Tremors and Campers let's talk camping!!

Well... I'm not sure what you wanted the outcome to be but I hope them repairing it is what you wanted. I think since it wasn't involved in a collision that it probably should drive okay. It'd be cool if you could post pictures of it at the shop during various stages of repair. I can't believe all those parts only cost 24 Grand though. Well keep us posted and good luck.
Yeah, I definitely wanted it repaired. I love the damn thing.
I'll see if I can get them to snap some pics.
I'm actually very surprised it's only $24k. I would have thought it was more too. I know for sure the bed and hood are getting replaced. I suspect the cab would be too but I might have misread the estimate. It mentions a roof skin but also rear pillars, corners, rails, lights, sunroof, etc., so I assumed it's the whole cab.
 
Last edited:
Sounds like a great trip!
It was great time for sure .. up through Michigan, across the UP and out into Door County, WI. This year is the East Coast, up through the Mid-Atlantic states ... we'll have to save the North East for another year, there is just too much to see. Currently exploring the area around Williamsburg, VA and all the history that comes with the area.
 
Just finished a 2 week trip from STL to Acadia NP with stops in Niagara Falls, Watkins Glen, Bar Harbor and others. Had a great time. Maine was awesome. Wish we could have stayed longer and avoid some of the fog. IMG_3791.webpIMG_3823.webpIMG_3827.webpIMG_3795.webpIMG_3878.webpIMG_3887.webp
 
Picked up this fifth wheel yesterday. Arrived a little later than anticipated. Will be a month before I can take it out. Back yard camping for now

Grand Design Solitude 380FL
No squat with the timbrens
Had the king pin swapped for the Reese Goosebox. Wasn’t interested in removing a 200lb hitch anytime I wanted to use the bed for anything.
Also got the gen y offset
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1998.webp
    IMG_1998.webp
    190.7 KB · Views: 84
Picked up this fifth wheel yesterday. Arrived a little later than anticipated. Will be a month before I can take it out. Back yard camping for now

Grand Design Solitude 380FL
No squat with the timbrens
Had the king pin swapped for the Reese Goosebox. Wasn’t interested in removing a 200lb hitch anytime I wanted to use the bed for anything.
Also got the gen y offset
Now you just have to color match the truck 😉
 
Okay, I have the winegard 360+ bubble on my camper and it gets shite for channels/signal. Has anyone "upgraded" to just a house antenna on a pole hooked to the outside jack? Or gotten a better rv antenna that doesn't cost a billion dollars? I know that part of it is where I camp but even in my neighborhood it gets just okay signals. And yes I have pushed the button to turn it on, unlike a bunch of people on the interwebs apparently 🤣🤣🤣
 
Okay, I have the winegard 360+ bubble on my camper and it gets shite for channels/signal. Has anyone "upgraded" to just a house antenna on a pole hooked to the outside jack? Or gotten a better rv antenna that doesn't cost a billion dollars? I know that part of it is where I camp but even in my neighborhood it gets just okay signals. And yes I have pushed the button to turn it on, unlike a bunch of people on the interwebs apparently 🤣🤣🤣
Starlink Mini and be done with it. Just log into any streaming accounts you have at home.
 
Who watches TV when they are camping? lol. I'm usually grilling and drinking or drinking and grilling... and then I pass out haha. I am new to camping, just recently purchased a small Jayco rig to see if we actually use it. I do have the Winegard on my trailer, but my buddy is telling to go with a Starlink Mini to be ready for football season. I have a lot to learn, here is my setup from last weekend... glad I found this thread so I can get some ideas.
48EA896E-D365-462D-A32D-5FCEC8113DED (1).webp
 
Who watches TV when they are camping? lol. I'm usually grilling and drinking or drinking and grilling... and then I pass out haha. I am new to camping, just recently purchased a small Jayco rig to see if we actually use it. I do have the Winegard on my trailer, but my buddy is telling to go with a Starlink Mini to be ready for football season. I have a lot to learn, here is my setup from last weekend... glad I found this thread so I can get some ideas.
View attachment 216727
PBS kids, laff TV for when it's raining, and local stations for when it's pouring 🤣😉

I stream all that other stuff on my tablet or my phone. And download a few things on my daughter's tablet
 
Who watches TV when they are camping? lol. I'm usually grilling and drinking or drinking and grilling... and then I pass out haha. I am new to camping, just recently purchased a small Jayco rig to see if we actually use it. I do have the Winegard on my trailer, but my buddy is telling to go with a Starlink Mini to be ready for football season. I have a lot to learn, here is my setup from last weekend... glad I found this thread so I can get some ideas.
View attachment 216727
We went about a month before 4th of July and it was raining The whole time and the mosquitoes were atrocious.
 
