, Patented https://a.co/d/gUU5nS1
 
I have the curved levelers and they have worked well when we've needed them. Very quick as long as you are within ~4" or so side to side. I keep a couple 2x6s with us in case we ever had to go a little higher and raise them up... Hasn't happened yet, though.

These are the ones we're using:

Beech Lane Camper Leveler 2 Pack with Carrying Bag - Precise Camper Leveling, includes Two Curved Levelers, Two Chocks, Two Rubber Grip Mats, and A Carrying Bag, Patented https://a.co/d/gUU5nS1
Not a TT guy, but I think this is the way to go. Maybe also get a levelmate Pro+ or similar. I carry traditional leveling blocks with me until I can afford a Liquidspring suspension :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
 
I use the curved levelers on my tires to level side to side. I carry two as I have a tandem axle TT. I use the lego blocks on the levers/stabilizers. I will say that I’ve had a few leveling adventures when I needed different amount of level from each of the wheels on the low side (say a very uneven pad at a camp site) - back up, pull back off, adjust, back up again. Repeat.

Oh - one more thing. I like having a spotter for this part so I know when to stop - it’s not like you “ride” up the full height (and if you did go off the end you’d made a problem). So my wife holds the level on the TT and gives me hand signals to know what to do.
 
I like to keep things simple and safe. I am not a fan of the curved levelers except as a quick way to change a tire. I prefer to use boards (with Hopkins chocks attached) because they are more stable and effectively tie the two axles together when leveling. 1.5" of lift on a standard 8' wide trailer equates to 1 degree. Adjusting within 0.5 degrees is all you need and you typically get another 0.1-0.2 degrees when you deploy your slide. I use a simple digital carpenter's level on the interior floor when I get the trailer into position, set up the appropriate number of boards and then in one push or pull I'm level. The only downside of this method is finding a place to store some pretty long 2x8's.

The LevelMate system might be useful if you like to drive around an uneven field looking for a level site and never leave the cab, but I've gotten pretty quick at doing it the old fashioned way. I'm pretty anal about leveling my trailer and sometimes simple is best.
 
Upgrading to a dual axle TT tomorrow. Was looking at getting a set of those curved wedge style wheel levelers. Been just using some blocks of wood with the single axle. Should I just keep rolling redneck style or are the wedges worth it. Or even the Lego style levelers?
I have a set of these in the truck, good for minor stuck situations and leveling.

 
I have a set of these in the truck, good for minor stuck situations and leveling.

I dunno... One guy clearly didn't like them 🤣🤣🤣😉
 
I like to keep things simple and safe. I am not a fan of the curved levelers except as a quick way to change a tire. I prefer to use boards (with Hopkins chocks attached) because they are more stable and effectively tie the two axles together when leveling. 1.5" of lift on a standard 8' wide trailer equates to 1 degree. Adjusting within 0.5 degrees is all you need and you typically get another 0.1-0.2 degrees when you deploy your slide. I use a simple digital carpenter's level on the interior floor when I get the trailer into position, set up the appropriate number of boards and then in one push or pull I'm level. The only downside of this method is finding a place to store some pretty long 2x8's.

The LevelMate system might be useful if you like to drive around an uneven field looking for a level site and never leave the cab, but I've gotten pretty quick at doing it the old fashioned way. I'm pretty anal about leveling my trailer and sometimes simple is best.
That's how I've been doing it but with a 4' level. Park, lay the level across the floor add a board or two (I have a couple 2x8 cutoff and a couple 1x6 cutoffs) and back up. Single axle I just have the boards at 16". Probably just stick with that but cut them 2-3' instead. 🤷 I will have more storage now with the new camper so it won't clutter my bed up as much 🤣
 
Upgrading to a dual axle TT tomorrow. Was looking at getting a set of those curved wedge style wheel levelers. Been just using some blocks of wood with the single axle. Should I just keep rolling redneck style or are the wedges worth it. Or even the Lego style levelers?
We use the Anderson levelers all the time and love them. There are a few times on sand or very loose gravel that they dont work as well so I keep a few boards as well, just in case
 
I dunno... One guy clearly didn't like them 🤣🤣🤣😉
True, but I don't ever recall a product where someone didn't give it a bad review. (Especially on Amazon) Circumstances vary. You have to evaluate how you would use them. I also have two short 2X6 boards, sometimes may be a better choice than plastic.
 
