Tremors and Campers let's talk camping!!

First trip of 2025. Our usual spot at Otahki Lake.
Late start is better than no start. Pushed back a day due to incoming weather. Tornado sirens went off about 10 times last night. We survived. Loaded the truck this morning. Made it about 1/4 the way and got a text that the state park we cut thru to get here got hit hard. Roads were closed, power was out, etc.
Couple hours later, I'm bummed and laying on the couch and I get another text saying one road in is clear and the power is on. We booked it out and got setup just before dark.

Fires warm, beers are cold, moon is bright, and the neighbors are far the fk away. 🍻

PXL_20250316_023012263.NIGHT.webp
 
First trip of 2025. Our usual spot at Otahki Lake.
Late start is better than no start. Pushed back a day due to incoming weather. Tornado sirens went off about 10 times last night. We survived. Loaded the truck this morning. Made it about 1/4 the way and got a text that the state park we cut thru to get here got hit hard. Roads were closed, power was out, etc.
Couple hours later, I'm bummed and laying on the couch and I get another text saying one road in is clear and the power is on. We booked it out and got setup just before dark.

Fires warm, beers are cold, moon is bright, and the neighbors are far the fk away. 🍻

View attachment 202052
Enjoy 🍻
 
First trip of 2025. Our usual spot at Otahki Lake.
Late start is better than no start. Pushed back a day due to incoming weather. Tornado sirens went off about 10 times last night. We survived. Loaded the truck this morning. Made it about 1/4 the way and got a text that the state park we cut thru to get here got hit hard. Roads were closed, power was out, etc.
Couple hours later, I'm bummed and laying on the couch and I get another text saying one road in is clear and the power is on. We booked it out and got setup just before dark.

Fires warm, beers are cold, moon is bright, and the neighbors are far the fk away. 🍻

View attachment 202052
The neighbors are far the fk away… the best part of your story!
 
We were all set for a Spring Break trip and the wild weather from Colorado through Texas delayed us. Tremor pulls the Reflection like a dream.

Added S&B 60gallon tank, needing suggestions for more towing comforts besides airbags!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_4021.webp
    IMG_4021.webp
    261.9 KB · Views: 69
Added S&B 60gallon tank, needing suggestions for more towing comforts besides airbags!
Look into Torklift Stableloads. They may not eliminate the need for airbags completely, but they will let you run them at a much lower pressure, which will soften the ride. If you're still on stock shocks you should also look into replacing at least the rears with adjustables.
 
Look into Torklift Stableloads. They may not eliminate the need for airbags completely, but they will let you run them at a much lower pressure, which will soften the ride. If you're still on stock shocks you should also look into replacing at least the rears with adjustables.
Amazing! Thank you for the info!
 
2022 F-250 Tremor PowerStroke pulling a 32' toy hauler. We're right at 21,000# with no toys in the trailer. I get 7-10 mpg depending upon grade, wind, speed. The truck gets about 18 mpg around town and 19-21 mpg on trips without the trailer. Very few grades reach max power. This is the best vehicle I have ever owned and that's been quite a few in my 77 years.
 

Attachments

  • tremor-dune-sport-small.webp
    tremor-dune-sport-small.webp
    139.9 KB · Views: 65
Damn @pickleknuckles that sucks!!! Sorry that occurred hopefully the damage isn't too bad. :(
The cab is beat up. Glass roof is intact but slightly misaligned. Hood is toast on top but the underside is fine. Both fenders have some dents. One door is dented bad. The bed is crunched to the point of tearing at the front stake pocket. Gate has a very minor dent.
Otherwise, the doors and gate all open/close fine all windows open/close, no glass broke, and it drives like it should, pulling the camper home for 2.5 hours at 70 mph.

Sorry to see this. The wind in Missouri has been fierce the last few days.
Got up to 50-55mph gusts near where we were staying.
Back country or RV park, I'd rather be in the woods so I'm usually pretty conscious of the state of the trees around our sites. This one looked like it might drop a limb or two but I never expected it to snap mid way up the trunk. It wasn't a small tree either.
...if it'd come out of the ground though, the truck would be a lot shorter for sure.
 
never expected it to snap mid way up the trunk.
It's weird. I've been here nearly four years now and am amazed at how many trees I've seen on my property that have done that. Half the time the wood above and below it is good for firewood. Just rotten at that one spot.
On another note, if you decide that you want to go after that bed and tailgate in Colorado, I have a truck and trailer available. I'm currently out with a hernia until further notice and have nothing but time. I'd be down for a road trip if you want to go. Waiting for surgery to be scheduled.
Don
 
Last edited:
It's weird. I've been here nearly four years now and am amazed at how many trees I've seen on my property that have done that. Half the time the wood above and below it is good for firewood. Just rotten at that one spot.
On another note, if you decide that you want to go after that bed and tailgate in Colorado, I have a truck and trailer available. I'm currently out with a hernia until further notice and have nothing but time. I'd be down for a road trip if you want to go. Waiting for surgery to be scheduled.
Don
Wow! Thanks man!!! Nothin beats tight knit car communities. I should hear back from the insurance company early next week.
 
Back
Top Bottom