Tonneau Covers

Not exactly sure, would depend on the design. There is just under 10" of clearance to the bottom of the canister.
Thanks for the answer. I called Cargo slide and they said 9-1/2” from top of bed grooves is all they need. Sounds like it will be close but it should work. Enjoy your ride. Thanks

Looks like they went to thumb screws for easier removal as well. Also looks like they may have done some things to help the seal adhesion by adding the end caps. That was a big complaint I saw when researching the revolver X4.

I was also not fond of the Velcro either but is livable now that I have it. Ultimately having to use a wrench to remove the old X4 and quality complaints on the older Backs steered me to the Centry. It would have been a harder decision if the X4S was out when I bought my cover. There is enough improvements over prior models where I would have given it a shot over my Century.
Since I ordered my truck in Dec., I've been completely undecided here... until I saw the updates to the X4s. Hell, I was almost ready to get a LOMAX trifold and deal with the storage issues when I wanted the whole bed.

I had hook and loop on the soft cover on my old truck (cheap Truxedo roll-up). I hated it... after a few years, it was wavy and didn't look good, a heavy cross wind would cause it to come undone, and I replaced the "hook" portion twice in the 12 years I had it. Yeah, you get what you pay for, but what I saw was a fundamental issue with the design: it wears out.

BTW, I wanted a a quick way to remove as well... these are always an option to remove the need for a wrench:
https://www.mcmaster.com/knobs/vibration-resistant-threaded-through-hole-knobs/

Wanted to give a shout out to Roman at Neo Garage. After reading his post I decided to give the BakFlip MX4 a try. I reached out to Roman, he gave me a forum discount and I completed the purchase on Tuesday. The MX4 arrived on Friday! Quick ship and arrival to California.
Thanks, Neo Roman.

@NEO Garage helped me out as well. i’m just waiting for my confirmation date to ship before I process the order. Still is estimated delivery in 12 days but I want to make sure I’m not sitting on the tonneau cover for weeks in case it changes.
Thanks guys! Glad I could help y’all out. Enjoy!

With the MX4 folded but still laying flat(not against the back window) can you hook up a gooseneck, or does it need to be folded all the way to the back window?

I am a fan of the between the rail roll up style covers. I use the bed a lot so I like that you can unlatch and roll it forward for full access. I went with the Weathertech - its nice quality and fits well. Lifetime warranty too

I ordered the Retrax Pro XR because I need the T-slot for my Yakima racks. If not for that I think I would have gone with the Paragon. My friend has the bakflip mx4 and what I don't like about it is that in order to access the bed he has to drop the tailgate if it is locked so when he was backed into a spot in the parking garage he had to pull his truck forward to get to his snowboard gear. I like the covers that lock but that don't require you to drop the tailgate to unlock it.

With the MX4 folded but still laying flat(not against the back window) can you hook up a gooseneck, or does it need to be folded all the way to the back window?

Yes, it will lay flat. Well, as flat as can be with the back 3 panels folded on top of the front 4th panel.

Yes, it will lay flat. Well, as flat as can be with the back 3 panels folded on top of the front 4th panel.
I understand it can lay flat, but with it laying flat is there room to hook up a gooseneck/fifth wheel? Or on a short bed does it need to be in the vertical position to leave enough room to access the gooseneck/fifth wheel. Sorry for the confusion.

I understand it can lay flat, but with it laying flat is there room to hook up a gooseneck/fifth wheel? Or on a short bed does it need to be in the vertical position to leave enough room to access the gooseneck/fifth wheel. Sorry for the confusion.
I pull my gooseneck dump trailer with no issues.

Attachments

• 16155662508801246098683361339325.jpg
    16155662508801246098683361339325.jpg
    552 KB · Views: 177
Is yours factory installed? I ask because I selected what I believe is this cover in the factory order but to date, I'm still not positive what I'm actually going to get. Even on the official accessory page, the version of the cover changes between the product images.

It's ridiculuous that something like this can be so nebulous.
Mine is aftermarket and installed by myself. I've seen this same unit factory installed in the new F150s so I'm guess you will get the Retrax XR.

I ordered the Retrax Pro XR on 2/24 from real truck, just got estimated delivery date of 3/29-4/5...so about 5 week turn around time through them. Just an FYI and a heads up on my experience. I’m not too worried as I’m in no rush. ???

I ultimately plan to run some crossbars (thinking rhino rack) and possibly a basket/box or combination.

I ordered the Retrax Pro XR on 2/24 from real truck, just got estimated delivery date of 3/29-4/5...so about 5 week turn around time through them. Just an FYI and a heads up on my experience. I’m not too worried as I’m in no rush. ???

I ultimately plan to run some crossbars (thinking rhino rack) and possibly a basket/box or combination.
I ordered my retrax from real truck the same day you did and got an updated shipment date the other day to 3/29-4/5 as well. The original ship date was supposed to be 3/15-3/18. I got the Yakima skyline HD bars and the skinny warrior basket with extension. I already had the bike racks from last truck setup.

I ordered my retrax from real truck the same day you did and got an updated shipment date the other day to 3/29-4/5 as well. The original ship date was supposed to be 3/15-3/18. I got the Yakima skyline HD bars and the skinny warrior basket with extension. I already had the bike racks from last truck setup.
Ordered my Retrax from autoanything and received it earlier this week. Unfortunately I ordered 80383 instead of T-80383 so I didn’t get the T slots. They are correcting it so I’ll get to wait again.

It was my fault, I wasn’t paying attention.

I need to order my new one. A pity my old one can't be stretched.

Did you order cross bins or side bins? I'm still undecided about cross bin because I normally have a Knaack toolbox just behind the cab with space between the box and cab for folding camp table and some other items. The smaller bin may work. Definitely getting the side bins for straps and stuff.

Worth $100 having it shipped to my dealer and installed.

PSA: Remember to install them there covers correctly!
View attachment 17922
I was riding my bike on a highway in TX and a mattress flew out of the back of a pickup in front of me the same way. I had to gas it and duck as it flew right over my head. :poop: Haven't thought about that in a few years. Thanks! ?

Back