Tremor Payload??

My dealer here in the Peoples' Republik told me to get the 9900 GVWR and not worry about it unless I like paying Sacramento for the privilege of driving a 'commercial' vehicle.
fine if you're not towing. Get in a wreck even if not your fault when over GVWR and you're so fucked. You'll get sued and your insurance will tell you it's your problem.

I'd worry about it if you were planning to exceed the lower payload ratings. If you're in an accident and the lawyers figure out you're over weight, you're going to have a very bad time.
they're figure it out pretty easily. Accident investigators and his own insurance adjuster are 100% going to look at his payload sticker.

From my dealer:

"The ramifications of bumping the GVWR is gruesome in terms of registration/DMV Fees. Bumping the GVWR with diesel could become a nightmare in the future with respect to California regulations."

All righty! I'm convinced!
that's BS. It's like $330 a year. not chump change, but I'd rather pay it than lose my house because I got in a wreck. Any new diesel regulations will grandfather in existing trucks.

From my dealer:

"The ramifications of bumping the GVWR is gruesome in terms of registration/DMV Fees. Bumping the GVWR with diesel could become a nightmare in the future with respect to California regulations."

All righty! I'm convinced!

For fun, I decided to see how much it would cost to register my truck in my prior residence of Kalifornia. It ended up being $1100 per year for registration. This is pretty gnarly in comparison to the $87 a year my local tax office said it would cost for my truck. Well, it could be $130 a year if they actually based it off my GVWR, but I don't think the office caught it when they drafted up the new tags for my custom plates. I'm not complaining.

Screenshot_20201028-182556.jpg

Thanks, I thought it might be BS, aka Don't Wanna Change The Order. I'm not that bothered as I'll never overload it but its resale should be better if it doesn't have the wimpy payload rating, huh?
Besides, it isn't like they have to do anything other than paperwork!

My dealer is deleting the 10K GVWR as we speak! I mean how hard could it be to delete a no-charge paperwork package on a truck that hasn't even been scheduled yet, right? I did point out that I ordered the 5er prep for resale value so going with the lower payload would be stupid.

My dealer is deleting the 10K GVWR as we speak! I mean how hard could it be to delete a no-charge paperwork package on a truck that hasn't even been scheduled yet, right?
hard... but not hard.... depends how much work the guy willing to do and make sure it is done ... and done right

2021 F-350 Lariat 6.7. I got the same issue. Why is this essentially the same payload as a F-150? I wanted more than 3k payload
Did you go Lariat ultimate? I have a 250 6.7 Lariat fully loaded tremor & I’m at 2752 for payload

I doubt it is rocket science and I am dealing directly with the general sales manager so I think he'll do it right. Considering that I didn't beat him up on price I expect some no-charge love!

LittleNsons - 350 6.7 Platinum with every option except mud flaps
and moonroof

I doubt it is rocket science and I am dealing directly with the general sales manager so I think he'll do it right. Considering that I didn't beat him up on price I expect some no-charge love!

LittleNsons - 350 6.7 Platinum with every option except mud flaps
and moonroof
Fuck that sucks, Can’t believe that’s the payload #

For fun, I decided to see how much it would cost to register my truck in my prior residence of Kalifornia. It ended up being $1100 per year for registration. This is pretty gnarly in comparison to the $87 a year my local tax office said it would cost for my truck. Well, it could be $130 a year if they actually based it off my GVWR, but I don't think the office caught it when they drafted up the new tags for my custom plates. I'm not complaining.

View attachment 13148
yeah it's brutal.

Does TX have any kind of vehicle excise tax that you pay separately from reg? When I lived in MA, vehicle reg was pretty cheap too. But then you'd get a separate excise tax bill every year from your town based on the vehicles value, which we don't have in CA but appears to basically be the "license fee"...which goes down every year. 1K first year all in reg fees including excise (even by another name) on a 60-90 thousand dollar truck is pretty shitty but not "gruesome" lol. The weight fee is retarded for sure.

Thanks, I thought it might be BS, aka Don't Wanna Change The Order. I'm not that bothered as I'll never overload it but its resale should be better if it doesn't have the wimpy payload rating, huh?
Besides, it isn't like they have to do anything other than paperwork!
I'd never buy a derated used truck that's for sure. The majority of super duty buyers are buying them for the payload and want to be legal. So from that perspective I'd imagine the resale would be much higher on a properly rated super duty.

I wish I was more of a risk taker, then I'd just get a 250 tremor and tow a heavy trailer anyway since it's physically the exact same as a 350 tremor but I have terrible luck and I know I'd end up getting pulled over by CHP while towing for a tail light or something and have them ask to see my weight sticker.

The risk of a major financial loss for me of being overweight, even if a slim chance or getting in a wreck is much worse than paying the clowns in Sac town a few hundred extra bucks a year. From the link I posted earlier, if you don't declare your proper weight and get caught towing it's a 2K fine per incident plus owing the reg fee and penalties.

hard... but not hard.... depends how much work the guy willing to do and make sure it is done ... and done right
not hard at all. You can make multiple changes to order as long as it hasn't been sent to plant yet.

Dealer should be able to do it in 5 mins and print out a new order sheet.

