Tremors and Campers let's talk camping!!

That is awful. So sorry. I hope you and your family are Ok though!?
Everyone is good. Unfortunately my truck is one of the ones affected by the A/C compressor issue. So were down to 1 vehicle and no A/C with a 1 year old. Could be a lot worse. Not a scratch on the truck though. So that's a bonus. :LOL:
 
1000015266.webp
camping in Yellowknife northwest Territories
 
Just wrapped up an incredible 10-day trip to Colorado, meeting up with family from Utah and New Mexico. It was also a good excuse to get out of the Texas heat for a while. We camped near Vallecito Lake, between Durango and Pagosa Springs—one of my all-time favorite areas. The forest roads are a nice easy drive for the Tremor that'll get you some awesome views. In total, we covered around 1,900 miles, with the truck averaging 14 mpg.


tremor-colorado-trip3.webp
tremor-colorado-trip4.webp
tremor-colorado-trip2.webp


tremor-colorado-trip1.webp
tremor-colorado-trip6.webp



tremor-colorado-trip5.webp
 
Great camping spot near Redcrest, CA. Lots of nice walking trails nearby. Unfortunately my A/C went out with 1100 miles on it the next day after arriving. It's now waiting for a compressor, drive home was not to bad it had cooled off to 95 degrees, lol.

IMG-20240710-WA0000.jpg20240710_184850.jpg20240708_165422.jpg20240708_162529.jpg20240707_101810.jpg
 
Great camping spot near Redcrest, CA. Lots of nice walking trails nearby. Unfortunately my A/C went out with 1100 miles on it the next day after arriving. It's now waiting for a compressor, drive home was not to bad it had cooled off to 95 degrees, lol.

View attachment 163430View attachment 163431View attachment 163433View attachment 163432View attachment 163434
Beautiful area. I like staying closer to the ocean if I camp or "glamp", natural air conditioning. It's amazing that by driving inland 10 miles, how the temperature changes. Coats at the ocean, T shirts inland. Hwy 1 and 101 have some of our greatest spots to hike trails in the summer. Great views and photogenic. (Except for the morning and evening fog.)
 
Just returned from a short trip to the West side of the state along the Grand River. We chose a site not directly on the river since they were more private. There were multiple spots to get up close to the water however:

PXL_20240716_125901968.jpg
PXL_20240716_125948992.jpg
PXL_20240716_130356773.jpg
PXL_20240717_130946173.jpg
PXL_20240716_183044886.jpg
PXL_20240716_235732804.jpg


...even saw some competition:

PXL_20240716_130057955.jpg


...and a nice example of a previous gen:

PXL_20240717_124623894.jpg
 
We're getting close to wrapping up our time in Michigan's UP.

We'll leave Silver City (Porcupine Mountains) tomorrow and head down to Iron Mountain for 2 weeks before making our Michigan exit into Door County, WI.

But last week was Copper Harbor. A really pretty spot and Michigan's northernmost town. It's also the northern terminus of Highway 41, 1,990 miles to the southern end in Miami. That was a cool fact since I used to work off 41 in Tampa and our farm was just off 41. Another random fact is that Copper Harbor is the farthest town from a US interstate in the lower 48. Who knew ....

Cool little town, coming in at 3 blocks by 10 blocks. Plenty of hikes, world class mountain biking and just a cool vibe.

Copper Harbor, MI (1).webp
Copper Harbor, MI (6).webp1.webp2.webp3.webp4.webp5.webp6.webp
 
We're getting close to wrapping up our time in Michigan's UP.

We'll leave Silver City (Porcupine Mountains) tomorrow and head down to Iron Mountain for 2 weeks before making our Michigan exit into Door County, WI.

But last week was Copper Harbor. A really pretty spot and Michigan's northernmost town. It's also the northern terminus of Highway 41, 1,990 miles to the southern end in Miami. That was a cool fact since I used to work off 41 in Tampa and our farm was just off 41. Another random fact is that Copper Harbor is the farthest town from a US interstate in the lower 48. Who knew ....

Cool little town, coming in at 3 blocks by 10 blocks. Plenty of hikes, world class mountain biking and just a cool vibe.

I am a bit partial because Michigan has been my home for my whole life but the U.P. is our favorite place to vacation. We were just in Marquette all last week and we will be back up in Houghton next month to drop our son off at MTU. I'm glad you have had time to visit and enjoy so much of it. I was in St. Ignace for the car show as well, it looks like you were able to get some good pictures before the rain moved in.
 
I am a bit partial because Michigan has been my home for my whole life but the U.P. is our favorite place to vacation. We were just in Marquette all last week and we will be back up in Houghton next month to drop our son off at MTU. I'm glad you have had time to visit and enjoy so much of it. I was in St. Ignace for the car show as well, it looks like you were able to get some good pictures before the rain moved in.
The car show weekend in Saint Ignace was a happy surprise. We were bummed we'd be leaving on Saturday and would miss the show, but the rain moved in so I'm not thinking we missed much.

We've had a great time moving through and exploring the UP. We've seen a lot but there is still plenty more, so I guess we'll just have to come back again.

Some of the shot of the cars: HERE
 
Just returned from a short trip to the West side of the state along the Grand River. We chose a site not directly on the river since they were more private. There were multiple spots to get up close to the water however:

View attachment 163638View attachment 163639View attachment 163640View attachment 163641View attachment 163642View attachment 163643

...even saw some competition:

View attachment 163644

...and a nice example of a previous gen:

View attachment 163646
The first thing that pops out to me... All the GREEN! Nothing like that around here in the summer.
 
I'm asking members of the forum, particularly @TRAMPER, @Chris-DTA, @gmoon, @TellurideTremor if I have your blessings to proceed on my first camper. Let me know your thoughts. I know it's not the Rossmonster but...any recommendations? Thank you.


View attachment 164127
Idk, doesn’t seem like there will be enough room for your lifestyle 😉

IMG_3277.webp


I’m thinking maybe a camper tall enough to fit a pole in?
 
Last edited:
Idk, doesn’t seem like there will be enough room for your lifestyle 😉
I was afraid you'd say that. 🤪 I know it's not overlanding but underlanding is in!
 
I was afraid you'd say that. 🤪 I know it's not overlanding but underlanding is in!
Over:under. in:out. Big:small

Doesn’t matter. Just get out there!

I see you more as an EarthRoamer kinda guy, though.
 
Someone posted this on the fb group. thought it could potentially be beneficial here if someone wanted to look into it.
Putco Always Hot PDF

View attachment 121083
I'm back ladies! LoL did we ever figure this out, I finally committed to a travel cooler (a year later) and looking to power it from the 5th wheel plug.
Wife got me this for Father's Day. It also fits under the BakFlip bed cover which has a rough limited opening with my bed mat of 19.5" to the structured flutes and 20.5" between them.
 
I'm back ladies! LoL did we ever figure this out, I finally committed to a travel cooler (a year later) and looking to power it from the 5th wheel plug.
Wife got me this for Father's Day. It also fits under the BakFlip bed cover which has a rough limited opening with my bed mat of 19.5" to the structured flutes and 20.5" between them.
Yooo it works with this adapter I got!
 

Attachments

  • PXL_20240724_205949302.webp
    PXL_20240724_205949302.webp
    209.5 KB · Views: 79
  • PXL_20240724_205951998.webp
    PXL_20240724_205951998.webp
    132.1 KB · Views: 77
  • PXL_20240724_210337799.webp
    PXL_20240724_210337799.webp
    161.5 KB · Views: 78
Back
Top Bottom