PBS kids, laff TV for when it's raining, and local stations for when it's pouring 🤣😉

I stream all that other stuff on my tablet or my phone. And download a few things on my daughter's tablet
I’m sure I’ll get to a point where I want TV, I know football season for sure. Right now it’s still new and my life is so hectic that when I get out to the campsite I try to disconnect which has been amazing.

We have been really enjoying the down time. I’m already looking for a bigger rig because the walls close in when we bring the dogs haha.

Heading out to Big Bear Lake this weekend, gonna be the longest trip so far so we will see if I get bored and want TV.
 
I’m sure I’ll get to a point where I want TV, I know football season for sure. Right now it’s still new and my life is so hectic that when I get out to the campsite I try to disconnect which has been amazing.

We have been really enjoying the down time. I’m already looking for a bigger rig because the walls close in when we bring the dogs haha.

Heading out to Big Bear Lake this weekend, gonna be the longest trip so far so we will see if I get bored and want TV.
Yeah I started with a 18 ft Coleman with a Murphy bed and a bunkhouse now I have 31 ft with a wall and 15 extra feet between me and the kids 🤣🤣🤣
 
We just wrapped up 3 weeks in DC, including the 4th of July, and it was awesome. Stayed at Cherry Hill RV in College Park, MD and would highly recommend it.

Now we're in Philly (staying across the river in NJ) for a couple of weeks.

Had a mostly uneventful travel day ... except for the strange "airy" sound coming from under the hood, especially when under acceleration. Got to a rest area and popped the hood and unfortunately, as expected, we'd split the cold side charge pipe. Thankfully it wasn't a complete failure of the pipe and some well placed duct tape we were back underway. Just got off the phone with Pusher and the new set of intercooler piping should be here on Wednesday.

Always an adventure!
 

Attachments

  • fireworks.webp
    fireworks.webp
    170.7 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_7575.webp
    IMG_7575.webp
    83.6 KB · Views: 49
Last Saturday’s travel day wasn’t as smooth as it could have been. Thankfully it wasn’t worse, just a split cold-side charge tube on the truck. ⁣
⁣
These are a known weak/failure point on the 6.7L engines. The one on our 2015 failed spectacularly early in the truck’s life. At least this one lasted almost 120k miles and just split. We were able to patch it at a rest area using duct tape and continue on. ⁣
⁣
On Monday I called up @pusherintakes back in Florida, they had the parts I needed in stock and were able to ship the same day. Parts arrived on Wednesday and I got them installed yesterday. ⁣
⁣
We went with their 3” Hot & Cold Side Charge Tubes in bronze. Install was straightforward and the directions and YT videos were really helpful. Although I wouldn’t recommend doing the install in full sun during a heat advisory. ⁣
⁣
Finished product looks great and gives the peace of mind that these charge tubes won’t be giving me any more problems down the road. ⁣
⁣
1.webp
2.webp3.webp
 
Supposed to be a quick weekend trip, 1.5 hrs away, but somehow managed to snap both rear leaf springs. Didn’t realize it until we got to the campground. The tires were rubbing through the underlayment and on wooden framing. Very fortunate that i didn’t have a blow out or fire. Mobile RV tech spent half the day replacing all four for $1300… not how i wanted to spend the weekend, but could’ve been worse.
IMG_3933.webp
IMG_3932.webp
 
Supposed to be a quick weekend trip, 1.5 hrs away, but somehow managed to snap both rear leaf springs. Didn’t realize it until we got to the campground. The tires were rubbing through the underlayment and on wooden framing. Very fortunate that i didn’t have a blow out or fire. Mobile RV tech spent half the day replacing all four for $1300… not how i wanted to spend the weekend, but could’ve been worse.View attachment 218813View attachment 218814
That sucks. Glad you were able to find a mobile tech to get it handled for you though!
 
Back
Top Bottom