True, but I don't ever recall a product where someone didn't give it a bad review. (Especially on Amazon) Circumstances vary. You have to evaluate how you would use them. I also have two short 2X6 boards, sometimes may be a better choice than plastic.
Oh, it was mostly a joke. One guy hated them, the other 4 loved them 🤣🤣🤣 I always look at the negative reviews to see how stupid/nonmechanical the reviewer is 😉
 
The LevelMate system might be useful if you like to drive around an uneven field looking for a level site and never leave the cab, but I've gotten pretty quick at doing it the old fashioned way. I'm pretty anal about leveling my trailer and sometimes simple is best.
A while back I was contemplating the Levelmate but have found I can eyeball close enough and then dial it in. I have a level I keep in the trailer with a shim that provides the correct side to side offset for when the the slide deploys.

I have a set of these in the truck, good for minor stuck situations and leveling.

I do as well. I like items that serve multiple purposes for occasional use. The GoTreads fit this criteria well and don't take up much room...
 
I have a level I keep in the trailer with a shim that provides the correct side to side offset for when the the slide deploys.
Damnit, now I have to get a shim too.... Didn't even think about the slide leverage when open. Guess I'll be playing with that in my yard this weekend 🤣
 
I use the Anderson curved levelers and LevelMate Pro. Can easily be a 1-person job, but I typically use the wife to add the chock once I see I’m at the right height on my phone through the app. I like the convenience of the LevelMate, and it accounts for movement after slides are deployed.
 
Upgrading to a dual axle TT tomorrow. Was looking at getting a set of those curved wedge style wheel levelers. Been just using some blocks of wood with the single axle. Should I just keep rolling redneck style or are the wedges worth it. Or even the Lego style levelers?
If you're referring to the Andersen Levelers, I like them. Pretty simple to use. Definitely worth putting a leveling gauge on your trailer to look at in your rear view mirror. https://www.etrailer.com/RV-Levels/...hPfNVzljnjeJS3kPh-11SiwTZ54aERMnLlg39KjChrrI4
 
I like that. Can you see it with the backup camera? I have no view from my rearview mirror 🤣
Honestly I haven't looked through the camera since I can just look out the open rear window and see. I used a construction level inside the camper for awhile but that's a pain in the ass.
 
Upgrading to a dual axle TT tomorrow. Was looking at getting a set of those curved wedge style wheel levelers. Been just using some blocks of wood with the single axle. Should I just keep rolling redneck style or are the wedges worth it. Or even the Lego style levelers?
We have both styles. The wedge-type are convenient as long as the ground isn't too soft or slippery, otherwise they can shift as you try and pull up on to them.

We use the lego blocks for those situations or if we need to get up higher than the ramps will allow (roughly 4"). We also use the blocks under our stabilizers at times or for other items we want to keep up off the ground.
 
We have both styles. The wedge-type are convenient as long as the ground isn't too soft or slippery, otherwise they can shift as you try and pull up on to them.

We use the lego blocks for those situations or if we need to get up higher than the ramps will allow (roughly 4"). We also use the blocks under our stabilizers at times or for other items we want to keep up off the ground.
Lol, I ordered the Amazon wedges 😉 have wood blocks for more height for now, probably get the Legos eventually though 👍
 
Pretty exciting news from the Starlink department. I guess I need to buy a mount for the truck now!

Starlink Logo
Thank you for being a Starlink customer. We are making changes to your service plan to deliver an improved Starlink experience.

Effective immediately, you will have access to the following features with Starlink Roam:

  • In-Motion Use
  • International Travel
  • Coastal Coverage

An updated Terms of Service will go into effect starting 10/10/2024.

Thank you for being a Starlink Roam customer and supporting our efforts to deliver high-speed, low-latency internet across the globe!

The Starlink Team
 
Back
Top Bottom