Tremors and Campers let's talk camping!!

Yesterday after I broke camp I dropped my truck off at SOB Fabrication for a bumper build. He’ll have the truck the next few weeks until I can make it back up there, so I don’t have my truck handy.

I’m in the beginning stages of starting a bed drawer build to replace the DECKED drawers in my build currently. I’ve been contemplating building a diesel heater setup into the drawers, and wondering about tank placement. Then I started thinking do the 7.3 gasser trucks have anything in place where the DEF tanks are mounted on the 6.7 trucks? If not, I’d love to build an integrated tank, and use the DEF port to fill the heater tank.
 
Yesterday after I broke camp I dropped my truck off at SOB Fabrication for a bumper build. He’ll have the truck the next few weeks until I can make it back up there, so I don’t have my truck handy.

I’m in the beginning stages of starting a bed drawer build to replace the DECKED drawers in my build currently. I’ve been contemplating building a diesel heater setup into the drawers, and wondering about tank placement. Then I started thinking do the 7.3 gasser trucks have anything in place where the DEF tanks are mounted on the 6.7 trucks? If not, I’d love to build an integrated tank, and use the DEF port to fill the heater tank.
Looking forward to seeing how the bumper comes out. Did Travis mention if he has built any fronts for 23+?
 
Looking forward to seeing how the bumper comes out. Did Travis mention if he has built any fronts for 23+?
The last time I asked him was Novemberish, and at that time he hadn’t. I didn’t inquire when I was there yesterday.
 
Yesterday after I broke camp I dropped my truck off at SOB Fabrication for a bumper build. He’ll have the truck the next few weeks until I can make it back up there, so I don’t have my truck handy.

I’m in the beginning stages of starting a bed drawer build to replace the DECKED drawers in my build currently. I’ve been contemplating building a diesel heater setup into the drawers, and wondering about tank placement. Then I started thinking do the 7.3 gasser trucks have anything in place where the DEF tanks are mounted on the 6.7 trucks? If not, I’d love to build an integrated tank, and use the DEF port to fill the heater tank.
Not sure where you'd place the refill port but having designed an onboard air system and placed it all around the spare tire i can tell you there is a good amount of room if you're willing to design your own tank.

Also i never had diesel gel on me in the 10 years i had my diesel pickup and i've been in sub zero temps but as small as the lines are for a diesel heater dont lose sight of this potential issue.
 
WEIGH-SAFE Hitch news.

Hi all, I thought I would share some information I recently learned of. I have a first generation Weigh-safe weight distribution hitch that I have been using for a couple of years. We recently bought a new camper. This one is a toy hauler travel trailer and the toungue weight is really close to the upper limits of my hitch. Wanting a little more "head room" I thought it best to buy a heavier version. I still was under my max weights on my current hitch but that was unloaded and you know the camper is only going to get heavier as we move in to it. I contacted Weigh-safe to see what they thought. They agreed that their Gen 2 heavy duty WD hitch would be better suited to pull a toy hauler after it was loaded down.

Here is what is in it for you.

If you own a Gen 1 WD hitch, Weigh-safe will give you 50% off a new hitch (approx a $585 value) if you buy a Gen 2 hitch and send them the Gen 1 hitch head (not the bars or mounts) back; they will send you a FEDEX label for shipping. I probably could not have sold my old Gen 1 head for $585 so I was happy with the deal. Weigh-safe isn't advertising this and I was suspicious as to why they were eager to offer the discount. They told me that they were having trouble with the scales longevity in the Gen 1 version and the new design takes care of that. I do see a liquid filled dial on the new version and it could be the reason but I think it is something else. At any rate, just thought I would share for the good of the community.
 
Last edited:
WEIGH-SAFE Hitch news.