Thanks for the dope slap. What was I thinking? o_O
AFAIK I'm getting the Full Monty now.
When is another question.

I'd never buy a derated used truck that's for sure. The majority of super duty buyers are buying them for the payload and want to be legal. So from that perspective I'd imagine the resale would be much higher on a properly rated super duty.

I wish I was more of a risk taker, then I'd just get a 250 tremor and tow a heavy trailer anyway since it's physically the exact same as a 350 tremor but I have terrible luck and I know I'd end up getting pulled over by CHP while towing for a tail light or something and have them ask to see my weight sticker.

The risk of a major financial loss for me of being overweight, even if a slim chance or getting in a wreck is much worse than paying the clowns in Sac town a few hundred extra bucks a year. From the link I posted earlier, if you don't declare your proper weight and get caught towing it's a 2K fine per incident plus owing the reg fee and penalties.

Finally someone is thinking clearly.

Not just oh its the same parts, so payload is the same.

Its only a sticker... WRONG!!

There is zero risk of being directed into a weigh scale where I am at, but I still wouldnt risk towing over GVWR or payload.

Why anyone would take a 250 over 350 and risk this to save $1000 bucks is beyond me, especially if the plan is to use the truck as intended.

yeah it's brutal.

Does TX have any kind of vehicle excise tax that you pay separately from reg? When I lived in MA, vehicle reg was pretty cheap too. But then you'd get a separate excise tax bill every year from your town based on the vehicles value, which we don't have in CA but appears to basically be the "license fee"...which goes down every year. 1K first year all in reg fees including excise (even by another name) on a 60-90 thousand dollar truck is pretty shitty but not "gruesome" lol. The weight fee is retarded for sure.

No. Its $77.75/yr for registration. Then on top of that is the inspection. For gassers its something like $30 but for diesel its all of $7.00.

Thanks for the dope slap. What was I thinking? o_O
AFAIK I'm getting the Full Monty now.
When is another question.
I'm surprised your dealer would try to sell you on neutering your truck. I get that he's trying to save you some coin but to me he's giving seriously shitty advice, but just my opinion.

I never take a dealer's word for anything either. They really never know what the fuck they're talking about. Most don't even know the correct answers to simple questions about the products they sell. For instance, my sales guy very confidently declared to me it was not possible to get power running boards on a platinum tremor. Even when I told him not only was it possible, but it's a $0 upgrade he kept telling me no. I had to tell him to go ask the GM or give me the GM's email and I'll ask him myself. He calls back a little later on and says "oh yeah you were right, I've added them for you". Same thing with priority code "they're all 19, it's just what it is"......Then I send him IronMan's build sheet to show him he's wrong. Now he's checking with GM to fix that issue.

If a few hundred bucks a year to too "gruesome" of a cost on a $90K truck, then something doesn't make sense. You'd think the dealer could put it together that if you can afford this truck you can afford to legally and properly register it without deleting its entire purpose as a heavy duty 1 ton truck.

Not shitting on them, but they're not experts in anything, hardly in the products they sell, but CERTAINLY not in the legality of and ramifications of weight ratings. Maybe they would if you bought your rig at a ford tuck center that specializes in commercial sales.

HaHaHa! Mine told me I could ONLY get power running boards on a Platinum Tremor! He was shocked when I told him that when I 'built' one on ford.com and selected power boards it kicked me out of the Tremor package!

To be fair to him I live in a pretty limp-wristed part of SoCal so I know he doesn't sell many Super Duties. Heck, he usually doesn't even have many F-150s on the lot! He's been good to deal with - I don't mind incompetence when it isn't accompanied by arrogance. ;)

BTW, my homey up the street just got a Rubicon Recon. He has little
4 wheeling experience so I helped him bust its cherry on a nice route in Death Valley last month. Excellent social distancing and did that baby ROCK!

I gots another homey with a devilish Ducatti like you! ?

No. Its $77.75/yr for registration. Then on top of that is the inspection. For gassers its something like $30 but for diesel its all of $7.00.
Damn I need to move to TX. From MA originally. Conservative small "l" gun toting libertarian. I've been completely out of place in both of the commie shithole states I've lived in. If I could convince my wife to move to TX, I'd be there tomorrow.

HaHaHa! Mine told me I could ONLY get power running boards on a Platinum Tremor! He was shocked when I told him that when I 'built' one on ford.com and selected power boards it kicked me out of the Tremor package!

To be fair to him I live in a pretty limp-wristed part of SoCal so I know he doesn't sell many Super Duties. Heck, he usually doesn't even have many F-150s on the lot! He's been good to deal with - I don't mind incompetence when it isn't accompanied by arrogance. ;)

BTW, my homey up the street just got a Rubicon Recon. He has little
4 wheeling experience so I helped him bust its cherry on a nice route in Death Valley last month. Excellent social distancing and did that baby ROCK!

I gots another homey with a devilish Ducatti like you! ?
nice, whereabouts in SoCal are you? I'm in Agoura Hills, right next to Thousand Oaks.

Maybe once I get my tremor (just sold my Jeep last weekend so I'm without any vehicle) we could meet up and hit some dirt.

Latest Discussions

Back