Tremors and Campers let's talk camping!!

I got the email about the updated TOS but without any explanation of what I could expect to see change other than: "Based on your location, changes may include a new name for your service plan.". So I guess I'll see what happens on 10/10.

I'll also have be in a different location by then .. and will have been in 4 different locations in the meantime .... who knows. For now I'm still grandfathered in with "Residential + Portability".
Pretty exciting news from the Starlink department. I guess I need to buy a mount for the truck now!

​
 
I got the email about the updated TOS but without any explanation of what I could expect to see change other than: "Based on your location, changes may include a new name for your service plan.". So I guess I'll see what happens on 10/10.

I'll also have be in a different location by then .. and will have been in 4 different locations in the meantime .... who knows. For now I'm still grandfathered in with "Residential + Portability".
What's residential + portability? I've been in since the beta I didn't know there was such a thing?
 
I saw that email from Starlink, too. In-Motion usage is now included. That is huge in my opinion. Now I just need to find out if I can switch between 2 Starlink dish back and forth with just one plan. I have the high-performance dish on my camper installed and I am planning to get a Mini for when I am parked under trees, but have a nearby opening for the mini.
 
What's residential + portability? I've been in since the beta I didn't know there was such a thing?

When I first signed up over 2 years ago, there was only 1 option for service. It soon became known as Standard and you could travel with it outside of your home service area. That ability to travel was a new thing, and is what finally prompted us to order Starlink.

A short time later they removed the free/included ability to travel and introduced the Portability add-on service that you could opt in to if you wanted to travel outside your home service area.

As Starlink added more plans Standard became Residential and Portability was dropped as an add-on option. Instead they added the Roam plan if you wanted to travel. But for those of us who had Portability we were allowed to keep it, as long as we don't make any changes to our plan, otherwise we'll lose it.

Over time they have started to strip away the benefits of Residential + Portability compared to Roam and I imagine one day it will go away entirely. The largest benefit to keeping the grandfathered plan was my ability to travel with my Starlink and change my home location on the fly, giving me prioritized service over those around me who were using the Roam plan for their travels. But that's pretty much gone now and I suspect I'm seeing much the same speeds and prioritization as Roam users; but I still change my location when we get to a new spot, just in case.[/B]
 
Just went ahead and replaced my batteries with a set of Odyssey X2s after reading all the good things people have said about them. Managed to have my laptop on hand and took care of the FORscan change right in the parking lot.

It's an upgrade I had planned on doing when it was time to replace the original batteries. But as look would have it we were out in rural Washington state when they decided to fail. The only place around with 2 batteries that would fit was the local Ford dealer.

So my upgrade took a little longer. Noticed a slight hesitation on startup and after checking it today it was confirmed that one battery was failing. We hit the road on Saturday, so I called around and found 2 stores, about 15 miles apart, that each had 1 in stock.

So now we're set to head out this weekend and check Nebraska off our list of states/capitols visited.

IMG_8256.webp
 
Just went ahead and replaced my batteries with a set of Odyssey X2s after reading all the good things people have said about them. Managed to have my laptop on hand and took care of the FORscan change right in the parking lot.

It's an upgrade I had planned on doing when it was time to replace the original batteries. But as look would have it we were out in rural Washington state when they decided to fail. The only place around with 2 batteries that would fit was the local Ford dealer.

So my upgrade took a little longer. Noticed a slight hesitation on startup and after checking it today it was confirmed that one battery was failing. We hit the road on Saturday, so I called around and found 2 stores, about 15 miles apart, that each had 1 in stock.

So now we're set to head out this weekend and check Nebraska off our list of states/capitols visited.

View attachment 169983
So is forscan to bump up the charge profile for an AGM?
 
Anyone have an east to west model with a solar controller? Just bought a della terra that came with a panel mounted but no controller. I've opened up the panel and found three sets of wires, black and white, red and white, and blue and white. Any help is appreciated as I can't get the dealer on the phone and east to west is closed but I have sent a ln inquiry to them. Thanks in advance 👍

2025 east to west della terra 255BHLE

(I currently have a 400w renogy kit I am trying to integrate with the current panel and add the renogy panels in the near future.)
 
So is forscan to bump up the charge profile for an AGM?
Correct ... or at least that's what I'm assuming.

The area being changed is Battery Technology Type and the two options are Flooded or AGM. So I'm assuming it's dealing with the charge profile.
 
Has anyone with 37s and a Carli 2.5/3.5 switched to a Gen Y goose pin box setup? Wondering if there's enough adjustability to keep the trailer level. As in not nose high.
 
So is forscan to bump up the charge profile for an AGM?
Here is the video I put together, towards the end I walk through the FORScan bit. It's a quick run down, but shows where to go.

 
check Nebraska off our list of states
Nebraska is so exciting. Make sure you check out Hwy 80! /s

On a serious note, let us know what you find to do/see. I've always been incredibly bored in Nebraska.
 
Nebraska is so exciting. Make sure you check out Hwy 80! /s

On a serious note, let us know what you find to do/see. I've always been incredibly bored in Nebraska.
lol - I drove through Nebraska on my way back from Granger after picking up my Ford. I know the struggle is real to see what Nebraska has to offer.

I really enjoyed this marvelous Archway .... but on a serious note. Check out Scotts Bluff. It's at least something.

PXL_20240323_132626509.webp
 
Nebraska is so exciting. Make sure you check out Hwy 80! /s

On a serious note, let us know what you find to do/see. I've always been incredibly bored in Nebraska.
lol .. we stayed for a week in Lincoln (leaving town tomorrow) and have managed to be here during 2 Cornhusker's games. That's been an experience ... they do like their football here, like much of the Midwest.

Otherwise we checked out the state capital and the sunken gardens outside of downtown.
 
lol .. we stayed for a week in Lincoln (leaving town tomorrow) and have managed to be here during 2 Cornhusker's games. That's been an experience ... they do like their football here, like much of the Midwest.

Otherwise we checked out the state capital and the sunken gardens outside of downtown.
I really enjoyed this marvelous Archway .... but on a serious note. Check out Scotts Bluff. It's at least something.
Thanks for the suggestions! Adding them to my list for the next time I'm through there.
 
1000003461.jpg

Leaving givhans state park. Spent the hurricane there on Thursday night. Pretty nerve-wracking 🤣

Side note: how hard/expensive is it to put a few inches of lift on one of these trailers? Scraped a few times on the way to the site and had to switch my hitch over to a conventional one to get the ass-end higher and still scraped a couple times on the way home. 🤦
 
Okay, looking at the over-under conversion for my 32' TT. Anyone done this and have pros vs cons? Bent the hell out of my skid triangle and my rear scissor jack backing it into my driveway when I got back from camping this weekend 🤦probably going to add some wheels to them when I do the over-under
 
Giving a boost to this thread… anyone with winter camping plans? I’m headed out day after Thanksgiving to a state park with a forecast of high in the 30s and lows mid 20s. Any winter camping tips or winter weather towing out there? We’re also tentatively planning on heading to Pigeon Forge day after Christmas pending any ice storms.
 
I hit a turkey at 65mph this year while headed to my seasonal campsite. This is what led me to ordering my 2024 Tremor 🤣
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0522.webp
    IMG_0522.webp
    258.9 KB · Views: 88
I hit a turkey at 65mph this year while headed to my seasonal campsite. This is what led me to ordering my 2024 Tremor 🤣
Did you save the turkey for next week!? 😋
 
Back
Top Bottom