Hi all, I thought I would share some information I recently learned of. I have a first generation Weigh-safe weight distribution hitch that I have been using for a couple of years. We recently bought a new camper. This one is a toy hauler travel trailer and the toungue weight is really close to the upper limits of my hitch. Wanting a little more "head room" I thought it best to buy a heavier version. I still was under my max weights on my current hitch but that was unloaded and you know the camper is only going to get heavier as we move in to it. I contacted Weigh-safe to see what they thought. They agreed that their Gen 2 heavy duty WD hitch would be better suited to pull a toy hauler after it was loaded down.

Here is what is in it for you.

If you own a Gen 1 WD hitch, Weigh-safe will give you 50% off a new hitch (approx a $750 value) if you buy a Gen 2 hitch and send them the Gen 1 hitch head (not the bars or mounts) back; they will send you a FEDEX label for shipping. I probably could not have sold my old Gen 1 head for $750 so I was happy with the deal. Weigh-safe isn't advertising this and I was suspicious as to why they were eager to offer the discount. They told me that they were having trouble with the scales longevity in the Gen 1 version and the new design takes care of that. I do see a liquid filled dial on the new version and it could be the reason but I think it is something else. At any rate, just thought I would share for the good of the community.
Good info! Thanks @Churchkey !

Just to clarify, you kept your old bars/brackets and they sent you a full hitch for the discounted price? I was going to purchase an extra set of attachments for my car hauler so this may be a good option instead...
 
Last edited:
Good info! Thanks @Churchkey !

Just to clarify, you kept your old bars/brackets and they sent you a full hitch for the discounted price? I was going to purchase an extra set of attachments for my car hauler so this may be a good option instead...
Yes, I have everything from my old hitch system except the head unit (the part with the scale) that they wanted back. I purchased their new Gen 2 Heavy duty WD hitch which hopefully shows up soon.

Only issue with this arrangement is what am I going to do with a partial hitch system? None of it except the "L-brackets" are useful. They are the only thing that carried over from Gen 1 to Gen 2.
 
Last edited:
IMG_2629.webp


Changing out to truck camper and will flatbed the rzr for the serious off road stuff.
 
No camper camping for me this year. my TT was stolen the other night. even had a proven industries hitch lock. the problem with these small campers is that it doesn’t take must to move them. View attachment 195483

Any updates on this? Which make/model camper so we can keep an eye out for it should they be using it locally or attempt to sell it. I have the same lock and another make of a different style. I keep mine locked up in a fully enclosed storage facility but I always know that if they get in there they only need 5-10 minutes to defeat any lock and get away with the trailers.
 
What's your buddies rig? Yours is the trailer right?

Yes, mine is the little FGRV Casita. My buddy has a RAM 3500 CTD with a Bowen bed and Hallmark camper on 38's. It's a killer rig and a dedicated adventure vehicle for the family. He tows a modded M1102 trailer behind it for the kids as well. Probably $250K+ in the entire setup. He has a nicely modded Power Wagon on 37's as his daily as well.
 
Nice spot 👍 seasonal campground?
Thank you, yep seasonal. I did the traveling thing for a few years. Although it was fun, I get a lot more use out of it with it already set up somewhere.
 
Thank you, yep seasonal. I did the traveling thing for a few years. Although it was fun, I get a lot more use out of it with it already set up somewhere.
Been looking at those "two story" park models just for fun. They're pretty cool except for the loft is right over the "master" and I can't imagine who wants their kids sleeping four feet away on vacation 🤷🤣
 
Yes, mine is the little FGRV Casita. My buddy has a RAM 3500 CTD with a Bowen bed and Hallmark camper on 38's. It's a killer rig and a dedicated adventure vehicle for the family. He tows a modded M1102 trailer behind it for the kids as well. Probably $250K+ in the entire setup. He has a nicely modded Power Wagon on 37's as his daily as well.

I’ve seen that truck on the Bowen website. Bad ass
 
Great looking Lance - what model and how much do they say it weighs? Have you weighted it wet?
Thanks. One of those right time right place kinda things that worked out for me. 😁Lance 855s and quoted as just under 2900 dry and 3200 wet. I have not weighed it yet.
 
Back
Top Bottom